Chris Colfer | Darren Criss | Glee | News

BigGayDeal.com

Glee Preview: Darren Criss and Chris Colfer Sing 'Hey Soul Sister'

Criss_colfer

From the looks of it, Kurt Hummel has defected to The Warblers in this new preview from next week's Glee.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Kurt will be back. Something will happen that will drive him back to the fold. I'm guessing his interest in Darren isn't reciprocated.

Or that the his parents just can't swing the costs, and he has to come back. (My hope is that he grows some balls, or a sense of guilt, and doen't use up his parent's hard saved honeymoon money.)

Posted by: Frozen North | Nov 24, 2010 12:47:13 PM

2. GLEE succeeds when it doesn't build a show around a "star" and feels obligated to put in musical numbers that do not advance the story or character. What GLEE does best is tells a story through music, and Ryan Murphy is brilliant at it when he stays away from "The Britney" episode, etc. Last night was a great example of what they do best that and the wedding was joyous. (It's interesting...the ONLY character that has a story this year is Kurt. No other character has a story at all, Mr. Shue barely does.)

Darren Criss is a phenom, and they were smart to put him under contract quickly and make him a regular. It's one thing to be that good looking, it's another all together to be that good looking and that talented. I wish I could buy stock in that kid. I've heard him speak, and he's even more adorable being himself. He and Coach Beiste are great additions to that show.

And Patrick NYC, yes there was GLEE 20 years ago, it was called FAME.

Posted by: BartB | Nov 24, 2010 12:48:34 PM

3. Jeez, as observed by this professed "Gleek", from some of the above comments, you'd think some posters actually hate "Glee" -- this season or in total! It's only a TV show, after all, but one with heart, interesting and unexpected story lines (usually not seen on free TV), a cute mix of ensemble actors, and usually interesting song-and-dance interpretations of many types of songs. I love everything from the show tunes to the contemporary hits to those from the great American songbook. "Glee" is one of the rare shows on over-the-air TV I both watch and tape regularly. It brings a lot of joy to my Tuesday evenings (and during later replays). Thank you, Ryan Murphy and associates, for bringing America such an enjoyable yet daring TV show. I actually enjoy posters guessing where the storylines will go next week, next month and next year.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 24, 2010 12:58:54 PM

4. Loved it. I'm so happy I started watching this show from the beginning because I would be missing out on good stuff if I hadn't.

Posted by: Drew | Nov 24, 2010 1:36:35 PM

5. James in Toronto:

Totally agree with you on Darren Criss....his subtle gestures, his quick but expressive facial expressions in the midst of awesome voice, dance and acting skills really make him stand out. Its not wonder GLEE is back on top in the last two episodes since he's been involved.

He was a year ahead of my eldest son at St. Ignatius prep in SF and I recall seeing him in a few of their productions...he showed the same talent for expression and subtle movement a few years ago, and it's exploding now...great to seee it happen to a great kid.

Posted by: TOM | Nov 24, 2010 2:28:46 PM

6. UGH. Somebody please find Ryan Murphy another job. He is one of the most over-rated, untalented people working in the business today. And he's pretty odious in person as well.

Posted by: Jimmy | Nov 24, 2010 2:40:24 PM

7. I love that show and think it just keeps getting better. Yeah, there were some pacing problems in last nights episode, but overall it was still a moving experience.

I do wish you GLEE haters would just avoid these discussions. If you really don't like it, why do you know so much about it?

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 24, 2010 2:40:58 PM

8. Until they stop pushing Mercedes into one-liner oblivion and actually give her character the respect it deserves as an EQUAL member of an ENSEMBLE cast, this show can kiss my ass.

Posted by: Q | Nov 24, 2010 3:27:21 PM

9. The great thing about the kids in Glee is the individuality and the range of each of them. In this scene, Kurt appears to be having an issue with the polished choreography and the uniforms. I suspect he'll come to miss the freedom of his old Glee club and his friends there. He'll return, and bring Darren Criss with him (since Darren just signed a 2 year deal.)

Posted by: Rolph | Nov 24, 2010 4:14:39 PM

10. Glee has morphed into the most insipid trash on tv. the storylines are pathetic and the gay crap is just insulting. How can any intelligent individual enjoy this banal crap?

Posted by: Kevin Thor | Nov 24, 2010 4:24:19 PM

11. Kevin Thor, ones needs a little twisted sense of innocence to enjoy Glee, like a 'nice' version of Strangers With Candy. A lot of people aren't into it, or else it would having even higher rating. To alot of people it is either pushes too many buttons or not enough. Don't watch it if you don't like it, but sometimes learning to appreciate differences makes your own that much better.

Someone's trash is another person's treasure.. maybe that could be the theme of an episode!!?!??

Posted by: stevetalbert | Nov 24, 2010 4:41:44 PM

12. Darren Criss is one of my favorite actors, and I hope we continue to see him on Glee ;-) He has that special something that makes him interesting and fun. I'm so glad they chose him for this storyline. And I like his EP (Human) on i-tunes too.

