Bullying | Facebook | Kathleen Sebelius | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #767: It Gets Better Edition

Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, gay seniors, Facebook employees, and Men Alive, the Orange County Gay Men's Chorus, are among the latest to lend their voices to the "It Gets Better" project.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. A few employees at LinkedIn have also add their voices to the project. http://lnk.in/itgetsbetter

Posted by: Kevin | Oct 29, 2010 2:16:01 PM

2. The Sebelius It's Get Better video is depressing. She seems so bored, so uninterested in her message. So utterly lacking in passion. She really, really seems not to care and to be making this video just because she has to. If she had a suffering LGBT kid in front of her, would she talk like this?

Posted by: Vector Shente | Oct 29, 2010 2:55:24 PM

3. This "It Gets Better" thing is starting to get on my nerves. People who have no business doing so are using it as a way to seem sympathetic without doing anything. And, it does not get better. You have to deal with the same shit every day unless you put yourself in a really isolated situation or you become a burned-out, cynical, sarcastic mess. Yeah. I know.

I weep for these kids who are suffering, but it does not get better.

Posted by: really | Oct 29, 2010 3:51:35 PM

4. Aw. I was hoping the LGBT seniors, at least, would warrant some positive feedback. (Full disclosure - I volunteer at the weekly lunch where the elders video was filmed, with those folks, and I suggested the video to towleroad.)

Posted by: TonyG | Oct 29, 2010 5:25:59 PM

5. @Really, I'm sorry things have not gotten better for you, but you need to understand that it has gotten a lot better for many of us.

@Tonyg, personally I was happy to see the seniors. We'll all be there someday, and it was great to see them contented with their lives.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Oct 29, 2010 6:43:29 PM

6. "We are the world" .... I mean, "Hands across America" ... er, I mean, "It gets better ..."

Posted by: Sheeple | Oct 29, 2010 7:55:48 PM

7. @tonyg: I'm with you there. They were my faves. I'm 50 and therefore closer to them than I am to kids in their 20s, and it was great to see them.

Posted by: freddie | Oct 30, 2010 7:42:53 PM