Glee | Kiss | News | Teabagger | Victoria Jackson

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson Defends Remarks About 'Sickening' Gay 'Glee' Kiss on 'Showbiz Tonight'

Jackson

Former SNL star Victoria Jackson appeared on Showbiz Tonight and held up the Bible, saying that she doesn't believe she's homophobic.

"What matters is what the Bible says, and I'm really concerned about our country because secular humanism rules the airwaves and it's stealing the innocents away from this whole generation of children."

Last week, you may recall, Jackson wrote an editorial in World Net Daily attacking Glee for an episode which showed a teen gay kiss.

Victoria_jackson Wrote Jackson:

"This new al-Qaida magazine for women has beauty tips and suicide-bomber tips! Gimme a break! That is as ridiculous as two men kissing on the mouth! And I don't care what is politically correct. Everyone knows that two men on a wedding cake is a comedy skit, not an 'alternate lifestyle'! There I said it! Ridiculous! Did you see 'Glee' this week? Sickening! And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians – again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of "Glee" – what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?"

Added Jackson to Showbiz: "I just wanna know why the liberals are pro-Muslim and pro-gay. Muslims kill gays. That's what's confusing to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Muslims hate God and the gays hate His word."

Oh, and she has gay friends.

Watch her rant, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Shows like Glee are not turning kids away from religion, Victoria. It's the intolerance, fear, and ignorance from Christians that create a conflict in kids. That all too often leads them away from religion, or into lives of self-loathing, substance abuse, and even suicide.

Posted by: Ian | Mar 22, 2011 9:45:18 AM

2. and exactly where is her career? and who has heard anything about/from her recently?

sounds like a media trick for attention...

Posted by: mike/ | Mar 22, 2011 9:48:33 AM

3. the word 'communist' is on her t-shirt; does any one know what else it says?

think she has a picture of Joe McCarthy on the wall, next to her cross, above her bed?

Posted by: mike/ | Mar 22, 2011 9:50:55 AM

4. I had no idea she was like this. From her visual appearance and background as a comedienne, I thought she was pretty goofy and easy going. But damn, can't judge a book by its cover, apparently...

How sad.

Posted by: luminum | Mar 22, 2011 10:07:25 AM

5. "And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians – again!"

Glee doesn't need to make of mockery of Christians, Cupcake. You're doing a fabulous job all on your own.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Mar 22, 2011 10:19:52 AM

6. You know what I don't like shoved down my throat????
    The fuckin BIBLE!!!

Posted by: mnrocko | Mar 22, 2011 10:25:41 AM

7. Who is her gay friends? Ken Mehlman and Chris Barron?

Posted by: Ben | Mar 22, 2011 10:26:22 AM

8. She is an idiot - if she watched Glee she would know there IS a Celebacy storyline.

And not all Muslims "Kill Gays" --- I do not see Mohammed Ali coming after me.

What a bigot.

Posted by: reality 101 | Mar 22, 2011 10:28:37 AM

9. A friend of mine spent some time on a film set with Jackson. He says she is indeed, bat-sh*t crazy (and not in a good way).

Posted by: Brian | Mar 22, 2011 10:30:45 AM

10. I bet her coont smells like over-cooked lasagna

Posted by: Ian | Mar 22, 2011 10:44:17 AM

11. The show was getting input from a has-been (not-quite-was, actually) not-very-funny comic on matters of national import? Sad. Really, really sad. It might be different if said interviewee had some kind of record of newsworthiness from political work or charity work or even picking up garbage in the street. But no, they're just borrowing the Fox tactic of putting on someone bizarre to rile up the masses. Pathetic.

Posted by: Justin L Werner | Mar 22, 2011 10:48:18 AM

12. Loved her passing comment that Glee was trying to turn kids gay. Seriously, she could do more to turn men and boys gay any day than Glee ever could. That is of course pretending that the fantasy of 'turning them' that the homphobes so fear could really happen. But then, I guess believing you should follow that book she was waving around indictaes that she is pretty much into fantasy.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 22, 2011 10:55:41 AM

13. I had no idea Vickie had a stock portfolio that offered dividends in bon-bons and fudge.
    I imagine she's investing in a retirement fund that will pay out with a steady stream of cats.

