Britney Spears | Camille Paglia | Georgia | Jersey Shore | Lady Gaga | Lindsay Lohan | Mario Lopez | Meghan McCain | Microsoft | News | Serbia | Space

BigGayDeal.com

News: Lady Gaga, Serbia, Microsoft, NASA, Claude Chabrol, KKK

road 52-year-old Kansas City police officer charged with sexually assaulting his son's teenage friend.

road Surf's up for gays and lesbians in Australia.

Lg  road Camille Paglia is not very keen on Lady Gaga: "Despite showing acres of pallid flesh in the fetish-bondage garb of urban prostitution, Gaga isn’t sexy at all – she’s like a gangly marionette or plasticised android."

road Such intense hatred of gays in Serbia is common in others parts of the world: "Many places outside the highly developed world – and places within it, of course – remain violently homophobic, and even the most tolerant of countries have shaken off their intolerance only over the past 25 to 50 years. The situation in Serbia is surely not as bad as in Jamaica, for example, or even Russia. Homophobia remains, though, a tremendous problem in Serbia."

road A Jersey Shore cast member sans hair gel.

road Meghan McCain recounts her first foray into the world of blogging: “I was so honest and beautifully naïve to many things,” she told me. “I just thought I was doing a fun thing, and that everyone would want to get in on it.” By the time Ms. McCain turned 24 in October 2008, she was blogging from semi-exile. (Her father’s campaign manager, Steve Schmidt, “banished” her and her entourage from the main campaign five weeks before its close for being “too controversial.”).

road Savannah's holds its first Queer Power March.

road Microsoft apologizes to a gamer from Fort Gay, West Virginia after finding the name of his town offensive for its Xbox Live. Said gamer: "I thought, 'Wow, somebody's thinking I live in the gayest town in West Virginia or something.' I'm not even gay, and it makes me feel like they were discriminating."

road Lindsay Lohan is a ginger once again.

Sun  road NASA to "bomb" the sun for samples for the first time: "Slated to launch no later than 2018, Solar Probe Plus will repeatedly plunge through the sun's superhot outer atmosphere, called the corona, coming as close as 4 million miles (6.5 million kilometers) from the star's fiery surface."

road This can't possibly be true.

road Former bodyguard accuses Britney Spears of physically abusing her children.

road RIP French director Claude Chabrol.

road KKK holds protest near Chattanooga, TN to "condemn illegal immigration, homosexuality, sex offenders, blacks and President Barack Obama."

road Mario Lopez is now a daddy.

Comments

1. I'm sorry did that say KKK or Tea Party...I get the two confused.

Posted by: Tim in TN | Sep 12, 2010 7:22:38 PM

2. The article about the 52 year old police officer is creepy, but it reminded me of an old joke. The man said he was heterosexual, and the sexual assault of the 19 year old man wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been drinking. Now the joke:

Q: What is the difference between a straight man and a gay man?

A: Five beers.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Sep 12, 2010 8:25:42 PM

3. Hey that Klan rally happened in GA not Chattanooga,TN. Its about 1 and 1/2 away from the city and is closer to ATL

Posted by: Jim | Sep 12, 2010 8:39:43 PM

4. Camile Paglia is a certifiable lunatic. She hasn't had an original thought in 30 years. Who is still publishing her rantings?

Posted by: gaylib | Sep 12, 2010 8:54:15 PM

5. Newsflash--no one cares what our "foremost cultural critics" has said since the '90's.

Some cranky old lady complains about the music the kids are listening to now, and that's considered relevant how? Whatever.

Posted by: DH | Sep 12, 2010 9:00:04 PM

6. @gaylib

well, if la paglia hasn't had an original thought in 30 years, then she's probably the right critic to take on la gaga who has yet to present an original idea in her music or persona.

the combination fits.

Posted by: alguien | Sep 12, 2010 9:10:18 PM

7. Deconstruction and eclecticism are legitimate artistic themes.

I don't really understand the militant rejection of Lady Gaga. It's as if she's threatening to break into the dusty repository that is the memory of these Gen-X and older queens and ransack and pillage their treasured memories of Grace Jones and Annie Lennox and old school Madonna and make off into the night with them.

She's a new popstar, and more than that, one with legitimate talent and highly trained technical skill (she went to the Tisch School for the Arts). The fact that large parts of her persona are intended as parodic commentary seems to fly over the heads of most people, fans or not.

Posted by: Jeremy | Sep 12, 2010 10:34:21 PM

8. @Jeremy

Haters gonna hate

Posted by: Scott | Sep 13, 2010 12:11:40 AM

9. Thanks JEREMY, I like your take. I'm not a big fan of Gaga (yes, more into Lennox and Jones :-), but I don't feel threatened by her either (though clearly others here do). I didn't realize she went to Tisch. And her support of gay and other progressive causes is fantastic.

Posted by: David R. | Sep 13, 2010 1:50:43 AM

10. The KC police officer story uses quite emotive terms - "teen friend", which makes him sound like a paedophile.

Abusing his position of power (both as a parent and a police officer) is reprehensible. But the 'teen' was actually a 'young man' of 19, above the age of majority in the sense that he can vote, join the army and consent to sex. He may not be able to buy beer, but he is not a child.

So in summary, lecherous, sex-offender police officer is bad, but not a paedophile. Pedobear was not in the hot-tub.

I'm not quibbling because I think he should get off lightly, but coverage like this can very easily play to the "all gay men want to fuck kids" agenda of those who hate us. They're not going to go to the original article and scan down to the 4th paragraph that says "no kids were involved".

Posted by: Graham Anderson | Sep 13, 2010 5:51:12 AM

11. KC policeman is a total Cop-out. The problem is "Don't drink and dive in a hot-tub!"

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Sep 13, 2010 8:12:54 AM

12. If Lady CaCa was on the street screaming, "Help me, I am on fire!" I would pour gasoline on her.

Posted by: JonTjhan | Sep 13, 2010 10:26:01 AM

13. The only thing I find more amusing than someone making fun of Gaga for having a dick are those who indignantly and self-righteously attack Gaga for offending their hallowed memories of times and artists past.

Now go and pour yourself another drink and play some "Boys Boys Boys" - a great record that never got the attention it deserved.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Sep 13, 2010 2:30:42 PM

14. @ Tim in TN - it's easy not to confuse the klan with the teabaggers - when they wear their sheets they're the klan and when they take them off for a Palin/Beck rally they're the tea baggers ...

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 13, 2010 6:30:32 PM