Anti-Gay Pastor Grant Storms Arrested for Masturbating in Public Park in Front of Children

The Reverend Grant Storms, a Christian fundamentalist pastor known for his campaigns against New Orleans' gay Southern Decadence festival, has been arrested for masturbating in a public park in front of children.

The Times-Picayune reports: Storms

Storms, 53, 2304 Green Acres Road, Metairie, was booked with obscenity, a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office arrest report said.

Storms told deputies that he was merely having lunch at Lafreniere Park, 3000 Downs Blvd., in his van when he decided to relieve himself using a bottle instead of using the restroom, an incident report said.

But two witnesses said they say Storms through the open windows of his van masturbating himself while watching children on the playground, the report said.

The two women flagged down a park employee who notified the Sheriff's Office. The employee also detained Storms until deputies arrived.

Bond for Storms was orginially set at $5000 but he was released early because of overcrowding at the jail.

The Times-Picayune adds:

"Armed with bullhorns, Bibles and picket signs, Storms and a group of followers in 2003 protested against Southern Decadence, the gay three-day festival held over Labor Day weekend in the French Quarter. Storms' efforts prompted the New Orleans City Council to ban megaphones and other amplification devices."

Here's the article from 2003 about Storms' campaigns to end Southern Decadence, which included a Christian parade and 'purity' rally decrying the depravity:

Last year, Storms videotaped public sex acts on Bourbon Street and made the tape available to state legislators, hoping to bring an end to the celebration.

"There's no economic gain that justifies an orgy in the streets," Storms said. "That's all it is — a three-day orgy in the streets."

In 2005 Storms sued gay rights group Action Wisconsin, claiming the group defamed him by saying that he advocated the murder of gays. He lost the lawsuit, a decision that was upheld by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Storms was then ordered to repay the group $87,000 in court costs.

The AP reported:

In 2003, Wisconsin Christians United invited him to speak at the International Conference on Homo-Fascism in Milwaukee.

Action Wisconsin obtained an audio recording of his speech and publicized remarks it said incited violence against gays. The group issued a press release saying Storms made sounds like gunfire, as if he were shooting gay people, and said, "God has delivered them into our hands. Boom boom boom … there's twenty! Ca-ching! Glory, glory to god."

The press release also admonished a state senator for attending "a speech apparently advocating the murder of his own constituents."

[Storms' attorney] Donohoo claimed statements in the press release were false and defamatory.

Southern Decadence protest leader booked with masturbating at Metairie park [times-picayune]

Comments

1. One of the CA 36,000 says

The most galling thing about this hypocrit is: He’ll offer up a tearful repentance in front of his congregation and all will be forgiven. You see, Christians can sin in the most egregious manners possible, over and over again, and as long as they claim they “repent” they can claim JAY-sus! “forgives” them.

Fundamentalist RIght-Wing Christianists are so stupid and psychotic that they’ll eat it up.

And the fact that these people are running things is the main reason this country is sliding into fascist third-world status.

2. RP says

YES! This is awesome news. I love it when someone who puts themselves on a pedestal gets caught doing something they’ve been speaking out against. Ah, satisfaction.

3. Derrick from Philly says

He didn’t try to put himself on a pedestal, RP. He tried to put himself in a bottle. Don’t you believe him? Look at that face.

4. says

Should we be surprised anymore? When a person is obsessed with gay people or accusing people left and right of being pedophiles…..they’re either a homo or a pedophile. I wouldn’t even let them near my cats.

5. Nick says

Holy Jebezuzz -a little lamb has lost his way.
    Perhaps any of the cast of thousands wayward “pastor” can counsel him back into the fold of
    non-sinners? Me thinks -NOT.
    And the hits keep coming….. (poor choice of words)

6. HOCKEYJOCK says

It just gets more and more ridiculous.

International Conference of Homo-Fascism? WOW. Some people really have nothing better to do with their lives, do they? Craaaaaazyyyyyy…!

“He lost the lawsuit, a decision that was upheld by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Storms was then ordered to repay the group $87,000 in court costs”.

LOL. As he should. Wasting not only his own time, but eeeveryone else’s. Along with taxpayer money.

7. JP says

You guys are so harsh. I often find myself in public without anywhere to pee so I pull over in the vicinity of small children and whip out my cock. Come on! It’s as American as Apple Pie.

You’re all total haters. 😉

8. sal says

im so shocked!!!OBVIOUSLY THIS IS THE FAULT OF THE GAYS!!!!!!THE GAYS SNEAKED IN AND PUT THAT PARK RIGHT NEXT TO HIM WHILE HE WAS MASTURBATING!!!!!!

9. castaway says

It’s just a matter of time. All these crazy homophobes are harboring some sexual fantasy, and hating the gays is some kind of twisted turn-on. Talking against it is still talking about it.

Before long, we’ll be “Americans learning the Truth About:” Peter LaBarbara, Tony Perkins, Matt Barber, etc…

10. HadenoughBS says

Let ye who is without sin, “Reverend” Storms, cast……..

Family values lowlife hypocrite!

11. Xtab says

I really want to go to the International Conference on Homo-Fascism in Milwaukee. That sounds awesome.

