Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide To The Tube #743

MISTY: Rahm Emanuel got a bit teary during his White House farewell speech today.

JUST SAFETY: Flight attendants use Lady Gaga to pep up stale safety instructions.

FAMILY?: Seth MacFarlane and Rush Limbaugh discuss the radio host's upcoming appearance on Family Guy.

WOODY: Let's all enjoy a scene from the satirical series Soap, on which Billy Crystal played gay.

For more Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. On Emmanuel: Good Riddance.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Oct 1, 2010 5:37:55 PM

2. Rahm Emmanuel: Crocodile tears!

Posted by: Spotlight on Evil | Oct 1, 2010 7:22:04 PM

3. You can take the boy out of the dance hall, but not the ballerina out of the boy.

Posted by: Vegemite | Oct 1, 2010 8:13:42 PM

4. "My father came here for a better life" cries Rahm, who saved up his patriotism for another state, in which "field of glory" he served.

Posted by: Vegemite | Oct 1, 2010 8:17:16 PM

5. I bet more people paid attention to the emergency instructions than the norm on that Cebu flight. They should fly to Vegas!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Oct 2, 2010 3:08:20 AM

6. If I was on that flight I would have asked to get off. Flight safety is important, not something to be made "entertaining" by these flaky flight attendants.

Posted by: Petef1 | Oct 2, 2010 7:38:42 AM

7. @ petef : don't you think they made the presentation more watchable than the old boring presentation that nobody watches anymore during flights?

i bet you're so OLD and GRUMPY

Posted by: jek | Oct 2, 2010 11:14:45 AM

8. Thank you for posting the "Soap" clip; hysterical, even 30 years later! It was nice to hear a LIVE studio audience going nuts over the action.

It made me stop and think about this years crop of crap... er... television. I have tried to watch comedies today. I like "Modern Family", and am finding "Raising Hope" to be pretty funny, but as for the rest... the canned laughter punching up scripts that are just... not... funny and makes watching just painful. "Hot in Cleveland", "The Middle" and "Cougar Town" are pitiful.

Sad to say, "Glee" just does not have it this season, either. I am finding myself more irritated with the characters than enthralled. Last season, the shows left me feeling enlightened, this season... angry. Oh well. I'll give it a few more weeks, then decide if I will un-program it from the Tivo.

Posted by: Rad | Oct 2, 2010 11:59:26 AM