Comments

1. Al says

This “pastor” is a fool. Eroding finances, divorce, and the isolation caused by modern technology (texting, internet, etc.) are the elements causing the American family to disintegrate. Times are such that moms can no longer stay home and watch over the kids thus leaving then to their peers, the schools, TV, cell phones and video games. Divorce is at an all time high, creating chaos in over half of all families and ripping them apart! No where are “gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals or Transgendered people” to blame for the downfall of the family. Actually, most of the blame can be places at the policies of the so called, “family values” party the republicans who have continuously catered to the rich at the expense of the poor and middle class! To bad these religious people have such tunnel vision and seemingly refuse to see the real culprits that are destroying the family. Gays are not to blame at all!

2. Jerome says

Somebody please explain to me how I am somehow responsible for the failure of a heterosexual couple’s marriage? I don’t even have the right to marry! Can you say F-A-S-C-I-S-T-S? We are SO close to this, it isn’t funny!

3. David says

4. mad1026 says

As a gay man, I have the power to erode family values? Sounds to me like someone might need to get their own house in order afore that start telling other people how to. Isn’t Huck Shucks getting enough face time at Faux News? Theocrats, be gone!!

5. You Get What You Project says

“Poor choice in wording, Andy. “bad Christians celebrate their hateful God….” Really? Their God isn’t the one that is hateful, they are the hateful ones. They just use God as their scape-goat. ”

Man creates his own god(s) so the title is apt.

If horses and pigs had gods they would look like horses and pigs. Some old Roman said that.

6. JM says

I’m not surprised. Right wing Christians continue to see gays as a severe threat; but why? Well, with homophobia being used as a “threat” to family values, these people pick and choose what best servers their agenda. Gays are the group of people that they always blame for any break-up of a marriage, ie, divorce.
    Yet I’ve learned (in conservitive Redlands, Ca) that WE are NOT the problem, but we are always targeted.
    The best example I can give is that it’s impossible for any gay couple to causes divorce to my neighbors. Can a straight man/women be tricked into becoming gay? Can a gay man/women be tricked (cured?) into a straight lifesryle? Can I. Can you? NO! We are who were are and regardless of what the Christian Right believing “we” can change, I must ask, “HOW”? Better yet, at 45 yrs old, would any sane man/women go out & be the object of riducile? I tried like hell to change my sexual desire (at 16)- it didn’t work, and the church only made matters worse.
    This is a nut case. I wonder if somewhere he has “Ted Haggard”, et al inside him.
    What a geat place to live if we can all accept each other.
    Sure, it’s a political football, but when (not if)the time comes, history won’t be kind to these [certain] Christian talking heads.