Brian Brown | Gay Marriage | Iowa | News | NOM

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: NOM's Brian Brown Won't Be Fooled by Tricky Gay Marriage Questions

Brown

Adam Bink writes, for NOM Tour Tracker:

"For those of you who followed the Perry v. Schwarzenegger proceedings, you probably recall David Blankenhorn, a supposed 'expert' witness for the defense (anti-equality) side who was backed into a corner by plaintiff co-counsel David Boies. Blankenhorn was forced to respond to assertions made in his book on how the freedom to marry would mean many more same-sex couples would enter into committed relationships, their children would benefit, would increase the worth and validity of same-sex relationships, would decrease the number of gay/lesbian individuals who unhappily marry someone of the opposite sex, etc. Blankenhorn was forced to affirm his belief in these statements and many more, to the embarrassment of the defense."

NOM Executive Director Brian Brown, in this new interview from Des Moines, Iowa, refuses to fall into Boies' Blankenhorn trap by evading all questions about a hypothetical world in which same-sex marriage is legal.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Hey Mr. Brown, since I am a lot younger than you and it is very likely that I am going to out-live you, you can be sure that after you die, I will locate the place where you are buried, and spit on it. (and you should be grateful that I am only going to spit on it). Thanks.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Aug 2, 2010 2:15:56 PM

2. It is important you post these videos here. But I shouldn't listen to them. I oppose his views so totally. After listening this, I am even more sure than before LGBT groups should not give up one half of millimeter on their demands. This is a fight LGBT needs to win.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 2, 2010 2:31:07 PM

3. For those of you who remember, this guy reminds me of Wally's friend Lumpy from LEAVE IT TO BEAVER. Has about the same insight too. Why is it every time Brain Brown talks, I hear the sound of a toilet flushing in my head?

Posted by: Bart | Aug 2, 2010 2:46:11 PM

4. Love the statement "I'm going to answer these questions not in a yes or no way but in the best way I know how.." So essentially you're not going to answer them at all.

I have to say I find his statement about can we possibly imagine how hard it is to stand up for traditional marriage is one of the most insulting things I've ever heard. I'm sure it's very hard for him but nowhere near as hard as for all of us who don't even have marriage to protect.

Posted by: Michelle | Aug 2, 2010 2:52:12 PM

5. This guy looks like he could be fooled by the directions on a Pepsi can.

Posted by: MikeMick | Aug 2, 2010 3:02:57 PM

6. Now that I see what this man really looks like I find it false advertising and insulting that so many gay websites use a file photo of him that was clearly taken about 20 years, 50 pounds and many thousands of hair follicles ago.

They used to do the same with Peter LaBarbara, posting an ancient photo of him from when he was fairly attractive.

PLEASE, from now on, when reporting on these two ass clowns, post CURRENT photos so that people can see what hate can do to people.

Maggie Gallagher the same. Has anyone seen her lately. The constant hate has made a woman, who used to only be homely, downright scary!

Posted by: Zooboomafoo | Aug 2, 2010 3:08:49 PM

7. Okay, I realize this is important for people to see. I get it. I really do.

But with this guy there is no coming to the table, there is no compromise, there is no shades of gray when it comes to morality. In his mind he's right and we're wrong. Period. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

This entire video was an exercise in hitting your head against a brick wall. Repeatedly. Until you're blinded by the cascading blood gushing from your forehead and finally you pass out from exhaustion or blood loss or a combination of both.

Again, it's important to see intolerance and hate in real time. It's important as a learning device. Hopefully someone watching this video will have a change of heart.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to attend to my forehead wounds.

Posted by: Stephen | Aug 2, 2010 3:33:59 PM

8. Married heterosexuals don't have to "stand up" for anything. The overwhelming majority of them live their lives and mind their own business.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 2, 2010 3:35:33 PM

9. is it just me, or is there some weird tongue shit happening with the top pic?

Posted by: doug | Aug 2, 2010 3:54:34 PM

10. It's nice to know NOM is run by idiots that can't coherently explain their argument.

Posted by: Brent | Aug 2, 2010 5:32:15 PM

11. Dunno why, but this guy reminds me of "Biff" the red-neck bully in the "Back to the Future" movies.

I am not concerned... I know we will have marriage equality eventually. You can't call it "Morality" when it is built upon unfairness and injustice.

Posted by: jexer | Aug 2, 2010 5:40:51 PM

12. I really love the 3-4 NOM videos over the past couple of weeks. I don't agree with interviewees in them, but it's so interesting to hear them explain their positions in such depth ('depth' used loosely, of course).

Posted by: Drew | Aug 2, 2010 6:11:24 PM

13. Also, this guy just proves these people are grasping at straws now with such stellar replies as "I don't answer hypothetical questions!" So there, they don't WANT to argue; they just want to be stupid and let inevitable progress run them over.

Posted by: Drew | Aug 2, 2010 6:17:55 PM

14. Brown makes the familiar victimology complaint about retribution against those who voice anti-Gay opinions.

Peter and Paul were executed for their Christianity but Brian Brown just can’t bear the torment of negative opinion.

Pitiful. Just pitiful.

How does it feel Brian? Get used to it...I think I'm gonna get a seat closer to the front of the bus now.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 2, 2010 7:43:44 PM

15. Marriage is not just about any 2 people.
    I agree with Brian. He is not showing anger despite all these loaded trap questions. That is the sign of a healthy individual.

Posted by: perfectedlove | Aug 2, 2010 7:50:11 PM

16. No, no. This is about getting the person "interviewing" brown off guard. He performs all of the propagandist tactics by asking questions he already knows the answer to, and repeating them (talking points). Then he doesn't answer any of the questions the interviewer askes him, and supplies answers to questions not asked. That's the way it's done from Goebbels to Hannity. You keep your "interlocutor" jumping from one foot the next, while laughing at the dance. Because the truth doesn't matter...it's what you can get stupid people to believe that has cash value to these degenerates.

Posted by: TANK | Aug 2, 2010 10:12:10 PM

17. I swear this guys gay

Posted by: Carlos | Aug 3, 2010 8:50:54 AM

18. If it looks like Ted Haggard, if it walks like Ted Haggard, if it sounds like Ted Haggart, then it must be Ted Haggard.

Posted by: Mike In Philly | Aug 3, 2010 4:47:45 PM