BigGayDeal.com

News: Steve Jobs, Mammoth, Facebook, J Lo, Pennsylvania, NOM

Road President Obama's Martin Luther King Jr. Day proclamation.

RoadFacebook now sharing your home address with developers: "A post on Saturday by Jeff Bowen in Facebook's developer support team explained that users' addresses and mobile phone numbers are being made available on the development platform through a number of APIs."

Jobs RoadSteve Jobs taking second medical leave of absence from Apple: "At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company. I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011. I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy."

RoadJake Gyllenhaal's Golden Globes date.

RoadHopes dim for statewide LGBT anti-discrimination laws in Pennsylvania.

RoadGay activists in Australia accuse New South Wales' leading HIV/AIDS health service of squandering millions of dollars in taxpayer money: "Gay rights campaigner Gary Burns, HIV lobbyist Shayne Chester and journalist Peter Hackney have demanded the state government 'demolish' ACON, formerly known as the AIDS Council of NSW. The trio alleged the service, which specialises in HIV prevention, care and support, received $12.6 million in government funding last year but spent only $800,000 on programs and services."

RoadFresh beef hits the Globes red carpet.

Mammoth RoadJapanese scientist says he can clone Wooly Mammoth.

RoadNew England Republicans warming to marriage equality?

RoadGabrielle Giffords now breathing on her own.

RoadIrish-Brazilian couple are first to have civil partnership recognized: "Cunningham and Vilar, a Brazilian citizen, held their civil partnership ceremony in Northern Ireland last year. Ireland officially began to recognise civil partnership in the Republic on 13 January 2011 – and that date was also the very day the couple visited the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service to try to sort out Vilar’s residency."

RoadListen: J Lo's cover of a classic Bananarama track.

RoadMale model fix: Julian Schratter.

Cathlics RoadNOM suggests that same-sex marriage supporters are vandalizing Catholic churches.

RoadCameroon government upset that EU is funding LGBT groups: "The EU is funding the 'Project for Assistance and Guidance to Sexual Minorities' with €300,000. The project is backed by the associations Sid'ado, Cofenho (the Collective of Families of children with homosexuals), and Association to Defend Homosexuals (ADEFHO), the main LGBT rights group founded by Alice Nkom, a well-known Cameroonian lawyer."

RoadStudent at Halton Catholic school in Ontario, Canada speaks out for Gay-Straight Alliances: "My school is not very open. Most kids just don’t come out. They’re afraid. When I came out in Grade 9, I was bullied pretty bad. It would have been really nice to have a GSA for support...Kids should be able to call the group what it is and use the word 'gay' in the title. A GSA means acceptance. It means kids are not alone. It means they are not shunned."

Comments

1. Dear NOM, Even scientific studies know that supporters of same sex marriage are on average more intelligent than those who do not support marriage equality. Everyone knows it's the Teabaggers who can't spell. So, I do not believe for a minute that a supporter of same sex marriage tagged the word "Cathlic".

Posted by: bob | Jan 17, 2011 1:29:32 PM

2. J.Lo's cover has to be one of the worst tracks ever offered by someone of her (former) stature. Wow, it's incredibly bad.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jan 17, 2011 1:46:31 PM

3. "phone numbers are being made available on the development platform through a number of APIs."

Can someone translate that for me?

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jan 17, 2011 1:59:31 PM

4. Two corrections to "J Lo's cover of a classic Bananarama track."

1. Shocking Blue had it first. It's *their* classic track. Bananarama did a great job, though.

2. J Lo didn't cover it, she just puked all over it. That was pure garbage.

Posted by: Max | Jan 17, 2011 2:40:14 PM

5. false flag sympathy move

who has a martyr complex more than the catholics?

especialy when priests and nuns have been known/ caught making statues weep

Its easy and u can do it to

get a hollow statue preferable with hollows behind the eyes add water and lightly scratch a bit of the glaze off from around the eyes

the water will soak into the porous material of the statue just like your clay plant pots absorb water

come back later preferably when the room is cooler to cause condensation and gullible people will think the water seeping out from the eyes are tears

(think = how water moves through the clay of a chia pet)

Posted by: mxtrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Jan 17, 2011 2:40:37 PM

6. I'd wager NOM members themselves are the ones responsible for the damage to said churches.

Posted by: RJ | Jan 17, 2011 2:44:32 PM

7. Really? You're loathing Jennifer Lopez's remake of "Venus"? As abhorrent as it it, let's not forget that Bananarama's version was an abysmal remake of the original. Bananrama was (and remains) a joke, like 90% of the Euro-pop drivel from the 80s. Hate on J.Lo's remake of the remake, absolutely, but don't pretend that Bananarama was anything other than what it was. And still is.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Jan 17, 2011 2:49:56 PM

8. I suspect Steve might not be coming back this time.

Posted by: anon | Jan 17, 2011 3:58:26 PM

9. JERREYCHRIST says "...Bananarama's version was an abysmal remake of the original."

What drugs are you on and where can I get them?

Posted by: Vince | Jan 17, 2011 5:43:00 PM

10. considering the country is chock full of fundamentalist christians who believe that cathlics(sic) are false christians and all sorts of other evil things and considering the fact that gays are, overall, well enough educated to be able to spell "catholics" correctly, NOM probably shouldn't be pointing fingers so hastily.

Posted by: alguien | Jan 17, 2011 7:41:31 PM

11. Make America safe, eat a NOM baby.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 17, 2011 8:27:33 PM

12. It's all the anti-Christian rhetoric that comes from many in the gay rights movement (which we often also see here in the comments) that makes it easy for organizations like NOM to pin the blame on same-sex marriage supporters.

In fact, same-sex marriage supporters in fact did vandalize my church here in San Francisco following the passage of Prop 8.

I wish the gay rights movement would stop with the petty and disrespectful anti-Christian rhetoric. It is divisive and serves no purpose other than to give the Religious Right more ammunition.

Posted by: eric | Jan 17, 2011 8:41:07 PM

13. NOM that sign was written by someone who can't spell. They aren't leading any movements. I resisted the urge to make a bowl movement joke, then realized I had to. They aren't leading any movement except their own bowl movements. Not everything can be blamed on gays.

Posted by: mike | Jan 17, 2011 9:52:41 PM

14. hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i m alex and i want gay sex job

Posted by: alex | Sep 14, 2011 12:31:36 AM

15. I would like to thank you for the attempts you have made in writing this article
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Cheap football jerseys | Sep 26, 2011 11:38:30 PM