Cristiano Ronaldo | India | News | Robert Gibbs | Seattle | Sharron Angle | Space

BigGayDeal.com

News: Vitaminwater, Robert Gibbs, Perseids, Sharron Angle

road Perseid meteor shower on its way.

Cristiano_ronaldo  roadWannabe actress offers report on Cristiano Ronaldo: "Now, while a lot of women appreciate a well-endowed man, this was just ­RIDICULOUS...intimidatingly so."

roadWhite House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs lashes out at "professional left": “I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested. I mean, it’s crazy...They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality.” UPDATE: Gibbs walks it back.

roadEven though she has pledged not to take any campaign donations from gay-friendly companies, Sharron Angle has already taken at least $37,000. Will she return it?

roadYounger vs Older: The cast of Survivor: Nicaragua.

roadCoca-Cola defends marketing of unhealthy vitaminwater as healthy: "In a staggering feat of twisted logic, lawyers for Coca-Cola are defending the lawsuit by asserting that 'no consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking vitaminwater was a healthy beverage.'"

roadJoseph Gordon-Levitt and Channing Tatum share screen in short film.

Galaxy   roadHubble photographs majestic spiral galaxy.

roadGay marketplace booms in India: "Since July over 15 bars across New Delhi have hosted gay events, up from just one event at one bar a week two years ago. India’s first gay-products store, Azaad Bazaar in Mumbai, has seen a year of growth, penetrating mainstream stores across the country with its merchandise. Queer-Ink.com, India’s first gay online bookshop, is exploring publishing titles in the next six to eight months. Manish Sharma, a gay events promoter from New Delhi, hosts regular parties attended by over 200, while Sanjay Malhotra runs India’s first gays-only travel agency, IndjaPink."

roadChicago Tribune: The Supreme Court should rule that equal protection means giving gays civil unions. "That course offers a compromise that, while satisfying neither side entirely, accommodates each in its central concern. It would show a respect for democracy and a humility about the role of the judiciary." Um, no.

roadKaty Perry's 'teenage dream', Josh Kloss.

Hutton_gibson  roadMel Gibson's dad: The Pope is gay. "He's a slippery character."

roadThe Real Polygamist Housewives of Utah.

roadGarden planted at site of Staten Island anti-gay hate crime: "Community leaders planted a garden Saturday at the site of an attack on a Staten Island gay couple, in hopes of bringing tolerance to a borough that has experienced a wave of bias crimes since April."

roadJeffree Star banned from Temecula, California concert venue for being gay?

roadAnti-gay attack reported on Seattle's Capitol Hill: "The man was at the intersection of Harvard Avenue E and E Roy Street, headed north, when a stranger wearing a backwards baseball cap passed him headed in the opposite direction. As the stranger passed, he allegedly called the victim a faggot and then pushed the victim from behind, knocking him to the sidewalk. The report states that the victim 'struck his face on the concrete' causing obvious lacerations to his nose, lip, and chin, as well as several chipped front teeth. The victim stated that no other words were said by either party, either before or after the assault."

Comments

1. No more "crazy" than a White House which insists on demoralizing the Democratic base and depressing voter turnout on their own side to chase after the 4 or 5 Republican voters who still like Obama.

Of the president's clueless minions, Gibbs is probably the most disappointing of them all.

And that's from a group that includes Rahm Emmanuel, David Axelrod, Timothy Geithner, and Larry Summers.

Posted by: John | Aug 10, 2010 2:54:32 PM

2. On The Chicago Trib:
    I am for full civil rights for all.
    I am for marriage equality.
    Whats interesting:
    In a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll, two out of every three Americans favored providing civil unions for same-sex couples. It also would preserve the right of states to enact same-sex marriage if they choose.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Aug 10, 2010 3:31:30 PM

3. andy, what is wrong with your site? why do i keep getting "script error" messages?

Posted by: nic | Aug 10, 2010 3:33:43 PM

4. Maybe there'll be a truly viable third party candidate in 2012. I hope so because I do not want to vote for Obama again.

Posted by: Jersey | Aug 10, 2010 3:45:35 PM

5. Cristiano Ronaldo has a body and face which are perfect, but I lost my interest when as a single father of a newborn baby he left his son to his mother (the baby's grand mother) and traveled to NYC where he spent time with his then girl friend who didn't send him home to be with his child. How can you adore the body when the guy acts like this? There would have been time to be his girl friend at his home when the baby was sleeping. I am not trying to be moralist. It is just difficult to unite the body and mind - adore the body and well -- the mind...

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 10, 2010 3:45:55 PM

6. I moved from the USA to Canada and I seriously don't understand what's so bad with "canadian style" healthcare... there are issues here, but there is one big difference, I NEVER have to worry about wether I'm covered or if I'll lose it and my house if I get sick. I'm sorry, that's pretty good from where I'm sitting.

Posted by: Vincent-louis Apruzzese | Aug 10, 2010 3:56:27 PM

7. The Chicago Tribune obviously doesn't get it. Reread Judge Walker's opinion, op-ed writers. Listen to Boies/Olson. They know what they're talking about!

There is NO rational or valid reason for gay couples to be excluded from civil marriage. None. The only reason is discrimination, period. Crafting a separate and therefore unequal status for gay couples to semi-satisfy some poll majority doesn't even come close to being a valid reason.

The majority can adapt to equality. They've done it before. Equality shouldn't have to adapt to majority whims.

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 10, 2010 9:35:49 PM

8. As a professional leftie I think someone needs to point out to Robert Gibbs how difficult the next election is going to be without people like me. I'm currently still willing to support the President and give him the benefit of the doubt on some issues. However, I certainly don't appreciate, or need, Gibbs to remind me of what I consider Obama's shortcomings and basically tell me that I'm wrong for doing so. Seems that they don't mind sending me solicitations for donations (daily) - guess my leftie money is good enough for them it's just my ideas and opinions that they don't want.

Posted by: ChrisM | Aug 11, 2010 8:25:19 AM

9. So why isn't Jeffree Starr suing the shit out of the city of Temecula? Doesn't the state of California have laws against such discrimination... if his claim is to be believed.

Posted by: Ingmar | Aug 11, 2010 9:22:34 AM

10. Awesome post! Thank you so much for sharing. This entire Blog is fantastic!

Posted by: ian | Nov 10, 2010 7:54:29 PM