Andy Cohen | Bravo | News

BigGayDeal.com

Bravo: We're Not Developing Any Type of Gay 'A-List' Show

Despite reports last month that the show had already been cast, Bravo insists that it isn't developing their own version of Logo's 'A-List' that would be something like 'The Real Gay Housewives' (or the title that was rumored, From the Bottom to the Top).

AfterElton: Andy_cohen

Says Bravo Media president Frances Berwick, "No, we’re not doing a version of that [a gayHousewives]. It would not be wildly outside of our milieu to do something that focused specifically on gay characters. But as to doing Real Gay Housewives, we’re not going there. Or something like The A-list, although I never saw a full episode, we wouldn’t do that."

AfterElton also spoke with Lauren Zalanick, President NBC Universal Women and Lifestyle Entertainment Networks, who echoed Berwick's comments. Asked about reports Cohen had a "gay"Housewives show in the works, Zalanick says, "He has never talked about a gay male version of theHousewives. I’ve never heard him say that, and I don’t know why he would....[The online report is] made up, I’m telling you. There’s absolutely nothing in development and never has been. I will say we do have casting out there around a group of gay guys. In terms of Andy casting it, we have a team. We have a couple [of different shows]. I would say, really early days, we’re in development, but we’re also developing a ton of other things."

Comments

1. I can't STAND Andy BLOW-HEN!

Posted by: Don | Jan 14, 2011 9:18:07 AM

2. Years ago Bravo used to have reality shows about gay marriages and gay adoptions and now its all housewives and wannabee designers. Andy did a interview saying he thinks bravo is bisexual but it used to be gay. totally gay.

Posted by: Liam | Jan 14, 2011 9:50:47 AM

3. I used to think Andy Cohen was so adorable, not only in the way he looked, but also how he spoke and presented himself. Now, all I see of him is trashy, exploitative television.

Liam is right. Bravo used to have semi-quality programming. Now, I can barely stand even channel surfing through it.

Posted by: Austin | Jan 14, 2011 11:50:32 AM

4. Well...there goes my reason for existing. This is worse than shoah.

Andy Cohen isn't just a stepford gay...he's not just a sloppy caricature of crass two dimensional pop culture stuffed into a suit...a fraud...fake shallow person...he's also an alcoholic.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 14, 2011 12:02:33 PM

5. Andy Cohen is an embarrassment to the human race not just to the gay community

Posted by: ucghk | Jan 14, 2011 2:06:56 PM

6. You have to question the veracity of a report which can't even bother to get the spelling of Lauren ZALAZNICK right.

Posted by: Nick | Jan 14, 2011 2:37:25 PM

7. FYI, The show started filming last Monday.

Posted by: Paul | Jan 14, 2011 3:14:09 PM

8. So...you all hate Andy Cohen because he's NOT developing an A-List knockoff? Gosh, I don't understand.

Posted by: jon.luddite | Jan 14, 2011 9:15:16 PM

9. This guy is trashy and ~~~~CREEPY~~~~~

Posted by: shannon | Jan 15, 2011 12:53:59 AM

10. And what's with those wonky crossed eyes and nasty coffee stained teeth? BLECH!

Posted by: Snarlz Krauthammer | Jan 15, 2011 1:24:21 PM