Architecture | China | Crime | Madonna | Malawi | Morrissey | Nature | Queen Latifah | Rachel Maddow | Sarah Palin | Zac Efron

BigGayDeal.com

News: Morrissey, China, Rachel Maddow, HIV, Fish

road Morrissey isn't backing down from his statement that the "Chinese are a subspecies" because of their lack of laws protecting animals.

Ra road Rachel Maddow is pissed at Curbed for publishing her home address: They may get a lot of page views for that, but I think they would have gotten just as many page views if they had redacted my address and considered my safety and privacy. Whoever at Curbed decided the actual address and floor plan was necessary to get those page views, I hope they die in a fire."

road Bristol Palin didn't go to her high school prom because she was knocked up.

road NYC promoter Dougie Meyer was the victim of a hate crime Friday night: “…got the living shit beat out of me tonite [sic] when 3 black men jumped me for being gay. Their exact words were “fuck you, you fucking faggot!”

road Did rocker Ian Watkins make a gay sex tape?

road A history as to why you get the day off from work tomorrow.

road The New World Trade Center will be up in no time.

road China will hear a legal case based on job discrimination against those infected with HIV.

Shrekfish

road This may be one ugly fish but it doesn't look that much like Shrek.

road Architect Markus Dochantsch on designing Madonna's school for girls in Malawi: "The design is not just about aesthetics and materials but about helping to understand the society you're building for. For example, in Africa, you realize the importance of open space, of being outside and understanding nature. So we designed a very open pedestrian campus."

road Zac Efron gets scruffy.

road Queen Latifah's trainer Jillian Michaels on the gay rumors: "I have gay friends, but I'm not gay."

road RIP political cartoonist Paul Conrad.

road Sarah Palin's neighbor moves out of Alaska to start writing a book on the former governor.

Comments

1. Die in a fire?

Not very progressive.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 5, 2010 7:41:40 PM

2. No, praying that they die in a fire would be conservative. :-)

Posted by: LetSodomRing | Sep 5, 2010 7:47:24 PM

3. Despite my having read the Curbed article (so feeling a little guilty here) I can totally understand Rachel's point of view.

Posted by: Esteban | Sep 5, 2010 8:46:22 PM

4. Queen Latifah's trainer is Jeanette Jenkins, not Jillian Michaels. Ms. Michaels is the trainer on "The Biggest Loser", and I believe she is openly bisexual.

Posted by: Faith | Sep 5, 2010 8:53:01 PM

5. Dougie Meyer may have overplayed her role as an overbitchy queen and got silenced accordingly. Do not claim hate crime when you mouth off at people who can beat you down. I see a Perez Hilton clone of a case here.

Posted by: SSCHIEFRSHA | Sep 5, 2010 9:18:22 PM

6. Why do people tolerate Morrissey? He's always been a disgusting racist, always denies it. Now at least he's upfront about it. The Chinese are a "sub-species" because they're cruel to animals? Look at the histories of white people regarding animals or regarding PEOPLE, look at any race's history and you'll find negative things. To condemn a race of people is, by definition, racism. I'm thoroughly outraged by mistreatment of animals, but I'm more outraged by mistreatment of people, and saying a group of people are less than another is a travesty.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Sep 5, 2010 9:54:01 PM

7. If Dougie Meyer was assaulted then nothing that he said or did makes him deserve this. I am a mouthy dyke, but I don't deserve to be beaten up and raped for having an aggressive Asian frequently bitter personality.

I don't think the race of the attackers matters one iota. I've been mugged and beaten by whites, blacks, AND Asians in Thailand so all peoples do harm. Because I'm small framed I'm taken advantage of a lot! No wonder I'm bitter!

SSCHIEFRSHA: I do agree that someone people cross the line when it comes to being irresponsible bitches. Perez his one of them and so is Dougie sometimes. Being a popular whore who puts on parties doesn't mean that you have to be mean-spirited to others, or so the legend goes.

