Donald Trump | Jose Canseco | News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Jose Canseco Plays Gay for 'Celebrity Apprentice'

Canseco

Jose Canseco played gay last night on Celebrity Apprentice, which basically meant he styled his hair into a faux-hawk and waved into a camera after being introduced as a man's fiancée for a team competition ad for a video phone.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Activists have called for a boycott of Celebrity Apprentice following Donald Trump's recent remarks against marriage equality.

Are any of you watching this? Have any of you stopped watching because of Donald Trump?

Jose_canseco

Comments

1. I stopped watching a long time ago because Donald Trump is revolting in general. Do I really need to point to specific examples of this?
    Actually, I tried watching Celebrity Apprentice a couple of weeks ago, but (and I may be in the minority here) watching desperate and mentally unhinged celebrities (hello Gary Busey) bicker with each other did not turn out to be nearly as entertaining as I thought it would have been. After 15 minutes, I was out.

Posted by: Abie | Mar 28, 2011 10:37:35 AM

2. I haven't been watching the show, don't plan to, ever.
    Donald Trump is a little piece of...

Posted by: Fred | Mar 28, 2011 10:39:40 AM

3. Trump can't cynically play anti-gay for politics and still expect gays to watch his show. The fact that he's had two major contestants, Joan Rivers (who won) and Cyndi Lauper, playing for AIDS organizations and gay causes, actually makes Trump's anti-equality comments even worse. He obviously knows better, but chooses to exploit bigotry anyway. What a creep.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Mar 28, 2011 10:44:48 AM

4. I tried to watch the Apprentice series twice, and only got 10 minutes into each episode before switching the channel.

Trump is a fraud. His ego is unmatched, with the possible exception of some third-world dictators.

Oh, and he's a wingnut.

Posted by: The_Fixer | Mar 28, 2011 10:48:29 AM

5. Was starting the first show on casttv when Donald Dick opened his tea-bagging fat mouth and threw in with the homophobes, beck, palin, rush bachman overturds set.

Despite my addiction to reallly bad TV - this show i had to stop watching. Somethings are more important.

But my fiscal boycott of Trump doesn't end there. This AM i am booking 20,000.00 worth of hotel rooms in NYC today. Normally Trump would have received ALL of my business (including a gambling junkett to Trumps Taj - which would have sweetened Trumps take from my family) but now... Sorry Trump. You and your new celebrity politacl hack friends will come to learn that being in the business of creating Disposable Peoples for your ambitions went out of style in 1948.

Posted by: Mikey Mugglesworth | Mar 28, 2011 10:52:22 AM

6. Have stopped watching the show. I don't care much for hateful people the likes of Donald.

Posted by: JKM | Mar 28, 2011 10:55:34 AM

7. its reaaally hard not to watch what with LATOYA STAR JONES & DIONNE"I GOT UR # HUSSY" WARWICK on the show-but I wont !!

Posted by: Mattsy | Mar 28, 2011 11:00:58 AM

8. I find anything on which Trump appears to be repulsive - even if it's a guest appearance on a show I usually watch. I've got much better things to do with my time that give credence to anything he says or does. This man is disgusting in more ways than just his politics.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 28, 2011 11:01:30 AM

9. I've never watched this show for two reasons:

1. I hate so-called "reality" programs, because they are anything but reality.

2. I've always found Trump to be a repulsive little troll with a ridiculously bad combover who isn't worth my time or attention.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 28, 2011 11:03:05 AM

10. Oscar Wilde's famous words describe Trump: "A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." I avoid the show and anything else Trump has to deal with because of everything Brian, Rob, The_Fixer, Fred and others have said. With or without the combover, he is revolting. I've always thought the label "white trash" should be reserved for people like him, not for people who are looked down upon simply because they have little money.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Mar 28, 2011 11:25:30 AM

11. I haven't watched since the Joan Rivers edition - and before that when Omarosa was on (I'm a big fan of hers).

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Mar 28, 2011 11:49:10 AM

12. Well, I watched this, and it was interesting to note that Donald Trump is VERY uncomfortble with anything gay . The mens's team used a gay person in their phone ad and Canseco played gay. It was so tame, all Canseco did was wave "hola" and wore a little makeup. But you would have thought there was fisting involved in the ad, Trump kept calling it "risque" and alluded to the fact that it was a very controversial move. What planet does this orange blowhard reside in?

