Bullying | Fort Worth | Joel Burns | News

Watch: Fort Worth City Councilman Joel Burns and Husband J.D. Angle on 'The Last Word'

Angle_burns

Fort Worth City Councilman Joel Burns and his husband J.D. Angle appeared on The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell to talk about Burns' viral speech about bullying. Angle says he didn't know that Joel had even written the speech till just before he delivered it. Angle also says that he hadn't heard Joel's bullying story in 17 years of marriage.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It's a miracle that an ultimately positive message floats above all of the hatred that is bandied about in the world. I wonder how many lives Joel has saved because of this. Truly heartwarming, it is such a shame that we, as a community, have haven't had these opportunities before.

This is a case of doing the right thing, was indeed the right thing to do. Humbled.

Posted by: Henry | Oct 21, 2010 8:23:04 AM

2. So fucking hot. Both of 'em.

Posted by: Yeek | Oct 21, 2010 8:56:18 AM

3. what a beautiful couple.

Posted by: nic | Oct 21, 2010 9:46:06 AM

4. More Joels and J.D.s; Less Reichens, Solomoneses, Perez Hiltons and the like.

I'm so glad to have these wonderful, courageous men front and center fighting for justice, awareness and fairness.

These guys are Focus on the Family's, Family Research Council's, American Family Association's and National Organization for Marriage's WORST nightmare.

These guys would make GREAT dads!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 21, 2010 10:00:52 AM

5. Oh, and thank you to Mr. O'Donnell and The Last Word for showing proper respect to these men and their relationship.

The purple background, in honor of Spirit Day, was a nice touch as well.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 21, 2010 10:03:49 AM

6. Gays like them should be on a real "The A-List" type of show...Not the superficial, "Better than you", bad stereotypical gays from the show on Logo

Posted by: Chris in Irvine | Oct 21, 2010 11:39:15 AM

7. Wow! What an inspiration, huh? I know if I was 12 years old again and fearful of my gay secret just seeing these two guys talk about their love for one another, 17 years of happiness, and their spirit to be who they are, I'd be lifted out of any depression.

Yes. They would make great Dads and I hope and wish they do decide to have a couple of kids. It just makes me feel so good to be a part of such a great gay community!

Posted by: OS2Guy | Oct 21, 2010 1:12:59 PM

8. Choke on that, Maggie Gallagher.

Posted by: Tre Gibbs | Oct 21, 2010 3:19:12 PM

9. TampaZeke thanks for those comments. I agree that Joel and JD make a great couple and would be great parents if that entered their lives. After watching one episode of "The A-List" I felt we had dredge up the bottom feeders in the gay pool. It's a real shame that's portrayed as any indication of our culture. Joel and JD definitely rank at the top of my list of role models, always have and always will.

Posted by: RBearSAT | Oct 21, 2010 8:10:26 PM