Posted by: veg | Sep 5, 2010 9:54:19 PM

8. Everything I've read about Ian Watkins says he's bisexual while Wikipedia lists him as gay.

He's pretty handsome but I'm more interested to know if he wears a hairpeice of some kind. His hair style looks like the styles they use for 'hair systems'. (it's all in the bangs - plus they're never the natural color, always dyed)

Posted by: lookyloo | Sep 6, 2010 2:29:05 AM

9. dear 'mericans,
    there are two ian watkins if you read properly. one that came out in 2007, from the boyband era 'Steps' and the one mentioned in the article from the band lostprophets. both are welsh, which is wales and which makes both british.

Posted by: hmp | Sep 6, 2010 7:12:38 AM

10. Ian Watkins is openly bi, and, as far as I know, has been pretty open about it. And no, not the gay one from Steps.

Can hardly see where the "scandal" is, except in the heads of profit-on-all-cost-looking low lifes like Perez. To see this blog supporting this waste of breath is kind of a disappointment.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 6, 2010 8:09:37 AM

11. The tattoo on the sex tape doesn't look at all like the tattoo on Watkins's shoulder.

Posted by: Fulton | Sep 6, 2010 9:16:12 AM

12. That fish looks more like Jay Leno than Shrek.

Posted by: Q | Sep 6, 2010 10:42:47 AM

13. Rachel Maddow is a sellout and an overpaid propagandist. The outrage is that she is able to afford a west village apartment off of the money she's made covering for this bigoted administration and lying to her own community about Obama for her own gain. fuck her and her privacy.

Posted by: gaylib | Sep 6, 2010 11:04:41 AM

14. Charming, Gaylib. Once a PUMA loser, always a PUMA loser, I guess.

Posted by: Musicboy | Sep 6, 2010 12:31:34 PM

15. First, he is not actually fellating said penis, just kind of presenting it. Second, it may not be a real penis. Third, who the f*ck cares?

Posted by: niles | Sep 6, 2010 1:39:40 PM

16. He's not actually fellating said penis? Have you actually seen the pictures? He does in fact suck on a penis. What the hell does that even mean? "Just kind of presenting it." Also, who the hell would waste all that time sucking on a fake penis, the penis is obviously attached to a body, unless the whole damn thing is made of silicone. Which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If you don't care, why bother to comment on it? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Posted by: Brandon | Sep 6, 2010 2:41:46 PM

17. I absolutely LOVE Rachel Maddow and completely agree with her anger and frustration about having her home address published, BUT...

I'm really disappointed at her for sinking as low as she did by saying, "I hope they die in a fire". Come on Rachel! You're better than that!!!

Posted by: Jake | Sep 6, 2010 3:30:33 PM

18. Musicboy,

Agreed! GAYLIB is a loser, big time!

(I'm sure he'll say something "clever" like STFU!)

Posted by: Paul | Sep 6, 2010 3:36:13 PM

19. Could gaylib be any more transparent with his bitterness and jealousy.

"The outrage is that she is able to afford a west village apartment"

Laughing at you, gaylib!

Posted by: Jamal | Sep 6, 2010 3:49:25 PM

20. “…got the living shit beat out of me tonite [sic] when 3 black men jumped me for being gay. Their exact words were “fuck you, you fucking faggot!”

Unless one is speaking to the police, why is it necessary to say the color of the assailants? I bet the same person would never had mentioned color if it been three white guys. I'm jes sayin'.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Sep 6, 2010 5:42:04 PM

21. Not to jump on you, Derek, but saying it was men of color narrows the suspect pool a bit. African Americans are a minority.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 6, 2010 10:07:04 PM

22. I still don't know why it matters if celebs are gay or straight. Its not like any of us will meet them and have them fall in love with us anyway. Like the whole Jake G thing--who cares? I'd rather not know anything about them so they are a blank slate to me.

Like la lohan...she is probably a good actress but now I can't disassociate her with being a drunken, self indulgent, reckless driving idiot with a crazy mother. I can't watch a movie and lose myself in it anymore. I see all of her nuttiness and am turned off.

People like Leo DiCaprio, Jodi Foster, Denzel, etc who aren't out and about that often enable me to just go see their films without any preconceived notions about who they are.

Posted by: Rin | Sep 7, 2010 9:48:36 AM