Posted by: Clanky Mish | Mar 28, 2011 11:57:21 AM

13. Despite the obvious anti-gay views that Trump holds, I've still been watching the show for the past few seasons. Even if Trump himself may be anti-gay, he seems welcoming to gay contestants like Richard Hatch and contestants like Cindi who raised money for LGBT charities.

That being said, last night's episode was ridiculous. The men's team was rewarded for creating a video that Trump and themselves deemed "hilarious" simply because it featured a gay couple. I was disappointed that Richard Hatch or anyone else in the winning team couldn't have utilized the same concept (a man introducing his parents to his male fiance) in a more respectful, positive manner and even more disappointed in the judges for their selection.

Posted by: Jason | Mar 28, 2011 11:59:56 AM

14. Boycotting because of Donald Trump.
    Still boycotting target too.

Posted by: peterfriend | Mar 28, 2011 12:08:49 PM

15. gigo = garbage in garbage out

Posted by: Charlie | Mar 28, 2011 12:15:25 PM

16. Hate the Show..Despise the man...but my Mother no longer watches after I told her about his abhorrent anti-gay views and now she won't watch and neither are her friends...

Posted by: mcNnyc | Mar 28, 2011 12:39:12 PM

17. and BTW...The TRUMP line of men's fashion at MACY'S is repulsive, ugly and I've always hated the quality.
    When Macy's started that line it was DOWN HILL.

Posted by: mcNnyc | Mar 28, 2011 12:42:07 PM

18. This show has always sucked.Trump and Canseco are just bigots plain and simple.That video was just stereotyping gays especially the way Jose looked and the hola when he said it.Dreadful propaganda as usual.

Posted by: kenny | Mar 28, 2011 12:49:46 PM

19. I am watching, and will continue to watch. Since it's switch to "celebrity" mode, it has been a lot less about Trump's weird, alien Calvinballesque rules of leadership and more about watching C-List celebrities do silly things that they view as demeaning. In many cases (Canseco, Dionne Warwick) my opinion of a given celebrity has gone significantly down from their actions on the show, especially if I had no real opinion of them beforehand.

I hope the show continues well into Trump's fake psuedo-campaign, as there's no better way to expose his random acts of contradiction than this show. Does anyone really treat anything Trump has to say seriously? Are there people who hang onto his opinion on things as some sort of guide to life? If I thought that anyone outside of his sad little sycophantic offspring and those directly employed by him actually gave a crap about his viewpoints, I'd worry, but the only people who are going to agree with him are those that already do.

Good to know the superior-than-thou "all-reality-shows-are-so-awful-i-must-put-reality-in-quotes" crowd is still around, though.

Posted by: dekko | Mar 28, 2011 1:12:25 PM

20. The ladies on this season are a hot mess.
    Worth watching--do boycotts even work?

Posted by: Drew | Mar 28, 2011 1:54:50 PM

21. eh, doesn't seem like a big deal at all. as far as his candidacy for president - it seems like nothing but a bunch of hot air. it's all very entertaining.

Posted by: j | Mar 28, 2011 2:01:32 PM

22. I never started.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Mar 28, 2011 2:10:46 PM

23. I'm an admitted Reality TV junkie. I'm not too good to admit it. But "The Celebrity Apprentice" is TWO effing hours! Give me a break. Get an editor! And then move on to trimming down the two hour monstrosity of The Biggest Loser. NOT necessary.

Posted by: AJ | Mar 28, 2011 2:27:35 PM

24. And big deal on this clip. Not offensive at all. Can we have a sense of humor? I would actually find Canseco pretty attractive if his eyes weren't bloodshot all the time.

Posted by: AJ | Mar 28, 2011 2:30:36 PM

25. When they first brought up the gay idea, I said, "There's a reason they don't make commercials like that in America." Then it became obvious they were going for the Superbowl/comedy/viral angle. It's fine to have gays in a mainstream brand commercial as long as you go for easy stereotypes and get a laugh out of them. They'd never have gotten away with something like France's gay McDonald's ad.

Posted by: David L Rattigan | Mar 28, 2011 2:37:32 PM