Katy Perry | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: California Gays Show You Katy Perry's 'Peacock'

Peacock

Ryan James Yezak and the boys behind 'California Gays' are back, showing off to Katy Perry's 'Peacock'.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. @Thomas: I agree. The lower production values add charms to the whole thing.

I actually kinda enjoyed some of the videos posted previously but this one has jumped the shark for me. Too polished to have some charms, but not polish enough to look truly professional.

And why Katy Perry's song again?

Posted by: ed | Aug 30, 2010 11:30:58 PM

2. @Thomas: I agree. The lower production values add charms to the whole thing.

And why Katy Perry's song again?

Posted by: ed | Aug 30, 2010 11:30:58 PM

3. Boys just wanna have fun...

Posted by: Brian | Aug 31, 2010 12:40:29 AM

4. Bro-ther, criticize the video for one reason or another, but the out-of-the-box hatred is silly. I prefer the parody of "California Gurls" to this one, which is serious-minded. But so what? It's cute and the kid who put this together clearly has chutzpah.

This hysterical strain of insecurity that comes out as soon as a queeny guy appears on the radar is bizarre.

Posted by: FilmTurtle | Aug 31, 2010 4:11:40 AM

5. Video looks good... They are definitely getting better at production... Unlike other posts regarding this video, I appreciate the entertainment value. Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Beau | Aug 31, 2010 5:09:30 AM

6. that was surprisingly terrible. I had to go watch Cazwell's Ice Cream Truck to cleanse my mind-grapes.

Posted by: matt | Aug 31, 2010 6:18:57 AM

7. I hate Katy Perry, but I thought it was fun (other than the interlude bit which sort of dragged, IMO)... and what drugs are the people on that don't think these guys are attractive? The blonde that was in the football gear & the tall one in glasses were particularly so. They might not be your particular taste if you're into the elderly, the obese, or hairy guys, but to say they're unattractive is ridiculous.

Posted by: Jackson | Aug 31, 2010 7:57:08 AM

8. Ya big bunch of haters! Save the vitriol for our political and social enemies. Just like it's not up to the AFA, or NOM, or anyone else to judge what's appropriate and acceptable for gay people, it isn't up to you either! Don't we get enough of that already?

Posted by: Robie | Aug 31, 2010 9:42:41 AM

9. Amazing! Love these guys. So cute, so fun!

Posted by: G | Aug 31, 2010 10:11:20 AM

10. THE TOWLEROAD LIP-SYNCING BOYS VIDEO POSTING CYCLE

-Andy Towle posts a video of boys lip-syncing to the latest pop princess.

-Some people love it. "OMG! LOOOVE IT!"

-Some people hate it. "Ewww! I just threw up in my mouth!"

-Some people who love it qualify their love, usually in question-answer form. "Is this high art? No, it isn't. Is it a fun flirty video? Yes it is!"

-Some people who hate it claim it's a set-back for gay rights. "This is terrible, and we will never be equal because of it!"

-Some people who love it call the people who hate it uptight and self-hating, usually with a tone of smug superiority. "Hmm, I think the fact that you don't like this video says more about YOU than it does about the video."

-Everyone shuts up for two weeks or so.

-Andy Towle posts a video of boys lip-syncing to the latest pop princess...

Posted by: Musicboy | Aug 31, 2010 10:34:49 AM

11. I dunno... I thought it was kind of fun and cute...

Posted by: Dave | Aug 31, 2010 10:43:41 AM

12. Seriously guys - if you don't like it, don't watch! If we want to be treated equal...then it takes ALL kinds of 'us' to make the world go round - but the more of you that bitch and moan and complain about a video ... makes us all look petty, childish, and just plain bitchy. There's lots more on this site (and other sites), so it should be easy enough to not click the link if you get annoyed by guys making a video.

Posted by: DSCinSEA | Aug 31, 2010 11:49:46 AM

13. I think they need to lay off these guys backs. They had fun making it and i had fun watching it. I am tired of listening to guys who are gay and pretend to be straight and these guys are not hiding it. They should respected for having the guts to put it on the internet where they know it will be critized be little queens like most of you. To casey, i agree. Disgueting, not the video. Find something better to do then make fun of gay guys having fun.

Posted by: zakeri | Mar 6, 2011 8:43:17 PM