Barack Obama | Barbara Walters | News | Sarah Palin

Watch: Sarah Palin Tells Barbara Walters She's Considering Presidential Run and Believes She Can Beat Obama

Palin

Sarah Palin tells Barbara Walters in a Nightline interview (airing December 9 — they're already teasing it) that she's considering a Presidential run.

Says Palin: ""I'm looking at the lay of the land now, and ... trying to figure that out, if it's a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it's a good thing."

Asked if she could beat Obama: "I believe so."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Bristol Palin "sort of" apologized for her sister Willow's use of the word "faggot" on Facebook. Willow has deleted her account.

Comments

1. Ha ha ha. Ho ho ho. Quitter Palin believes a lot of things - many of them completely untrue. Ha ha ha. Buh bye Quitter.

Posted by: van | Nov 17, 2010 10:32:53 PM

2. I know this is un_PC and will likely offend people I like--but Sarah Palin LOOKS crazed.
    I used to deal with certified deranged and damaged people sometimes at work. they had the same false vivacity, and a look in their eyes that's hard to describe, but one that I see in the shove-the governorship Mama Bear's eyes.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Nov 17, 2010 10:56:11 PM

3. @Como'mo "and will likely offend people I like..."

What does this mean? Do you run with a Pro-Palin crowd? I'm just curious...Do tell...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Nov 17, 2010 11:03:18 PM

4. Palin would make someone like Mitt Romney look like a moderate, disguising his cultish connections.

Iowa's move to the right just weeks ago might give her some traction. There were plenty of freak shows when the Judge Bus toured, though the total turnout wasn't great at any stop. Three SupCt Justices were thrown out because they'd voted to uphold SSM, which the yahoos turned into underwriting the End Of (Christian)Civilization As We Know It. Iowans are normally more reasonable, progressive conservatives, but they invited the viper into the corn crib and it won't go away soon.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Nov 17, 2010 11:04:53 PM

5. @Ryan: you're obviously correct on how the primary cycle works, but the GOP (along with the Dems, though less consistently or effectively) have many backroom ways of getting what they want, and they know that she has little chance of getting elected. Of course, as you point out, the US has elected plenty of idiots before. I'd love to see a few debates between her and Obama or Hillary, though again---the average voter seems to consider ignorance a virtue.

I doubt she even wants to be president. She clearly cares most about money and isn't fit to govern anything. Not to mention the myriad black marks on her professional and personal record.

People are rightfully frustrated with Obama and the economy, and the president is always held accountable for the economy because most people lack even basic understanding of economics. But I doubt most moderates (to say nothing of liberals) believe that Palin could do a damn thing to improve the economy. If by chance she does get elected, I'll most certainly move abroad.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 18, 2010 12:25:01 AM

6. DELUSIONAL BITCH...........

Posted by: shannon | Nov 18, 2010 12:49:38 AM

7. I'd much rather be called a faggot than be called a Palin.

Posted by: candide | Nov 18, 2010 12:56:33 AM

8. PALIN-BACHMAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!

(please, please, please)

Posted by: txstevo | Nov 18, 2010 1:59:48 AM

9. I'm still betting that Newt Gingrich will run against Obama in 2012. It wouldn't be nearly as bad as Sarah Palin, but he'd still be terrible for us in terms of civil rights.

Posted by: damien | Nov 18, 2010 2:05:56 AM

10. I hope she runs. And there is a very sick and evil part of me that hopes she wins. What a cluster fuck that would be.

Posted by: Hamp | Nov 18, 2010 3:42:26 AM

11. wow this woman can really inspire hate among those who calim to be against hate!

Posted by: m | Nov 18, 2010 7:41:03 AM

12. M - I "calim" to be against hate, and don't see any hate here except from you. Palin is a moron, a quitter, a delusional bitch, and everything else she was called here. She brings the criticism on herself. It's not hating. It's a fact.

We'll deal with your self righteousness another time.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Nov 18, 2010 7:58:36 AM

13. This is a PR stunt.

Her viewership/readership is down (or not what she'd hoped), so, think: how can she get more attention and viewers?

Answer: Announce a "possible" run for POTUS. It's nothing more than a brilliant PR move with no real consequences. You gotta hand it to her, she really knows how to manipulate the media to her best advantage. In about a month or so, she'll let the media know that she's changed her mind. Anyway, the POTUS office doesn't pay what she's making now as a TV star.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 18, 2010 8:44:58 AM

14. If she runs I believe she would win. The end is near.

Posted by: Drew | Nov 18, 2010 9:14:44 AM

15. I have to agree if she runs she has a good chance of getting the GOP nomination, but that is why Politico was given the 'leak' that Rove and the party 'king makers' say they will take her down. They not only know all her dirt, they will use it. If she gets the nomination she'd have to stop all her money making, but more important she'd have to release all her medical records.

This will never happen. While the right calls it conspiracy slander, there are many reports that Trig is Bristol's child, not Sarah's. It also would explain Palin backing off Levi when he said he had dirt on her, I'm sure Bristol told him everything, girls just love to talk to their boyfriends.

If Palin does somehow fool enough of the brain dead to elect her, look out for the Four Horsemen, the end is not near, it's here.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 18, 2010 10:18:08 AM

16. Caribou Barbie has no real interest in the presidency or public policy. But she knows what's she's doing -- stirring the pot... and enriching herself nicely. The media comes calling, giving her a veil of credibility that only allows her to charge more for speaking appearances.

Posted by: JTlvr | Nov 18, 2010 10:27:36 AM

17. If Palin becomes POTUS, I'm moving to Canada. Although they have good hunting up there...she may follow. Then I'll go to France. I don't think Republicans like France.

Posted by: daws | Nov 18, 2010 9:21:40 PM

18. I don't know what I can't stand more - her lying or the stupid people who believe her lies.

Posted by: Esteban | Nov 23, 2010 11:25:12 AM

19. The bitch is selling a book. By teasing the possibility of a Presidential run, she sells more books thus making herself richer (you know, she's just a housewife. Ask her.)

I used to feel sort of sorry for Sarah Palin and the entire Palin family in general. Because they weren't very intelligent, actually I refer to them as anti-intelligent. But I have come to loathe her insincerity and the aggressive manner in which she plays a 'poor me' victim. It's one thing to be stupid, it's another to be an ugly "I got mine" American. Having money or position doesn't make you intelligent nor does it remove you from the catagory of white trash. It actually holds a giant mirror up to those traits so everyone can see them. Some people in this country think it's okay to be stupid and opinionated, like the aunt they hate to be around at Christmas. I don't. Sarah Palin is exhausting in her stupidity and arrogance because she really truly thinks she's right. Facts be damned. And deep down she's scared and angry so she behaves like a woman scorned by a guy who is now dating someone better. We as a country have to stop accepting mediocre people to represent us. Accepting someone like Palin is even a step below mediocre.

Posted by: BartB | Nov 23, 2010 11:41:47 AM