Barbra Streisand | Jennifer Aniston | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jennifer Aniston Tries on Barbra Streisand for Harper's Bazaar

Aniston

With limited success...

Comments

1. I like the second photo...

Posted by: ACe | Aug 4, 2010 7:27:30 PM

2. Bitch, please.

Posted by: wilburinla | Aug 4, 2010 8:32:35 PM

3. Aniston: "The Architectural Digest spread didn't work. I need the fags! I need to get the fags on my side! Look at the way they back total losers! So what do fags like?"

Publicist: Madonna?

Aniston: Fuck off!

Publicist: Barbra?

Aniston: Bush?"

Publicist: Striesand.

Aniston: OMG, that is so, like, psychic! I just saw The Way We Was on cable. Call up Anna Wintour! Call up Harpers! Tell 'em I want to do a BIG feature where I pretend, be, channel Barbra -- but with TALENT. This is going to be So Fucking Awesome! The fags are gonna ADORE ME!!!

Posted by: Jimbo | Aug 4, 2010 9:29:54 PM

4. wow. i looked through the shots and agree - the only thing this accomplished is to highlight how amazing barbra is, unconventional beauty, sexual charisma.... aniston has none of that. what little she might have had she plastic surgeried away. sad.

Posted by: mike128 | Aug 4, 2010 9:41:32 PM

5. Personalities aside, these are beautiful photographs. I didn't mistake them for Barbra, but on the other hand, even knowing that they are of Jennifer Anniston, I cannot see her in them - so it is a statement of her ability to transform. The photographer and stylist should be commended for their work.

It is sad that many cannot see artistic expression and ability for what it is without looking through the lens of dislike for a person that is not even personally known.

Posted by: Chadd | Aug 4, 2010 11:34:06 PM

6. I like Jennifer Aniston. Barbara was before my time, so I can't really relate. I GUESS she favors her. I dunno. She needs a bigger nose.

Posted by: Kyle | Aug 5, 2010 12:21:15 AM

7. While I'm certain it wasn't intended the first shot above looks more like Angelina Jolie in "Salt" than Streisand ... oophs!

Posted by: ChrisM | Aug 5, 2010 7:38:05 AM

8. I think the eye makeup makes her look more like one of the Olsen twins than Babs.

Posted by: Pete | Aug 5, 2010 9:56:40 AM

9. I have hated her since "Friends" first premiered, and I detest that show to this day. The only thing that Jennifer Aniston has any talent in, is manipulating everyone into believing that she is the shit just because she's pretty and white and female and privileged and working in Hollywood. Take away all the hype and the fireworks, and she's blander than tap water. In my humble opinion, Jennifer Aniston is simply the most overrated woman in the history of entertainment. And these pictures only prove how overrated Miss Thing is.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Aug 5, 2010 5:55:21 PM

10. Um, I don't mean to sound like a bitch. But, unless the definition of "pretty," has changed, along w/ the standard of beauty to beady, close together eyes, and shapeless rhinoplastied nose, extremely thin lips, low forehead and no cheekbones to speak of....Jennifer Aniston is not "pretty." Pretty is Rachel McAdams. Pretty is Kristen Davis from Sex and the City. Pretty is Courtney Cox. She has a tan, a nice body, and a great head of hair that doesn't change, ever. But the face?? Come on. The bitches on Rupaul's Drag Race are prettier than that bitch. I sometimes think for the people calling her "pretty," it's some kind of 'Rorschacht'(sp) test: they have mothers, sisters, aunts (or they themselves)who look like Aniston - i.e., average and plain. So saying she is not pretty, is like calling themselves 'not pretty.' I put Aniston in the Sarah Jessica, Kathy Griffin, Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah, Courteny Love level of attractiveness - in other words, YES these women can look very nice, and attractive - but they will never make it to "pretty," and 'beautiful,' is OUT of the question...I don't care how much her PR pays you in access and free premiere tickets. Just. STOP.

Posted by: PleaseSTOP | Aug 9, 2010 4:26:54 AM

11. "ennifer has long idolized Streisand, patron saint of stage and screen (two Academy Awards, eight Grammys) and the exemplar of times-they-are-a-changing feminism, who is, of course, more than a muse. She's an icon.

Jennifer first met Streisand, 68, at a New Year's party a few years ago. ""I've loved her since I was a kid, and all of a sudden there she is, and she's just like someone you've always known,"" Jennifer says. ""You know when you meet people you idolize and then you walk away from the conversation thinking, 'Well, that was a disappointment; they were kinder and more fabulous in my mind'? Well, she was wonderful, and you could talk to her about anything."" She starts to laugh. ""So, I happened to be talking to her and Jim [Streisand's husband, James Brolin] when it struck midnight. They said, 'Excuse us,' kissed each other, and then, very politely, kissed me.""

It was Jennifer's hairstylist and friend of almost 20 years, Chris McMillan, who inspired her to write her own love letter to Streisand's style. ""He is, of course, hair obsessed,"" Jennifer explains, ""and I'm a Barbie doll for him. So, whenever we'd see great pictures of Barbra or a movie, he'd be like, 'You have to do an homage to Barbra.'""
    "