Global Warming | News

If It Snows a Bit, Are You the Type to Look Out the Window and Sneer, 'Whatever Happened to Global Warming?'

Globalwarming

There may be consequences.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. hilarious

Posted by: tranquilo | Jan 12, 2011 10:17:59 AM

2. I've noticed that, wherever I go in the world, there's always weather. Do you think it's following me around? Especially in the US, when I go from the west, where I live, to the east, whatever weather we were having when I was in the west always seems to show up in the east a few days later. Wow. I control the weather! Does that make me a god?

Posted by: zeus | Jan 12, 2011 10:38:43 AM

3. @Zeus: No, it just makes you GAY. According to the AFA, Cindy the Purple Dinosaur and the late great Jerry Falwell, "teh GAY" is why you control the weather. Just like the X-Men! Cool, eh?

Posted by: Joseph L | Jan 12, 2011 11:17:31 AM

4. I thought it was because the Haitians repealed DADT.

Posted by: Danny | Jan 12, 2011 11:44:10 AM

5. @Joseph L: Yes, I am gay, but, apparently I don't control the weather after all. Really, a gay person in charge of the weather would have chosen a much more festive color than the overcast gray that is in my town today. And I certainly wouldn't have caused birds to fall out of the sky! What a mess that made! I'm a neat and tidy gay myself.

Posted by: zeus | Jan 12, 2011 12:30:39 PM

6. The Brits sure have a cleaver sense of humor. But why is it that when there are record heat waves, the SCREAM goes out that it's due to "global warming" but when there are record cold waves it's just "weather"?

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jan 12, 2011 1:09:13 PM

7. Well golly Sargon, I guess we're just not as 'cleaver' as you LOL

Posted by: wtf | Jan 12, 2011 1:35:41 PM

8. @ Sargon Overcompensatinghorn: Please show me one single example of a climate scientist ever saying that a heatwave, or any other single weather event, is specifically due to climate change. Here's a clue: You won't. If you ever hear someone say, "The record heat on this day is directly caused by global warming," then that person is clearly not a scientist and is perhaps even an idiot. Though in all fairness, at least that sort of idiot -- as opposed to your kind of idiot -- is not part of the problem.

Posted by: AtlantaGuy | Jan 12, 2011 2:04:25 PM

9. That would have been better without the rape joke.

Posted by: Sonneillon | Jan 12, 2011 2:36:06 PM

10. There is global warming but it is just a prelude to the coming Ice Age. First the polar ice caps sublime and put more moisture into the atmosphere and so rainfall increases. But when the snow fall increases that will start the next Ice Age as the polar ice caps rebuild and expand.

Posted by: Hey It Could Happen | Jan 12, 2011 4:59:49 PM

11. That's right, Hey it Could Happen. I just hope I'm either very wealthy or dead when it hits.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jan 12, 2011 5:38:15 PM