Kanye West | Kylie Minogue | News | Thanksgiving

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Kanye West, Kylie Perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Kanye

Kanye West brought his bling and "Lost in the World", a new track from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Kylie performed "Get Outta My Way" on top of a duck.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I don't care what anybody has to say; I LOVE KANYE. He's the one of the best rappers and the most cutting edge producer in the game right now.

Kylie is just kinda meh for me. She's just average. There's nothing really noteworthy about her IMO.

Posted by: new new | Nov 26, 2010 12:07:31 PM

2. I was going to say that I'm sure that nobody who reads this blog gives a shit about Gay Fish, but apparently his people were already here.

Posted by: Roy | Nov 26, 2010 1:46:58 PM

3. Fuck Kanye West to hell. I want to punch his lights out. He is partly responsible for the dross that is pop music today (see Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Auto-tune, Black Eyed Peas, etc.), and he is one of the most horrible human beings on Earth.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Nov 26, 2010 3:01:09 PM

4. ego the size of saturn he may have, kanye's new album is absolutely amazing.

Posted by: larson | Nov 26, 2010 3:12:40 PM

5. How is Kanye West responsible for the terrible state of music today? That's a pretty ridiculous statement. Especially given that his latest album is damn near a masterpiece.

And Kylie Minogue deserves so much better than singing on top of a giant duck. It's shame that the US missed the boat on her.

Posted by: BEAHBEAH | Nov 26, 2010 3:33:18 PM

6. Thanksgiving Day parade Manhattan? No fucking thank you. Parades and big ethnic festivals should be friggin banned or have them in the parking lots of some big ass suburban mall where they can do their own thing without bothering anyone else.

Just saying.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 26, 2010 5:43:26 PM

7. I said he was PARTLY responsible. There are a whole bunch of other players in the music industry that have made mainstream pop music absolutely awful, many of whom have worked with Kanye and vice versa.

Kylie Minogue, on the other hand, is a totally underrated pop goddess.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Nov 26, 2010 5:44:43 PM

8. Yeah Kylie.......that voice! That exceptional talent! Watch out American Idol!!

Posted by: Rowan | Nov 26, 2010 6:07:36 PM

9. I have a powerful urge to grab kanye's mike and talk about how much better beyonce's float woulda been, if she had a float, that is.

Posted by: kodiak | Nov 26, 2010 7:04:18 PM

10. Re: Thanksgiving Day Parade

Poor Betty Buckley.

That is all.

Posted by: Brian | Nov 26, 2010 9:24:09 PM

11. some heffers didnt have a good thanksgiving??damn where is the love u guys?its just two people performing at some american thingy.the real sad people should be the dead native indians,eat ya turky and veg out on ya couch

Posted by: sal | Nov 26, 2010 9:35:35 PM

12. Less coloreds and more meth-bottoms please.

Posted by: Johnnie | Nov 26, 2010 10:43:03 PM

13. I just don't get Kanye West. Seems like the most ignorant jerk ever, and to me his music all sounds like the most negative, thuggish, simple minded rap crap I've been hearing forever. Accompanied by the dress and moves of some illiterate moron from the ghetto of a decade ago.

Someone please explain the adulation.

Posted by: emjayay | Nov 26, 2010 11:47:20 PM

14. I just don't get Kanye West. Seems like the most ignorant jerk ever, and to me his music all sounds like the most negative, thuggish, simple minded rap crap I've been hearing forever. Accompanied by the dress and moves of some illiterate moron from the ghetto of a decade ago.

Someone please explain the adulation.

POSTED BY: EMJAYAY | NOV 26, 2010 11:47:20 PM

************************

I actually grew up in around people like West and other 'thug' rappers. I laugh at the comfortable middle class [of all races] who glorify thugs also. Dudes like West are LAUGHING all the way to the bank.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 27, 2010 12:09:09 AM

15. They definitely needed a float with a bunch of gay men who can actually appreciate the awesomeness that is kylie!

Posted by: andypharmer | Nov 27, 2010 12:13:15 AM

16. EMJAY, with all due respect if that's your description of Kanye's music, than I have to assume that you haven't heard very much of it. Kanye is about as far away as a thug as one could imagine, yes he's an asshole, but a really talented asshole. But a thug he is not.

Posted by: Asher | Nov 27, 2010 1:01:13 AM

17. White gays and their stupid racism, never cease to amaze me. Kanye West may be a jerk with a huge ego, but there is absolutely nothing ghetto or thuggish about his music or image. Of course he must be an ignorant ghetto thug, since he's black tho.

Mevermind the fact that his mom was a college professor, and he comes from a middle class background.

Posted by: Michael | Nov 27, 2010 1:19:50 AM

18. Emjayay and Ratbastard, what the hell are you guys talking about? Kanye's not a thug. And his music isn't simple-minded rap; he borrows from multiple genres, including dance music.

You obviously don't even know who Kanye is. Don't criticize stuff you don't know anything about.

I guess all rappers look alike to you.

Posted by: Ted C. | Nov 27, 2010 1:20:25 AM

19. And what do you mean that Kanye dresses like an illiterate moron? Kanye dresses like he's out of the pages of GQ or Vogue Hommes. It's half of his whole schtick.

You guys are horrible with your rap stereotypes.

Posted by: Ted C. | Nov 27, 2010 1:23:43 AM

20. Good Lawd!

Kanye West is probably more "bougie" than most of you white trashy trailer park queens.

While I don't particulary care for Miss Kanye (she IS a bit much, to be honest) I do like the fact that there is a bit of a retro fell in the sense that he harkens back to some of the early days of hip hop, when it really was black middle class music as opposed to the ghetto tripe that has become popular nowadays.

So just...please, stop yer hatin'.

As far as Miss Kylie is concerned, she's OK but I like here earlt late 80's stuff the best ("The Locomotion", "Got to Be Certain")...I can take her or leave her, quite frankly.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Nov 27, 2010 9:50:08 AM