UT Administrator Fired for Saying Gays Violate God’s Divine Order is Hired as HR Head for City in Michigan

Those of you who have been following this site for a while will remember Crystal Dixon. In 2008, I posted about the  then University of Toledo associate vice president of human resources, who was fired after writing an article in the Toledo Free Press in which she said gays "violate God's divine order," and later told reporters at her church that she had a divine mandate to write the column.

Dixon Said Dixon in the article, "As a Black woman … I take great umbrage at the notion that those choosing the homosexual lifestyle are civil rights victims. I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a Black woman. Daily thousands of homosexuals make a life decision to leave the gay lifestyle."

She concluded: "My final and most important point. There is a divine order. God created human kind male and female (Genesis 1:27). God created humans with an inalienable right to choose. There are consequences for each of our choices, including those who violate God's divine order."

Last I heard, Dixon was suing the university, though I'm not sure what the result was.

Anyway, Dixon has been hired to lead a human resources department for the County and City of Jackson, Michigan

Interim county Administrator Adam Brown said Dixon’s level of experience and professionalism put her “head and shoulders” above other candidates…City and county officials said Dixon was up front about her termination from the university. They said her level of professional experience was more important than her political views.

Comments

1. ratbastard says

Why are HR departments female ghettos? Why isn’t there a greater push for gender diversity in HR departments?

And who was the tool who came up with the title ‘Human Resources’?

2. Bad Humor Boy says

Yes, well, ain’t it the truth. I can tell you, brothers and sisters, that the experience and professionalism of Joseph Goebbels put him “head and shoulders” above other candidates of the day too, but it was the profound fuckwittery of his hate and bigotry that so dramatically advanced the cause of Hitler’s “Final Solution.”

3. Terry says

“They said her level of professional experience was more important than her political views.” How about her human rights views? You would think that someone with a documented history of advocating discrimination would be the LEAST qualified person to work in HR.

4. says

Um, I live in Jackson, and I haven’t seen one elephant statue. We do however have a pretty cool hippo at the mall and a great Louise Nevelson.
    I wrote about her hiring here: http://jesushas2daddies.blogspot.com/2011/03/fml-jackson-style.html

Do check out the comments on the newspaper’s site, they are mostly against her and her hiring. I am really surprised by that. Usually when an LGBT issue comes up here in the paper, the comments are all anti-LGBT.

5. Rob says

The interim county administrator must be a hater or an idiot or both for hiring this Christo-fascist bigot to another HR position. Good luck to any GLBT person working (or hoping to work) for this county and who has to deal with this out-and-proud homophobe.

6. Steven Robson says

Why do some people continue to believe that being gay is a choice? Did they stop one day and say to themselves…’I think I will choose the heterosexual life style!’? I don’t know, but I think that when I wake up tomorrow, I will still be gay!

7. Tonic says

Why does HUMAN Resources so routinely take the HUMAN out of the equation?

The one good thing: I’ve been to Jackson, Michigan several times – to me it was prison sans the iron bars (no offense @Tom above). Someone like her will thrive there.

8. says

People who think being gay is a choice are gay or bisexual and are choosing not to act on it.

People who use the argument that black people and other races cant wake up tomorrow and be white WISH THEY COULD; that is why I am different from them, my desire NOT to stop being what I am even if another way would be easier.

9. x man says

let the twit get settled and comfy in her new job and than let the complaints fly and get her ass fired. People start filing complaints about her.

10. Michael says

In other news, the city has hired Joseph Goebbels as PR director as his level of professional experience was more important than his political views.

11. arch says

If she says just one thing, just one little ittsy bittsy thing out of line methinks that her bible bashing ass is going to be hit by quite the winter blizzard of law suits and one wonders why on God’s earth they hired her -just to attract legal claims and piss off about 2-5% of their workforce ?

The whole black v gay thing has the maskings of quite a nasty socal split, with Obama caught neatly in the middle.

12. Go Galt. Please. says

Consider this just another advertisement reminding people that Michigan legally prohibits gays from being responsible and law-abiding citizens.

13. Fenrox says

WHAT POLITICAL VIEWS!?

She honestly thinks that people can change sexual identity at the drop of a hat, BECAUSE A SKY BABY TOLD HER SO.

The above is not a political view, its a sign of instability and derangement.

14. John M says

Yeah and some Mormons disagree and believe if you stopped your sinful lifestyle and became sufficiently righteous you skin color would change. And many racists would say it’s not your skin color that bothers them but that you “act black” and if you just gave up your black culturally identity and “acted white” they wouldn’t have a problem with you.

15. Bill says

Nothing but a pig with a chip on her shoulder seeking to do to others what was done to her ancestors.

History tends to remember people exactly as they deserve to be, Ms. Dicks.

16. Yeek says

“I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a Black woman.”

You know, we hear this sort of thing a lot. But is it actually true? I mean, the “tomorrow” part is, but…let me play Devil’s advocate for a minute.

Let’s say we took a group of motivated black people, and over a two-year period (comparable in length to an ‘ex-gay’ program) tried to turn them into ‘white people.’ With skin bleaching, plastic surgery,etc. etc. you could actually get many African-Americans to look, sound, and act like white people (whatever that means, just humor me). Truly motivated people might even say “I’m not black anymore. I’m white now.” They could walk down the street and nobody would ever doubt they were white.

But would they REALLY be white? If you say “yes, they became white” then you can’t argue that race can’t be changed. If you say “no, they’re still black” even though no one can tell and the person in question says they are NOT black…well, then you can’t really argue that gays can ‘become’ straight with any certainty, no matter how straight they appear or say they are.

17. says

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Mar 30, 2011 9:46:44 AM

Matthew I love being Black and wouldn’t change a thing!