News | Robyn

Watch: Robyn Performs at Nobel Peace Prize Concert

Robyn

Swedish pop star Robyn sang "Jag vet en dejlig rosa", "Dancing on My Own" and "Indestructible" on Saturday in Oslo at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in honor of this year's honoree Liu Xiaobo, the literary critic and activist currently under house arrest in China.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I love her!!!!!

Posted by: Justin | Dec 13, 2010 4:58:01 PM

2. She's been a highlight of 2010.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 13, 2010 5:13:33 PM

3. Simply put, this woman is a class act. She also performed at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in 2008:

and

Love her !

Posted by: Dali | Dec 13, 2010 5:42:40 PM

4. Just saw her in Northern California. What a fun performer.

Posted by: Nate | Dec 13, 2010 6:02:38 PM

5. I've watched this cheerful & talented teenage girl (remember "Show Me Love"?) blossom into a beautiful & classy woman. I'm disappointed that she isn't as popular as Lady Gag Gag!

Posted by: DALI | Dec 13, 2010 6:53:09 PM

6. @Dali: She broke from a major label to start her own record company. I think part of it is that she just does not have the marketing resources that Lady Gaga has. "Dancing on My Own" is up for a Grammy!

Posted by: maxx40 | Dec 13, 2010 8:28:56 PM

7. @maxx40 You're right. Too bad she doesn't have the marketing resources. I'm French-Canadian and I understand what our artists have to deal with to make it "big", ie Celine Dion, although I'm not a fan.

I believe Robyn is nominated for "Best Dance Recording". I doubt this segment is televised. Too bad, as I hoped she would get this type of exposure (the Grammy Awards being televised around the World).

Posted by: Dali | Dec 13, 2010 8:49:46 PM

8. Mycket Bra Robyn!!!

Posted by: PapaBear | Dec 13, 2010 9:26:08 PM

9. Robyn is the most sensational doll of them all, a hot Swedish blizzard of talent. Her indescribable dance moves on stage, all arced and ordered, are style brught to incandesence. But oh dear leave the crap off her face and body. Just behold her as she is, the top hottie of hot.

Posted by: Barry | Dec 14, 2010 2:03:24 AM

10. Hi Andy,

Thanks for your coverage on this matter!

But I believe Mr. Liu Xiaobo is currently in prison and his wife is under house arrest at the moment.

Posted by: Free LXB! | Dec 14, 2010 3:39:48 AM

11. I'm confused why I'm supposed to care about Robyn, these last few months.

Is there something I don't know?

Posted by: Randy | Dec 14, 2010 4:48:07 AM

12. @Randy

I think it is hilarious when people who are ignorant of pop culture point out that ignorance like it's supposed to be some nasty and great dig. It just makes you sound like a bitchy queen.

Posted by: TDRz | Dec 14, 2010 10:50:39 AM