New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Rats on the Subway, Part 3

Rats

I've seen a lot of nasty things on the subway, but I've never seen a man eat spaghetti and share it with his pet rat.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via gothamist)

Comments

1. Is that Saddam seated next to him?

Posted by: Name: | Feb 8, 2011 11:20:05 AM

2. Who eats like that on the subway? Gross, Sometimes I have to finish a sandwich or something but no foods that require utensils.

Posted by: Fenrox | Feb 8, 2011 11:37:47 AM

3. Dude used the N word. Why aren't there 'Progressives' on here posting their outrage? If this were a white 'Boy' , how many 'Progressive' posts would there be about 'White Trash'?

I've seen people with snakes, birds, fish, bunnies, ferrets, on the subway. And rats. My best friend growing up had a pet rat he carried around in his pocket, including on the subway.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 11:52:01 AM

4. @ Fenrox...people eat like that on the subway all the time!

Posted by: Manhattanvince | Feb 8, 2011 11:57:11 AM

5. @RATBASTARD, if you knew anything about NYC or any other major urban area you wouldn't be asking that question.

Posted by: NY2.0 | Feb 8, 2011 12:07:36 PM

6. @NY2.0 said,

Posted by: NY2.0 | Feb 8, 2011 12:07:36 PM

...I was born, raised, in 'major' urban areas [majority minority neighborhoods], and live in one now, foo.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 12:23:32 PM

7. @NY2.0,

'progressives' do not hold 'Oppressed' minorities aren't held to the same PC standards as white 'Boys'.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 12:29:05 PM

8. Figures it was in New York.

Posted by: Brad | Feb 8, 2011 12:32:45 PM

9. @ratbastard

'nigga' is part of his culture.
    It's not part of yours.

There should be no reason for explanation and you're just being obnoxious. One of my pet peeves is watching white people dissect what minorities say to/about each other versus what white people are "allowed" to say.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 8, 2011 1:25:33 PM

10. They've handled the entire situation extremely well. I'm impressed. I expected to keep going, "That would never happen, that's not how things are," but aside from the fact that the story probably moved faster than normal (bc it's on television) it's a pretty authentic storyline. Right down to the uncomfortable best friend trying to wrap his head around it to the understanding ex gf who encourages him to be who he is.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 8, 2011 1:38:03 PM

11. hmm...I thought that was on the 90210 post...oh well.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 8, 2011 1:39:03 PM

12. I'm glad I left NYC...The ghetto trash are eveywhere now...Totally gross...

Posted by: chester67 | Feb 8, 2011 1:41:02 PM

13. Screw you RAFID'ANGELO...fool. Can I say fag and faggot without some 'Progressive' lecturing me? But it's a part of my culture as a fag?

'Special' minorities [not all, only the 'Special' ones...as 'Progressives' define it] are not held to the same standard as white 'Boys' and a few others.

And you 'Progressives' wonder why no one really takes you or political correctness seriously, even gays.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 1:44:58 PM

14. High crime rate, high level of random violence, shooting or stabbing someone because they 'Disrespected' you.... but it's all part of Their culture. How dare you white 'boy' mock it.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 1:46:56 PM

15. I've seen that guy in person. :D

Posted by: boo | Feb 8, 2011 1:53:38 PM

16. The rat is under 44 inches so it rides for free.

Posted by: Natira | Feb 8, 2011 2:06:14 PM

17. Exactly.
    How dare you mock something of which you know very little.

And for that reason alone, this is not a topic worth discussing. Besides, it has already devolved past the point of intelligent discourse, and I'm not interested in a pissing match with some 'boy' who is hyper-defensive about having white privilege.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 8, 2011 2:21:36 PM

18. @RafiD'Angelo,

I'm white, a male, and far from 'Privileged' ... I don't even qualify for affirmative action, even though I was raised socio-economically oppressed. But a middle class and/or politically connected 'Minority' does. Even descendants of Spanish and Portuguese Conquistadors are oppressed minorities, but not me. Go figure.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 2:37:25 PM

19. I'm going to start using the gay card to yank bourgeois white, black, brown, Asian, etc., 'Progressive's' chains.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 2:41:08 PM

20. Re: language debate. really, guys, its not 1992 anymore. You can move on to the next topic.

Posted by: TC | Feb 8, 2011 2:45:03 PM

21. @TC,

Tell that to the 'Progressives' who in 2011 love lecturing people about who's good, who's bad, who gets special privileged treatment, who's oppressed, what language you can and can not use, what you can can not eat, drink, smoke, etc.,

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 8, 2011 3:01:12 PM

22. That rat is most likely cleaner and absolutely smarter than most of the people sitting around it on that train. There is very little that is "nasty" about them save for an undeserved reputation from The Media and articles talking about how "nasty" it is to feed your pet rat...

Posted by: Liam | Feb 8, 2011 8:31:49 PM

23. that is why gated communities and SUVs to get you there rule!

dirtbag.

Posted by: mark | Feb 9, 2011 2:00:43 AM

24. I LOVE rats. I used to have two pet rats and they were so sweet they were the best pets I have ever owned. They are smart, playful and cute. Rats are very clean animals... when they aren't eating or sleeping they are usually grooming and cleaning themselves.

Posted by: Nate | Feb 9, 2011 6:10:05 AM

25. LIAM and NATE:

I had to re-read your comments using a Bela Lugosi impersonation. Now, I understand.

RATBASTARD,

Some Gay men call each other "faggot" constantly--too constantly for me.

Oh, and I'll tell Michele Obama and Bill Cosby how you characterize the "culture" they come from and the terrible effect it's had on their behavior.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 9, 2011 10:40:18 AM