Anna Paquin | Baseball | Bill Maher | Crime | Gay Adoption | Halloween | Indonesia | Julianne Moore | Lady Gaga | Moscow | News | Ricky Martin | Stephen fry | Stephen Moyer | Taiwan | Volcanoes

BigGayDeal.com

News: Halloween, Domestic Violence, Glenn Burke, Ricky Martin

road Ricky Martin shifts into PR gear for his new book which hits shelves later this week. On Wednesday morning he'll make an appearance on The View but, most notably, his interview with Oprah Winfrey will air the day before.

Gaga  road Lady Gaga dresses up as a little monster for Halloween.

road Celebrities get in the Halloween spirit.

road Stephen Fry claims to know straight women: "I feel sorry for straight men. The only reason women will have sex with them is that sex is the price they are willing to pay for a relationship with a man, which is what they want. Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, 'Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!' But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?"

road Julianne Moore on gay parents: "I really think a two-parent family is the goal. I think whether they are men or women, or a man and a woman it's all pretty good."

road Hate crime: wig snatched off of Fargo drag performer JustNtyme's head after assailant calls him a "faggot."

road Courage Campaign mounts drive against Texas television station for its homophobic newscast about marriage equality.

road 1,000 protest gay pride in Moscow.

Volc  road Amazing photos of Mount Merapi erupting yesterday in Indonesia.

road 30,000 people in Taiwan celebrate gay pride.

road Is this really a time traveller walking in front of Grauman’s Chinese theater during the premiere of the Charlie Chaplin movie, “The Circus?”

road Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer's movie night.

road The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs releases report on LGBT domestic partner violence in the United States: "The report found that LGBTQ domestic/intimate partner violence reports rose 15% since 2008 and is a pervasive social problem at a time when LGBTQ-specific programs were losing staff or closing altogether due to the economic crisis. In 2009, NCAVP documented 6 murders related to LGBTQ domestic/intimate partner violence, representing a 50% rise since 2007."

road Watch the trailer for Out: The Glenn Burke Story, a documentary about the first openly gay MLB player.

road Zach Galifianakis smoked during a live taping of Real Time with Bill Maher - and I don't mean a cigarette.

Comments

1. Ricky Martin - CORRECTION:

Oprah Show - Tuesday, Nov 2

The View - Wednesday, Nov 3

New York Book Signing - Wednesday, Nov 3
    12:30 pm
    Borders
    Time Warner Center
    10 Columbus Circle

Posted by: Matt | Oct 31, 2010 5:53:28 PM

2. Regarding the Julianne Moore post... I appreciate everything she has done for equality, but I take issue with what she's saying. It doesn't matter if a child has one, two, three, eight, or only half a parent, as long as the child is in a safe, loving, nurturing environment. Some people are raised by a single mother or father; others are raised by their mother and two or more grandparents. What I'm saying is, it is just as stupid to get caught up in numbers as it is to get caught up in gender when talking about these issues.

Posted by: JC | Oct 31, 2010 6:41:16 PM

3. Happy halloween, everybody!

Posted by: TANK | Oct 31, 2010 7:00:37 PM

4. It must be hard enough doing drag in Fargo--but to have some yutz snatch your wig and insult you--not for doing a bad drag, but for your presumed sexuality....!

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Oct 31, 2010 7:53:13 PM

5. Not the ridiculous time traveller Chaplin video again.

She could be a schizophrenic chatting to a candy bar, explaining how it's about to be eaten during the movie; someone holding a cold compress to her cheek or ear because of a tooth or ear ache and commenting on how badly it pains; someone amusing themselves by holding a box of mexican jumping beans to their ear; or one of the hand held hearing aids of the era. Or it's nothing more than a dowdy, eccentric church lady praying into a common missalette. My grand dad carried one daily to pray with. It could be any number of plausible things.

Posted by: Timzilla | Oct 31, 2010 8:01:28 PM

6. I'm glad to know Oprah will be interviewing Ricki Martin this week. But before that, she's interviewing Ellen's wife Portia about "the secret that was killing me," tomorrow (Monday).

Posted by: gregv | Oct 31, 2010 8:32:13 PM

7. I have to believe that when time travel is finally perfected, the cell phone will be long gone. But it is a fun bit of video just the same.

Have you had a chance to admire my vulvtastic dinnerware?

JC

Posted by: Judy Chicago | Oct 31, 2010 9:36:58 PM

8. http://fablog.ehrensteinland.com/2010/10/31/fait-diver-scruffy/

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 31, 2010 10:06:09 PM

9. Out, the Glenn Burke story is powerful, and will be debuting at the Castro Theater on November 10th. It shows the true colorer of 2 MLB managers...Tommy Lasorta of the Dodgers, and Billy Martin, then of the Oakland A's. When Lasorta found OUT that his son was dating Burke, he had him traded to the A's. When his son came down with AIDS, he disowned him. When Burke arrived for the A's spring training, he was introduced to the team by Martin, ... who then added "He's also a fagot!" I have a cameo in the documentary. Glenn was a good guy, who made the mistake of hangging around with the wrong people. When he was with the A's, I was a photographer for a S.F. gay paper, and he asked me not to take pictures of him, and I respected his wishes. I played against him in the gay softbll league play-offs in 1982. I struck him out with a knuckler, and got him to hit a major league pop-up. I attend his funeral in Oakland back in 1995.

Posted by: jerry Pritikin | Oct 31, 2010 10:36:44 PM

10. Stephen Fry is profoundly sexist.

That is all.

Posted by: naughtylola | Nov 1, 2010 12:32:18 AM

11. That time travel is false...obviously... Any civilization which had mastered time travel (which I don't believe is nomically possibly, but michio kaku apparently disagrees) would be so advanced that it wouldn't make mistakes like that.

Anyway, I'm curious what would happen if the inventor of time travel travelled back in time and killed herself before she had invented time travel.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 1, 2010 1:31:53 AM

12. Fry is an expert on female sexuality? I've personally known girls and women who love sex as much as any guy. The dude's comments are laughable.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 1, 2010 8:32:27 AM