Posted by: Go Galt. Please. | Mar 22, 2011 11:07:05 AM

14. I just wish she had been this funny when she was on Saturday Night Live!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Mar 22, 2011 11:28:33 AM

15. reminds me of my crazy religious aunt with the wild eyes and mean streak. she's nuts. leave her be. don't give her a voice!

Posted by: jay | Mar 22, 2011 11:51:05 AM

16. You're kin with Caribou Barbie?

Posted by: Go Galt. Please. | Mar 22, 2011 11:54:35 AM

17. I love how the reporter talked to her like she was a child....that made me happy. Firstly I don't think its liberals and gays who are SUPPORTING islam, its that we support a persons right to practice, say, do what they want with in the confines of the Constitution. We support a groups right to build a Mosque on land they own, the same as we support a groups right to build a church on land they own. We don't support a mosque donating to a political campaign that would go against the Constitution any more then a Christian Church. Oh and I wish I could travel back to the 90s and remove my viewership from her SNL skits.

Posted by: Andrew | Mar 22, 2011 12:33:11 PM

18. if every one of the 6 billion people living on the earth put their faces to their palms, it still wouldn't be enough.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 22, 2011 12:37:35 PM

19. I wonder if Toonces the Driving Cat, tossed her over the cliff one too many times. Regardless, she's gone over the cliff...and hopefully this time she won't crawl back up.

Posted by: Scott | Mar 22, 2011 12:50:33 PM

20. Wow... Am I the only one scared the more I hear people speaking for Christ? Where is the love?

Posted by: Frank | Mar 22, 2011 1:10:05 PM

21. careful her next job will be as a faux news commentator. she is just what they look blonde dumb, crazy and bigoted. she has all the right qualities. she could cohost with glenn beck or oreilly.

Posted by: walter | Mar 22, 2011 2:22:39 PM

22. Um, anyone want to give me some referenced examples of "liberals who support Muslims", at least in the context of what this rather odd woman is implying? If I remember correctly, prior to 9/11, Grover Norquist, among the creme de la creme of conservative politicos, was making aggressive efforts to recruit Muslim-Americans to join the GOP because, "they share the same values that Republicans do: family, hard work and a distrust of government". The WTC attacks put that outreach on ice.

Listening to this rather odd woman talk is listening to what I have come to call a "Stepford Christian". Evangelicals are brainwashed, essentially. They lose the ability to think rationally. They use their Bible as if it were a crutch, a drug, in fact. They crouch behind this wall of badly interpreted compilation of the mythical history of a minor middle-eastern nomadic tribe and the addition of an even more mythical accounting of a fictional "messiah". They then pretend that they're just, you know, "preaching God's word. This rather odd woman repeats what has been repeated over and over ad nauseum by evangelical fool everywhere. What is so outrageous is that she was even given any attention or notice at all. I'm sure her bookings into "christian-oriented night clubs" and dinner theatres will soar. I'm also sure she'll be appearing on the 700 Club to "give testimony" and will be a regular contributor to World Net (Nut) Daily. Personally, I don't even remember her on SNL, but I don't watch it much anymore anyway. Girlfriend needs some new meds. And some psychotherapy. It's obvious the "Jesus drug" has her fried.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 22, 2011 2:38:33 PM

23. wonder what AJ Hammer thinks of Miss Vicky?

Posted by: rob | Mar 22, 2011 2:46:56 PM

24. Can we stop referring to people who have appeared on television as "stars"? That word used to mean something. Now it's applied to Snooki and this loon.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 22, 2011 2:48:23 PM

25. I'm a little concerned to hear what Ryan Murphy said about a Christian character coming soon. We already have that in Mercedes, who took Kurt to church and talked about the importance of believing in something; Finn has been featured praying to Jesus but also having his doubts; Burt and Carole had a Christian wedding; Sue said she was an atheist but then questioned her opposition to religion and agreed with her sister to a prayer, etc., etc.
    So what brand of Christianity is Murphy talking about? A truly Christian Christian who takes love of neighbors seriously could be a welcome role model and could make Americans think about how they tend to treat people. But I don't want to see a sympathetically-printed bigot just to appease the right wing, as Family Guy did by bringing on Rush Limbaugh to be Brian's hero.

Posted by: Gregv | Mar 22, 2011 2:57:13 PM