News | Target

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Black Friday Stampede at Target

Target

Greed turns to terror in Buffalo, NY. You knew this clip was coming, and it certainly may not be the only place it happened last night..

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Dali,

I actually kinda figured you were Canadian due to your typical Canadian smugness and gratuitous anti-Americanism, not just disapproval of U.S. government policies, but a smug, arrogant dislike of American people. My family is part Canadian and I've been to Canada MANY times so I'm comfortable with this issue.

BTW, Canada was a an active, card carrying member of this often brutal institution called the British Empire well into the 20th century and still a member of the British Commonwealth. Canada is also CLOSELY aligned with the U.S. military/industrial complex and does the overwhelming bulk of it's trade with the U.S.

Again, I've never experienced or know anyone who does deep fry turkeys [on their front porch ha,ha,ha...] but the U.S. is the 3rd largest nation population wise on Earth, with a vast array of cultures and differences that far exceeds a grossly underpopulated country like Canada. There's a 8 million stories in the naked city Dali, and that's just N.Y.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 26, 2010 11:36:06 PM

2. @Ratbastard
    You say: "I actually kinda figured you were Canadian due to your typical Canadian smugness and gratuitous anti-Americanism"...I say: you actually kinda figured nothing because I didn't say I was Canadian but that I was from Canada. If you can figure out where in Canada I am, you might understand why "my people" have never voluntarily accepted to be part of the British Empire and why "my people" have come close a couple of times to withdraw from being part of the British Commonwealth.

Posted by: dali | Nov 27, 2010 12:02:18 AM

3. You all want to be real? Then face it, racist stereotypes exist because they ARE in fact true. Everyone hates to admit it, but I've yet to see a Wal-Mart Black Friday where blacks (oh the irony of that day's name) are calm. Nope. Instead, they'll run over anybody to get a PS3 or Nikes.

However, even my own culture has stereotypes against it and I've found the majority to be true. Let's all calm down, accept those stereotypes and embrace them since they DO exist.

Posted by: Drew | Nov 27, 2010 12:03:38 AM

4. Gee Dali, some of my family is from Q.U.E.B.E.C....speaking of fried,fattening food. How's the language wars lately up there? Are non-Francophiles still being persecuted? Are they still paying 3rd worldish immigrants to come to Quebec and learn French? BTW, my Canadian half [part] is French. And the French were and are just as ruthless as the Brits...or Americans.

Moron.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 27, 2010 12:16:28 AM

5. @Ratbastard

Tu me dis que la moitié de ta famille est "française". Dans ce cas, si tu n'y vois pas d'inconvénient, on pourrait continuer notre discussion en français. Es-tu d'accord?

Posted by: dali | Nov 27, 2010 12:23:00 AM

6. I'd like to see the day Canada grew up, ditched a hereditary foreign monarch as it's head of state [who by law must be a certain religion and is titular head of a state sponsored religion] and become a self respecting, more democratic republic like France, Germany, the U.S., Brazil, etc.,

I'd also like to see Quebec become an independent nation. I'd say time to put up or shut up. I bet many Canadians agree.

The end result of these 2 things shake ups of the stagnant Canadian status quo would ultimately benefit both Canada and Quebec, and Quebec's relationship with it's neighbors, Canada and the U.S.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 27, 2010 12:27:06 AM

7. Dali,

I'm AMERICAN....not French...and I don't come from a French speaking part of Canada or the U.S. There is ZERO need for me to speak French, and indeed I'm not fluent in French. Outside of Quebec, parts of New Brunswick, rural Maine and the Louisiana Bayous, French is not the lingua Franca. English is the universal language in 11/2010.

monsieur/madame bonne nuit

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 27, 2010 12:36:39 AM

8. @Ratbastard

In response to your previous post: I have no idea if you understood my post in French. It asked you if you wanted, since your Canadian half part is French, to continue our discussion in French. No insults. No antagonism. But your following post convinced me that you, my friend, is why I continued this discussion. It convinced me that people like you, as many of your fellow Americans, deserve the respect and envy many of us foreigners have. You have something noble to say and you have done just that. Just as I have.

Posted by: dali | Nov 27, 2010 12:41:03 AM

9. Did any of the asswipes making racial comments notice that the first person to push their way through the door was a white guy in a yellow rain slicker? Douchebags!!

Posted by: Bobo | Nov 27, 2010 12:53:02 AM

10. Don't feed the rotten trolls of TOWELROAD. Andy obviously has a problem with comment moderation.

Posted by: IndyTown | Nov 27, 2010 12:55:21 AM

11. But seriously and for true - can't remember when I last read such sad, racist comments (loved the "just adding color" justification). Not from trolls, from "regulars." "Stereotype" = lazy thinking.

Posted by: TJ | Nov 27, 2010 1:13:47 AM

12. Goodness! So much animosity over a ridiculous shopping spree.

Posted by: Max | Nov 27, 2010 1:44:37 AM

13. Just a bit of triva, deep frying turkey is actually a relatively common thing to do here in the South, and yes, every year you hear of some nutjob who didn't do it right and therefore burned their house down or injured themself.

It sounds odd, but it's actually kind of good as is turkey done on the grill as we had it this year.

Posted by: K2 | Nov 27, 2010 1:49:20 AM

14. @max

You really think this is still about the shopping spree? lol...I really think you're funny.