12. Robert In WeHo says

Just when I was having a bad day, this news came along and cheered me up! Yet one more nail in the coffin PROVING that rabid anti-gay crusaders are mentally twisted and ALL have something to hide…

13. MadM@ says

sing it with me now
    s-c-h-a-d-e-n-f-r-e-u-d-e

further proof being in the closet is a mental illness… fundies do the same thing [decrying gay sex in public and gettin it behind closed doors] while expecting different results [not getting caught]

14. Acronym Jim says

Come on. Give the guy a break. He was just trying to protect his precious bodily fluids from sneaky preverts.* He knew they were somewhere close by because “everyone” knows they hang around the kiddies.

*/Dr. Strangelove

15. ratbastard says

Looking @ children? Level 3 sex offender. This dude and people like him needs to be severely punished.

16. Ben says

Sucks for him. Other Christian leaders managed to molest little boys and only get caught afterwards, this perv didn’t even get what he was after. Wow. I hope they all burn in a forest fire and fall into a vat of pudding and then die alone in a hole.

17. Mike says

Now I can see peeing in a bottle. I have a small bladder and when I have to, it’s coming out. But it does sound like he was straight up masterbating so that’s gross. I don’t even see what you’re getting from that, just looking at children? gross.

18. prios says

my name is phillip im a big fan of john barrowman you could say he has help me throw a difficlt time in my life im gay and i cumend john barroman becues is so perod to be gay i wish i can be like that

19. matt says

Um dude, you don’t just have lunch in your van in Lafreniere, that by itself is really creepy. Plus it was like 80 something degrees today.

20. Tim says

Marvellous…..Another old perv caught in the act. The trouble is, you don’t know how many children he might have touched or fiddled with in the past, and it only comes to light in the future. He should first be castrated, then made to tell the truth, if necessery by slow torture. Having been abused myself as a child, it’s the least you can do. The vermin.

21. says

Another religious leader.. do as I say, and not what I do… exposed as a pervert, and a hypocrite. If there is a Hell, he’ll be first in line.

22. says

Maybe he just wanted to re-enact the time Jeffrey Dahmer was arrested in a park for doing the same thing. It was a scientific experiment, that’s all!

23. bill says

…and these are the poeple from whom we are supposed to get our “moral guidance”!!!! How pathetic.

24. Ish says

I know what he was thinking: it’s ok to masturbate in front of children as long as they were little girls. Because pedofilia is fine so long is heterosexual, but gays have to die.

25. anon says

He seems to be a loser on several levels. Not actually a big fish though. This probably won’t make national news.

26. djcchicago says

Love to see people out picketing his church in the name of decency. Won’t they be surprised to be on the receiving end of it! (no pun intended)

27. Andalusian Dog says

Um, I use the toilet if I have to pee. He was in a car. You mean to tell me he couldn’t drive to the nearest McDonald’s or bar or something? If it’s so bad that I can’t hold it anymore, I try to find someplace, I dunno, out of sight of where I could get caught possibly.

I hope to God that he was doing meth too. It would make this story so much more deliciously predictable.

28. AUSTIN says

Another argument for not allowing Christians to marry, we must protect the children.

29. Andrea L. Harrington says

Sweet-n-low lollypop Christians are just like pop rocks they are a pretty color until they hit water and start to fizz.
    Interesting how it is wrong for someone from the LGBT community to have sex the way they choose, but it’s perfectly normal for the preacher man and all the rest of the self serviant (do gooders) to perform sexual acts while in the company of children. If you look in the jail system and really pay close attention, most pedifiles are heterosexual and lead so called straight lives. My point is well proven, just ask Pastor Storms, see if he’ll be a coward and say I dont know what you are talking about or will he actually tell the truth about being a hipocritical liar.

30. Steve T. says

Here in New Orleans I’ve been lapping up this story like a cat laps up cream. Latest is the report that he is being “counseled” by other far-right pastors who will surely bring him around.

As it is said, the jokes write themselves. Blind leading the blind? Bland leading the bland? Foxes guarding the hen-house? Perhaps RC priests relieved that someone ELSE is getting the heat for once? Anyone got any better ones?

The latest from TV is that he asserts he certainly wasn’t masturbating where CHILDREN could see him! Not that he WAS masturbating, no no no, no admissions here. But children simply WERE NOT THERE! Just visible through his windshield.

Pass the popcorn, boys, this show is going to be good.

31. lcozzarelli says

Schadenfreude made all the more gleeful by the large tree behind his head that makes him look like he has a rasta-‘fro! :)

32. john leddy says

this is a dog bites man news story. you can be sure that when you hear someone ranting and raving against homosexuality he is a self loathing homosexual,a pedophile or a seriously disfunctional heterosexual.how seriously deranged must that hater phelps be?

33. Norman E. Chapman III-Frank says

Perverts like this hypocrites give us Christians a real bad name!! As a Gay Christian father of two daughters, I find this disgusting and abhorrent. Another fundamental nut job bites the dust!!

34. tate says

I think the ones who speak the loudest against gays are the ones who haven’t come to terms to being gay themselves.