Roadside Attractions from the Colorado Tea Party

Billboard

A billboard in Grand Junction depicting Obama as a terrorist, a gangster, a Mexican bandit, and a gay man.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports:

"The billboard, erected along the I-70 Business Loop between 28 1/2 and 29 roads sometime Monday, depicts the four 'Obamas' sitting around a table with playing cards showing only sixes bunched in groups of three. Also on the table is a copy of the Declaration of Independence, a liberty bell, a toy soldier and a statue of Justice holding a balance. Beneath the Obama caricatures are numerous rats, some of which are labeled as the IRS, trial lawyers, the EPA and the Fed. Sitting above all that is a line, 'Vote DemocRAT. Join the game,' which is positioned between two vultures, one of which is labeled the U.N. and the other with the name Soros, a reference to George Soros, a major national Democratic financial supporter."

Comments

1. says

Here’s yet another opportunity to do some out of the box thinking and get something done … I’m sure there are gay and lesbian paintballers in Colorado; have them paintball the thing until it’s unreadable.

We gotta start thinking like them.

I’m all for some mass intimidation of Carl Paladino and his Orthodox Jewish friends, too.

I’m not gonna get married, I have all the rights and benefits I’ll need until I die and yet I’m still ready, willing and able to take it to the streets, for you, younger gay people, AND your friends.

Are you? Are you ready?

2. Rowan says

What is ironic is that they don’t realise the the gays hate Obama just as much! I wonder what all those Dem haters on Towle think about that huh?

They HATE you.

3. Terry says

Um….bullet holes in the walls? I think the Secret Service might be interested in this.

This crap has gone way, way too far. A lot of people hated George W. Bush, but that hatred didn’t go nearly as far as the hatred towards Obama.

4. Zlick says

Idiots know nothing about graphic design. That’s way too busy for a billboard. Maybe even for a magazine ad, but most certainly not something that can be grasped rolling by at 40 mph or higher. Heheh, that’s not to address the retarded content, but parody is fun in many forms. Just one question though – how is the Obama on the far right supposed to be a gay Obama?

5. says

Rowan? What’s a Dem “hater”? When the President promises something and delivers the exact opposite, what should you do? When the President asks that you challenge him and put pressure on him, what should you do? Apparently if you’re Rowan, you just lie back and take it.

The Republicans hate ANYONE that has a ‘D’ after their name and do what you do: follow their dear leader without asking a single question.

6. JNJ says

I agree Rowan, I’m no longer drinking the kool-aid either. I have rallied and fought for my rights with this administration but now it’s clear – nothing will happen. To think I gave up tax dollars for a fierce advocate of human rights. Boy was I duped. I’m voting Republican… I wonder if they’ll give me a refund.

7. jakeinlove says

and for all of you still bitching about what hasn’t been delivered to you as promised. Stop sound like an entitled ingrate. He didn’t give you a due date. In fact, he mentioned SEVERAL times that we might not get things done in 4 years. In case you havne’t noticed, it’s only been 2.

If you can’t stand this admin., why don’t you just become a log cabin republican and see how much further you get pushed into the caboose.

8. Scott says

Yea, gays, but keep railing against Valerie Jarrett! The Republican Tea Party will be MUCH better. No, seriously… I can’t WAIT to see what they have in store for us — it’s sure to be better, right?

…. Right?

9. TANK says

I hate most conservatives. What do you expect from these people, though? They’re too stupid to know any better…it’s an endless cycle of stupid people having more stupid people…

10. mad1026 says

@Joe B=Agreed! I’ll be 62 this month and I’ve been out for 50 years; yeah, I knew I was gay even then. I am willing to do whatever it takes to guarantee equal rights for gays. My partner is 20 years younger than I and doesn’t understand why I am so emotional about equality. All I ever wanted was to be like other people, married to the person I loved, living the American Dream. C’mon people, we’ve got to work together to get it done!

11. Rowan says

Woooah, the RIGHT hate you. Us.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t fight, in fact all I do is fight but I’m saying that the fact that the warped gays in America would rather a disgusting xenophobic, homophobic party in power because we didn’t get DADT or DOMA is INSANE.

I think he messed up not on gay issues-I’ve had friends say who cares-but on how he has communicated his opinions and feelings….like Carter.

Obama’s mistake was trying to be reasonable with unreasonable people. He was arrogant like Carter that people genuinely wanted peace…or long term effect.

Nope.

And this is why the right will keep on winning and winning and gay rights etc will be a thing of the past.

If any of you are genuinely interested in facts and truth, check out the guardian.co.uk site about the future of the left..

12. says

“Could the poster please provide some ACTUAL PROOF this is associated in any way at all with the tea party?”

Um, the artist is a big tea party supporter. It’s right in the article. Who do you think is funding it? The Democrats?

“To think I gave up tax dollars for a fierce advocate of human rights.”

You haven’t given up any tax dollars and won’t unless you’re earning in the top 2% of Americans. Are you? Who’s being duped by the Republicans?

13. mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com says

perfect opportunity to compare brains via
    comparing billboards/posters

This busy /overstuffed with a thousand contradictory different conspiracy theories amateurish repub crap

It also smacks a bit of anti-semitic bs with the sorros vultures beak being more exaggerated/curved

vs

the simple and iconic image of a fanged bush sucking the blood out of the statue of liberty

Liberal minds are much more organized, orderly, etc

14. Johnny says

you guys remember when George Bush was president and everyone talked about how we’re obligated to respect and stand behind our president?
    whatever happened to that?

15. GraphicJack says

As reprehensible as this billboard is (and as offensive to the eye of a graphic designer, too) one small part of me does take some joy in this… that homophobia is linked with blatant racism. Maybe those fools who say that being gay isn’t like being any other visible or religious minority can STFU already… guess what? We all face the same prejudice, people.

And @Johnny…. brilliant comment. Those fuckers who wanted everyone to respect the Shrub are the first ones putting up signs like these… hypocrites!

16. nic says

this kinda shit does not surprise me at all. earlier this year, i took a road trip to south carolina to visit my younger brother and his wife. he is of mexican decscent, she is white. he has been asked stupid questions. one of which was, “when did your family swim across? his response, “we were already here.” nevertheless, i saw confederate flags and anti-gay and anti-obama billboards dotting the landscape from texas to there. here’s the thing, bigots have no safe haven attacking jews or blacks. their last refuge is demonizing mexicans and faggots. good luck with that.