DOMA | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Edie and Thea's Long Engagement (and Edie's DOMA Challenge)

Edie_thea

Here's a spot from the ACLU, using some footage from the documentary, Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement, highlighting the case of 81-year-old Edie Windsor, the plaintiff in the ACLU's lawsuit challenging the Defense of Marriage Act. Haven't seen the documentary, but it looks touching.

Watch the ACLU clip and the trailer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I got to see the doc in Ptown last June. Very touching! I highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to see it. Edie was there too, and man, is she something else.

Posted by: Scot Colford | Nov 11, 2010 7:58:06 PM

2. This is so incredibly touching. :( Everyone should watch it. If they still don't support gay marriage they are just general assholes that can be shipped off to Greenland.

Posted by: Rin | Nov 11, 2010 8:31:51 PM

3. Beautiful women with a beautiful story; unfortunately, this makes me so MAD at our country! We MUST win this fight!

Posted by: james Brown | Nov 11, 2010 11:58:57 PM

4. Hear Hear! JAMES BROWN

Posted by: David R. | Nov 12, 2010 1:49:00 PM

5. Very moving ... I am totally with you! My Beloved & I were legally married in Toronto after a 35-year "engagement" in 2003 a month after it became possible. It was a joy for us but it seems even more so for out families! And yes, Edie, it DOES feel different - and right! Cancer hit us both and he passed in 2005 - a 37 year love affair that continues beyond the grave for Eternity ...We were both ordained as Tantric Swamis by Osho in 1978/1979 in India ...

Posted by: Bodhi | Nov 12, 2010 8:29:06 PM

6. I AM 62 WHITE AND LUTHERAN... I JUST SAW THIS DOCUMENTARY AND IT TOTALLY CHANGED MY YEARS AND YEARS OF OPINIONS. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOVE. EDIE MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOU AND THE LOSS OF YOUR LOVE. GOD PUT US HERE TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND HOW COULD HE FIND FAULT OR PUT LIMITS ON YOUR LOVE AND THIS WONDERFUL LIFE LONG LOVE WITH THEA. I THINK IT IS OUTRAGEOUS THE GOVERNMENT DID THIS. ANY FOREIGNER THAT HITS OUR SHORES GETS GOVERNMENT RESPECT REGARDING THEIR MARRIAGE REGARDLESS OF RELIGION OR FAITH. YOUR LIFE COMMITMENT SHOULD BE RESPECTED TOO.

Posted by: C.CARLSON | Apr 25, 2012 5:35:14 PM

7. We ALL need to watch the documentary...it is whats life is about!

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Sep 8, 2012 9:21:56 PM