Music | Music Video | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #733

CALLISTO: New video from Archy & Mehitabel.

MJ: Cardio hip-hop against H8.

FUN WITH FOAM: Flying letters!

GAY HIPSTER FIGHT: This apparently took place outside a club in L.A.'s Silverlake district.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Wow, the gay hipster fight is embarrassing, if for no other reason than these guys slap each other like a bunch of teenage chicks. Oy. Make love, not war. Or at least fight like a man.

Posted by: k | Sep 16, 2010 5:03:10 PM

2. @K: I was just about to post the same thing. That fight is beyond embarrassing for me. Even a weak ineffective punch would have been more respectable than their weak flailing. I am disappoint(ed).

Posted by: LAWL | Sep 16, 2010 5:34:50 PM

3. BEST HIPSTER FIGHT EVAR! It looks like the outside of Akbar. I think? Either way, I would have paid money to witness that first hand :D

Posted by: Seamus | Sep 16, 2010 5:38:48 PM

4. Andy - This gay hipster fight? Really , you thought this was interesting or funny? It's neither.

Posted by: pete | Sep 16, 2010 5:42:25 PM

5. I want that foam printer to disrupt a Christine O'Donnell rally with flying foam penises, or something similarly mature.

Posted by: hugo | Sep 16, 2010 5:59:11 PM

6. gay West Side Story...that's redundant.

Posted by: ken | Sep 16, 2010 5:59:41 PM

7. lots of fights in west hollywood lately. the young kids love to fight...they'll walk up to you for no reason and start pushing and hitting. most of the fights that I've witnessed have been young latinos. every night it seems.

Posted by: Rolph | Sep 16, 2010 6:06:53 PM

8. What's with the posting of the gay hipster fight, Andy? Is the joke is that they slap like girls or something? That's one of the more homophobic things I've seen you publish in a long time. If a Christian site had posted the same thing, with the same words, you'd be up in arms, and rightfully so.

Posted by: Bakeley | Sep 16, 2010 6:16:30 PM

9. RE: Gay Hipster Fight
    Notice how the queen in the white shirt is kicking and hitting everybody when their back is turned.

Sad queen.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Sep 16, 2010 6:34:01 PM

10. Bakeley. Seriously??? Homophobic???
    It is what it is. Accept it.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Sep 16, 2010 6:36:14 PM

11. Thanks for calling out the Latinos, Rolph. Not sure it has shit to do with the video posted, but great that you were able to get that generalization in there.

Posted by: Raf | Sep 16, 2010 7:06:56 PM

12. Actually, not Akbar but very close, it's El Cid a Spanish nightclub that has weekly/monthly gay nights, which is just down the street from Akbar.

Posted by: scrufff | Sep 16, 2010 7:09:26 PM

13. I think that Andy was probably posting it because it is such a cliche. And as JakeinLove said, it is what it is.

I mean, I'm as BIG a fag as the next Towleroad reader, but those boys hit like schoolgirls.

And then, OF COURSE, it prompts spontaneous showtunes!

I love it.

Posted by: Black Bart | Sep 16, 2010 7:10:27 PM

14. RAF if you look at the guys fighting in the video, a good many are very young and Latino. If you read the post below yours. It's at a gay Spanish club.
    I go to pretty mainstream gay clubs in Weho. I can only speak about what I've seen. In the last month, I've witnessed 6 fights inside and at the doors of these clubs. All with very young Latino guys doin the fighting. I've witnessed same age Latino guys walk up to passerby on the strreet and just start pushing and yelling trying to start fights.

Certainly not all, but a certain young fraction with something to prove.

When I see other ethnic groups or people fighting. I'll
    be sure to let you know, but as of now, based on what I've been witnessing, I'll stick to my generalization.

Posted by: Rolph | Sep 16, 2010 9:32:00 PM

15. WOW! I love that NOH8 dance video! Those people did a really great job!

Posted by: Rio | Sep 16, 2010 11:25:25 PM

16. I am glad Andy posted it! I had a very long day and this just made me laugh! Thanks Andy!

Posted by: Anthony | Sep 17, 2010 12:07:41 AM

17. That was a fight? Christ...gay trash, straight trash, spot the similarities.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 17, 2010 12:24:29 AM

18. I hope none of the hipsters broke a nail.

Geez, that was embarrassing. (So, naturally, I'm sharing it with everyone.)

Posted by: Jeffrey | Sep 17, 2010 9:03:38 AM

19. Did the definition of hipster change when I wasn't looking?

There was nothing hip about any of the twelve year olds in that video.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Sep 17, 2010 10:30:09 AM

20. Love Archy & Mehitabel! And the Callisto video is amazing!

Posted by: Howard | Sep 17, 2010 11:33:18 AM