Posted by: GleeGuy | Nov 24, 2010 4:53:11 PM

13. I agree that the first few episodes of this season of Glee wasn't up to last season's standards... but to suggest the rest haven't been is really just very silly.

Here's just a few ways in which it's better:

1. They've focused on more characters this season -- not just Rachel and Finn (thankfully).

2. They took the Kurt story to new heights and I didn't think that would be possible.

3. They actually gave all their characters on the show at least some kind of part this season, unlike last (ie the two dancers).

4. It would be really easy to completely ruin the Sue character by just making her a complete meanie, but they continue to give her redeeming qualities that keep her interesting.

5. The "guest stars" this season have all been pretty good, IMO, including (but not limited to) Gwyneth Paltrow, John Stamos, Carol Burnett, etc. While I haven't enjoyed all the "themed" episodes (ie the Madonna episodes), I've really enjoyed a lot of the episodes with these guests... and their often very eccentric characters (Kristen Chenowith being the best).

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 24, 2010 5:18:59 PM

14. Brilliant. Darren Criss is an amazing talent. I wonder if the background vocals were again that singing group from Tufts as they were in the "Teenage Dream" rendition.

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 24, 2010 5:31:49 PM

15. Chris ain't going anywhere!...no Glee club without him....TERI HATCHER leaving HW...who cares...but we care if Chris leaves Glee....not leaving AND I MISSED IT>>OMG!!!..get me to the ER!!!

and it is the ONLY TV show I look at..I'll get it...don't no one worry about Tony!!

Cheers....
    Tony(NYC)

Posted by: tonyc | Nov 24, 2010 5:51:55 PM

16. JUST watched it!...and the show did NOT CARE "whose toes they stepped on" when these issues(bullying...."gonna KILL YOU") came up, especially SUE stepping in...that was VERY unusual but I am SURE she wanted to do that part...I did LOVE the wedding, very cool but also taken from a wedding I saw 2-3 years ago on YouTube..that's the ONLY place I see weddings! GREAT EPISODE!

Cheers...
    Tony(NYC)

Posted by: tonyc | Nov 24, 2010 7:26:52 PM

17. too gay.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 24, 2010 7:32:01 PM

18. Darren Chris reminds me of a young gay Gene Kelly. And that, friends is simply sublime!

I get the feeling that the arc might go: "Kurt becomes unhappy because as the leader of the warblers, Darren's character gets all the spot light."

He might be a gay character, but there's no reason that he can't be a Male version of Rachel. And from Kurt;s seemingly blasse attitude during the song, plus Rachel telling him to Smile AND Mohawk's anger, might be a clue!

Now what a deliciously wonderful Plot surprise that would be!

Signed, a 50 year old gleek.

Happy thanksgiving all

Posted by: New Jersey Boi | Nov 24, 2010 9:17:59 PM

19. but luv it!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 24, 2010 9:33:36 PM

20. Kurt looks one level up from a down syndrome child. Fugly.

Posted by: Roger | Nov 24, 2010 11:13:41 PM

21. I couldn't help but think that NaughtyLola's prediction was going to come true when I saw the boys in the principal's office with their dads. But we never know where the story will go next, and lately I've been falling off my couch at the unexpected twiists.
    I thought Sue marrying herself was an unneeded and too unreal tangent last night, but loved seeing Carol Burnett.
    Actually not seeing Darren Criss last night was kind of good, because it builds the anticipation for when he reappears. I know next week it will be exciting to see him again.
    And I have to agree with Ryan above: Kristin Chenoweth left me speechless playing April Rhodes. I pressed pause and rewind over and over when she was on the "Home" episode.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 24, 2010 11:15:53 PM

22. Sue's charachter is "one in a million"...that wedding dress she had on , had me roaring lauging...she's never out of that coach outfit!

Cheers...
    Tony(NYC)

Posted by: tonyc | Nov 25, 2010 12:49:31 AM

23. The bullying storyline is, indeed, interesting. I'm curious to see where they go with it considering the not-so-subtle commentary on the public education system's inability to manage or even protect students without specific legal and actionable cause to show bullying.

I wonder how many times each year students specifically leave their school because of bullying - even if it's perceived.

Posted by: SeattleNick | Nov 25, 2010 1:53:55 AM

24. I have to say that the last episode really scared me. Having the Bully kicked out of school and Kurt showing such genuine fear of reprisal gave me a bad vibe. Especially with 99% of the episode being all heart warming and happy...I thought for sure it would end with the Bully hurting Kurt. Even though it didn't happen, I do still fear it. And I think that if the writers go there, I'm going to be very disappointed.

It would suck to turn the Bully into a psychopath. While it's true, self loathing can totally fuck with your head, it won't be pretty to see it happen. And all this hatred toward the Bully is so wrong. No one realizes the kid is just hating himself and lashing out. He needs help...not physical abuse like he's getting.

Posted by: Pedigru | Nov 25, 2010 2:02:32 AM

25. The heart's probably in the right place but it's very heavy-handed. No subtlety whatsoever. And they wasted a guesting of Carol Burnett.

Posted by: Glenn | Nov 25, 2010 2:59:27 AM