50 Cent | News | Zachary Quinto

BigGayDeal.com

Zachary Quinto Takes On 50 Cent

Quintotweet

Rapper 50 Cent attempted to clear up confusion over his ambiguously anti-gay tweet earlier today. His efforts may not have been successful, for actor and gay activist Zachary Quinto just send out a message taking on the musician's "hate."

Hat tip to reader KC!

Comments

1. Awesome! Zach is such a beautiful person inside and out.

Posted by: JJ | Oct 1, 2010 5:18:17 PM

2. Boy George also went after "Fifty Pence" as he calls him on twitter overnight. If only the backlash would do any good.

Posted by: Nick | Oct 1, 2010 5:38:10 PM

3. 50c got mentioned on a bunch of blogs. Mission accomplished for a narcissistic child-man.

Posted by: Tone | Oct 1, 2010 5:43:04 PM

4. My favorite part of 50Cent clarification is where he goes on about how the press took it out of context and nobody mentioned that he clearly said LOL after the line.

Which...I mean...that doesn't really help. Like, at all.

Posted by: zac | Oct 1, 2010 5:54:31 PM

5. Zachary, from one Zachary to another: put your money where your mouth is. I expect to see your "It gets better" video ASAP.

Posted by: wtf | Oct 1, 2010 5:56:46 PM

6. Homopobes don't even deserve anybodies time cause they are either A) Gay themselves or B) Hate filled people with bitter souls.

Posted by: Haha | Oct 1, 2010 6:07:21 PM

7. As much as I love Quinto and I know 50 Cent is a bad example for humanity, I don't think his latest Tweet was homophobic.

Why? Because it specifically mentions those *over* 25 and also mentions the specific act of cunnilingus. I can't help but read it as this guy suggesting that grown men (over the 25) who aren't willing to orally please their women should go off themselves. I got the impression he was wanting the women of the world to have a better class of carpet-munching men.

I mean, if he was targeting gays - and ALL of them at that - why put an age restriction in there? What, are gays under 25 okay?

Of course, if 50 Cent didn't have a history of homophobic remarks, this one incident would be dead and buried by now...

Posted by: TommyOC | Oct 1, 2010 6:08:35 PM

8. You know what would truly make the world a better place? If people like Zachary Quinto would come out of the closet instead of hiding behind the role of ambiguously straight "gay activist."

Posted by: Graham | Oct 1, 2010 8:12:06 PM

9. Because maybe he just likes sleeping with gays under the age of 25.....oh yeah,LOL, not! He's an ass.

Posted by: joey | Oct 1, 2010 8:16:59 PM

10. I don't know, maybe it's OK for people to live, even if they DON'T like oral sex. Whether they're gay OR straight. Call me crazy!

Posted by: Dagoril | Oct 1, 2010 8:28:13 PM

11. Sorry for dissenting from conventional wisdom here, but I thought it was pretty clear what 50Cent was getting at. He was talking specifically about het guys who won't lick bush and *particularly* addressing the black male population who have a reputation for refusing to go "downtown", as the kids call it these days. CW is that black dudes don't go down. 50 was calling them out. The end.

Posted by: naughtylola | Oct 1, 2010 9:21:02 PM

12. Graham I was going to say wasn't he (50) on your gay arse show recently? Is this all just a big misunderstanding? It just seems like afterwards 50 may really have been talking about a blow job joke...i.e. if he meant something about the gays he woulda said something about them...I dunno...

Posted by: Patrick | Oct 1, 2010 9:59:01 PM

13. There's no money in hope.

Posted by: TomTallis | Oct 2, 2010 12:01:44 AM

14. Hmmm, I think this is how most religions got their start.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 2, 2010 12:16:58 AM

15. 50 cents is useless piece of gutter crap and his time has so since passed. we need more anderson coopers ,
    ellen's zachary quinto's to stand to the overinflated bags of air who preach this kind of hate. i was never one to push people out of the closet. but these kids have to see some hope. good luck to dab savages project hope it helps

Posted by: walter | Oct 2, 2010 1:05:35 AM

16. everyone who can make it should attend the anti-bullying rally on Sunday at 900 at Washington square park make then see that the time for bullying is over and let the kids know there is hope for s better life

Posted by: walter | Oct 2, 2010 1:47:56 AM

17. Regardless of whether the comment was directed at gay men (which it was!) or blacks who won't go down on a woman, suggesting that a group of people, or anyone for that matter, kill themselves is reprehensible, and following it with "LOL" doesn't make it any less so. He is a disgusting human being, and I use the term human being very loosely here.

