Catholic Church | Crime

Passing The Plate: Priest Embezzled $1.3 Million For Hustlers

54775666

Via Joe.My.God.: Roman Catholic priest Kevin J. Gray, 64, was arrested in Waterbury, Conn., today and charged with first-degree larceny. He is accused of having skimmed $1.3 million from the Sacred Heart/Sagrado Corazon parish over the past seven years in order to spend it on rentboys and on the kinds of things rentboys like—fancy hotels, meals and clothing.

I nominate Clint Eastwood for the biopic.

Comments

1. I seriously need to sign up to be a rentboy. Realy. Soon.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Jul 6, 2010 3:58:23 PM

2. That's a lotta whoooers! They're all scum or implicated somewhere in scummy behavior--even the gay friendly ones are more harmful than not. Hope he kills himself.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 6, 2010 4:04:04 PM

3. I shoulda been a rent boy.

Posted by: JonBenet | Jul 6, 2010 4:04:50 PM

4. 1.3 Million?
    And to think I spent my 20's giving it away.
    Talk about a misspent youth.

Posted by: Speck | Jul 6, 2010 4:09:38 PM

5. It should be the law that they have to where their priest clothes for their mug shot....

Posted by: wonderer | Jul 6, 2010 4:13:06 PM

6. where = wear

Posted by: wonderer | Jul 6, 2010 4:22:37 PM

7. But the poor rent boys have to put out for these twisted old Christian hypocrites....not sure I could do it.

Join the Hypocrites' Club, buddy!

Posted by: Steve | Jul 6, 2010 4:26:12 PM

8. Clint Eastwood!!! Well… I have to admit in all of the excitement, I kind of lost count myself… Did I cum once or twice… Go ahead… Make me gay… Again… Why do these fools give money to these fools? Oh ya, they’re fools!

Posted by: Dave | Jul 6, 2010 4:36:22 PM

9. Unbelievable. It is good they get caught. But how can they keep it secret for fo many years? Hypocrites really (as Steve pointed out) preaching sth and then doing it.
    I don't know how churches can get over these scandals unless people attending... I can't even write it.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 6, 2010 5:05:34 PM

10. Come on. Who doesn't like fancy hotels, meals, and clothing?

Posted by: Kelly | Jul 6, 2010 5:14:09 PM

11. I need to clear few things on my prev writing. I meant preaching one thing (about gay life style) and the doing against their own words. Hypocrites
    And: I don't know how churches can get over these scandals unless people attending have known this or are same kind of hypocrites, forgiving their priests and still keeping up their dislike of gays.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 6, 2010 5:28:48 PM

12. I think people keep going to church because a) they are truly religious, b) it's just a habit c) they are looking for clients for rentboy.com

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 6, 2010 5:34:40 PM

13. He's the only Miss Merry Christmas to be caught with his tinsel down around his knees.

Posted by: Marcus | Jul 6, 2010 5:36:36 PM

14. Pretty mean-spirited kick at ol' Clint, don't ya think?

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Posted by: johnny | Jul 6, 2010 5:50:59 PM

15. If I was donating money and found out that it was being used for this, I'd kick that guy's ass. He's actually safer in prison.

Posted by: omi | Jul 6, 2010 5:59:00 PM

16. I don't mind Clint much aside from the Republican thing; I just think he looks like this guy kinda.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jul 6, 2010 6:02:04 PM

17. We need more of this in the Catholic Church actually. Sharing is caring.

Posted by: Dusty | Jul 6, 2010 6:07:10 PM

18. You'd have to pay me more than $1.3 mill to blow that old homophobe.

Posted by: Will | Jul 6, 2010 7:19:39 PM

19. HAHAHAHA old priesty got BUSTED! God I love this.

Posted by: Justin | Jul 6, 2010 8:02:42 PM

20. another catholic priest putting his best something foward. but be grateful for one thing he paid for his boys not just abused them because he could. he sort of sets higher standards for priests. he actually didn't grab a 12 year old altar boy.

Posted by: walter | Jul 6, 2010 8:03:28 PM

21. Obviously one of the better priests. He just stole to get some pussy and live high on the hog.

He should be honored by the church - as an example of not abusing little kids.

Posted by: Stan James | Jul 7, 2010 12:00:55 AM

22. I LOVE the fact that the banner ad above this story is for "DateWealthyMen.com" !!

Posted by: Jakey | Jul 7, 2010 12:35:27 AM

23. His Church will just have to charge more for BINGO, to re-coop their loses. I guess he was giving those rent-boys last rates! Do rent-boys give S & H Stamps? Wonder how many of those rent-boys got their training as alter boys?

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Jul 7, 2010 7:23:32 AM

24. ROTFLMAO @ Jakey.

For me the banner ad is "Massage Envy"!

Posted by: AggieCowboy | Jul 7, 2010 11:15:34 AM

25. Actually, he did the right thing.

It was better for him to steal money in order to meet his sexual needs with rentboys than to molest innocent young boys at church.

Who would have thought that, when compared to hundreds of other Catholic priests, this one looks like the good guy?

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jul 7, 2010 4:18:57 PM