Posted by: dali | Nov 27, 2010 1:50:30 AM

15. @K2
    Thank you for the "trivia" and confirming some of the things I have put forth in this great forum. I'm happy to hear that you have not burned your house down! lol. I wish you and your family many more safe and happy Thanksgivings.

Posted by: dali | Nov 27, 2010 2:02:00 AM

16. Nothing like Towleroad comments to show how ugly, racist, and bigoted we can be as the general population. But I guess anything for hits and ad dollars, right? Race baiting at its finest.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 27, 2010 2:14:40 AM

17. I'm glad I don't work retail anymore, I think people are getting crazier!

Posted by: GaryJ | Nov 27, 2010 2:47:52 AM

18. @Dali: No problem! I didn't want to jump into the fray, but I did feel like someone should defend the time honored tradition of deep-frying turkey! LOL

Actually, the stores down here have all had their turkey fryers on prominent display for weeks now.

Personally, I think it's a bit nuts, but I'm not originally from the South so everyone thinks I'm a damned Yankee anyway. :D

Posted by: K2 | Nov 27, 2010 2:48:39 AM

19. @K2
    You say:"I didn't want to jump into the fray"... and as being Québecois (or French Canadian for many), I didn't understand this expression. But I believe that people should make an effort to try to understand others. You probably mean that you didn't want to get involved in the arguement. That's OK. You have said what you needed to say. I think some people form the far North have something in common with the people form the far South...the knowledge of what it is of being bullied.

Posted by: dali | Nov 27, 2010 3:11:20 AM

20. I'm more ashamed by reading the comments of my fellow LGBT's than I am of watching my fellow Americans scrambling over each others corpses for a "holiday" sale...

Posted by: MoJo | Nov 27, 2010 5:38:43 AM

21. Mojo, I couldn't agree with you more. Hate is a four-letter word, and hate is ugly, no matter who is spewing it. I'm just glad that most LGBT people in this country realize that if the members of one group are being denied their rights by the majority, then it is a concern for everyone who belongs to any kind of minority, and for all decent, honest people who belong to the majority. Nearly all of the LGBT people I know in my daily life don't approve of racism, sexism, xenophobia, or any other type of bigotry or intolerance. So I don't know where the ignorant trolls who've made such hate-filled posts here came from: but I do wish they'd crawl back under their rocks and keep their verbal excrement to themselves. The poor misguided fools just don't realize how ugly their hate makes them.

Posted by: TANK'S 2ND COUSIN FRANK | Nov 27, 2010 6:47:51 AM

22. I wish this site would allow readers to flag up comments as abusive, so they could be hidden, in the same way as Youtube.

I hate coming on this site and knowing in advance that if I click on a link I am almost guaranteed to read abusive, racist and hateful remarks by trolls and hatefilled people. I don't want to see them. I don't want those people's views in my head frankly.

This is really making me consider not using this site and going elsewhere to get my news. Please, adminstrators of the site, do something about it. Take some responsibility for the hatred you are enabling. It has gone on for long enough.

Posted by: Tom Stoppard | Nov 27, 2010 6:52:20 AM

23. Andy only has two types of postings that feature black people in it:

1. if the posting shows blacks doing what some people would like to consider "typical" ill-mannered behavior and/or have committed a crime against a white and/or white gay person.

2. if the posting shows the hot, sexual side of black males; you know what I am talking about...shirtless, bulging muscles, smooth, rippled skin, etc.

As a black gay man, I come here to check what is going on with some current events in the gay community as well as to check the social temperature of the comments here...over the past years nothing much has changed on Towleroad.

More ad space to click more revenue for Andy's little place on the web; more commentators hiding behind the internet to spew their hatred against another group; I do love how some white gays justify their racist words by saying "blacks caused Prop 8 failure".

Did Andy write an article about Kamela Harris being elected AG in California a black female who opposes Prop 8 (click on my name to read the article) no Andy has more important articles to write about that insight many of his reader to make racist and hurtful statements.

I hope you see the irony of it all, you guys making hateful comments sort of sounds like BULLYING; but you want others to pass laws against it.

The "gay community" is just as cruel, dividing and hateful as any other community and please never forget that!

Posted by: True Words | Nov 27, 2010 8:09:33 AM

24. Well then here's a novel idea, Tom: if something offends you, DON'T CONTINUE TO READ IT.

If I live to be a thousand fuckin' years old I still doubt I'll understand idiots who demand that other people protect their delicate sensibilities from being offended. YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED BY THINGS - NO ONE DOES! EVER! GET OVER YOURSELF.

Posted by: Blake | Nov 27, 2010 8:11:46 AM

25. @Blake, so what you are saying is people should take to the streets, airwaves, billboards, etc and just start name calling one another with the most hateful names imaginable; because if they can not handle it they are just too damn sensitive.

Yo hide behind the internet and make these comments as well as many others because YOU ARE NOT brave enough to practice what you preaching.

Why not grab a hidden camera and walk around with a billboard on anywhere you can think of and write out about 50 of your most hateful slogans (shouldn't be hard for you to come up with them) for about 30 minutes and post it on YouTube.

Yeah you and so many like you are not brave you are cowards who hide behind the internet. Typical cowardly behavior hidden behind a mask of strength by using angry capital letters...you are a big man!!

Please click on my link to learn more about yourself!

Posted by: True Words | Nov 27, 2010 8:22:39 AM