Posted by: karl_with_a_k | Oct 2, 2010 2:31:16 AM

18. @graham

You said it Graham. We can take down folks like 50 all we want, but the real damages is done by guys like Quinto and Cooper whose endless closetedness sends the worst kind of message to vulnerable teens -- that despite their money, fame, success and (to borrow from Quinto himself) privilege, living a life of openness and honesty will never be possible.

You wanna keep conflicted kids from hurting themselves Quino and Cooper -- then come out and tell them how you managed to survive.

Until they, this "community" has no real use for you.

Posted by: David Kaufman | Oct 2, 2010 10:45:56 AM

19. Aagh, this whole thing is ridiculous and over-inflated like 50 cents ego. I wish people would stop reading snippets and screaming accusations. I guess the FOX news/Shirley Sherrod style of reporting is the new standard :/

Posted by: Toto | Oct 2, 2010 10:49:45 AM

20. @ Toto

Funny...I don't think it's over inflated! Me, my husband and 4 friends were attacked last night in CHELSEA by a bunch of thugs (presumably fans of 50 cent) simply because we hugged each other good night as we were heading our seperate ways after dinner. I have a broken nose and our friend has stiches in his head. We're just thankful the gunshots didn't hit any of us. Ridiculous? Over inflated? I think not!
    EGC

Posted by: GC | Oct 2, 2010 11:50:06 AM

21. I wonder if they ever caught whoever murdered that kid in Toronto? ugh..

Posted by: Otto | Oct 2, 2010 12:37:22 PM

22. Lets see:

1) The government, after prodding from academic do-gooders, creates an elaborate wefare system, where mommy can get all kinds of goodies, but....she must be unmarried, and daddy can't be hanging around.....CHECK!

2) The government, after prodding from academic do-gooders, builds massive punblic housing projects / ghettos...where you can get DIRT CHEAP housing if...you're 'poor', or manage to lie and cheat and pretend you're poor. Extra points if you're an unmarried mommy with kids.....CHECK!

3) large NUMBERS of disproportionately minorities go along with this scheme...more and more kids are born into 'poor' households with a mommy incapable of properly caring for and raising kids, while daddy is not a main player in raising his kids.....CHECK!

4) Kids grow up angry, out of control, and are educated in a system that tells them they're victims going back 500 years....CHECK!

5) Said kids are correspondingly raised in a home / ghetto environment full of violence, ignorance, hate and where gender roles demand males behave like savages lest anyone think they're weak and girlish......CHECK!

6) As the music industry business model started to fall apart with the advent of internet downloads and other technological advancements, a 'music' genre is created to both exploit such kids (and adults) and replace revenue lost from the general population with a demographic less able to exploit (at least for a long time at the beginning of the internet revolution) technological advances.......CHECK!

7) Said music genre actually encourages further dysfunctional behavior, thereby feeding itself and The System......CHECK!

I think I covered everything.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 2, 2010 1:41:19 PM

23. @RATBASTARD You are a major serious ignorant asshole. But, you probably already knew this. A suggestion? STFU!

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 2, 2010 2:28:17 PM

24. FU Jamal

You telling me with a fucking straight face there's no problem with rap and violence? Really? There's no serious problem with violence involving black urban neighborhoods, especially housing projects? Are you shitting me, boss? You telling me African Americans having an out of wedlock, children raised in single parent (READ: no daddy) families rate at 70 plus % (some places 85-90%!) and disproportionately reliant on social services isn't a problem?

Get the fuck outta town,Jamal.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 2, 2010 2:37:19 PM

25. GC

Its infuriating that anyone would attack someone for just being gay and I'm glad you and your friends weren't killed. My point was that even though 50 cent is a homophobe this latest tweet is what is getting attention and it was only presented in a snippet that is not in a homophobic context. Now 50 might not be a genius or even of middle school intelligence but I don't understand why if this was an "anti-gay attack" he would put the limitations of the age of 25 and include men who don't perform cunnilingus (which includes gay AND straight men). This is what I got from my first read of the tweet and affirmed from the stream of tweets it was part of. It just makes news sources look ridiculous and amateur to not include direct links, surrounding comments and adding over-dramatic headlines in order whip people into a comment frenzy. Its something that Fox news does, not people with common sense.

Posted by: Toto | Oct 2, 2010 4:08:38 PM