Bret Baier | FOX News | Jon Stewart | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Jon Stewart Shreds Bret Baier and FOX News

Baier

Such easy sport for Stewart, I almost feel sorry for Baier by the end. Almost.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Bret Baier Extended Interview Pt. 1
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor & Satire Blog The Daily Show on Facebook

Part 2:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Bret Baier Extended Interview Pt. 2
www.thedailyshow.com

Part 3:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Bret Baier Extended Interview Pt. 3
www.thedailyshow.com

Comments

1. astonishing.

Posted by: Paul | Mar 25, 2011 9:23:59 AM

2. I've never seen Bret Baier's show, but in clips 1 and 2, I kept wondering, if he claimed his show was news and not opinion, why was Charles Krauthammer on it? I'm glad Jon asked about Baier's "All-Star Panel" in clip 3, but unfortunately, there was no answer.

Baier's All-Star panel, according to Media Matters, is 67% conservative, 23% neutral, and 10% progressive. Why the need to have a panel spinning the news on a "news show"?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Mar 25, 2011 9:45:27 AM

3. Fox news is scum and so are their troglodyte views. Kudos for John for demolishing the argument, "but, we're the highest rated cable news network!" like its some proof of objectivity.

Posted by: Jane Roe | Mar 25, 2011 10:05:40 AM

4. When the US invaded Iraq, Kofi Annan of the UN said: "The US should not have done this. It was ill timed and misguided. There were other options and more time was needed. However, not that the US has done this thing, the world community needs to come together with the US and bring this to a rapid close." In the "hard news" segments of Fox News, they only reported, showed and talked about the last sentence of that statement. A viewer who only watched Fox would have believed that Kofi Annan was in full support of that action and was encouraging other nations to help the US. You just can't say that Fox is unbiased in its "hard news" reporting. And Stewart is right that the 'opinion" segments of Fox News overlap too much and are presented in a 'news" format.

Posted by: Chadd | Mar 25, 2011 10:17:18 AM

5. If more people could frame their arguments so eloquently and humorously, I think America would have a lot more John Stewarts and Americans would be much better informed.

Posted by: Patrick | Mar 25, 2011 10:19:35 AM

6. Mr.Baier was having a terrible time on John's show. This professional journalist was forced to lie in defense of Fox. This was the human equivalent of the guilty dog video.

Posted by: plaintom | Mar 25, 2011 10:27:28 AM

7. They mostly come at night. Mostly.

Posted by: Guest | Mar 25, 2011 11:53:10 AM

8. delusional or pathological or both = or he is just a well paid self serving liar

Posted by: reality 101 | Mar 25, 2011 11:59:54 AM

9. shred of shreds

Posted by: Chriss | Mar 25, 2011 12:03:38 PM

10. I think the most important question John asks is why don't they just drop the facade. I could accept that Fox is a conservative biased network if they would just say so but it's their guise of neutrality and balance that makes them contemptible.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Mar 25, 2011 12:11:33 PM

11. Great interview. Bret's right too; I've only watched the Fox News shows I hate [to occasionally remind myself why I hate them], but I've never watched their "real" news shows.

Posted by: Drew | Mar 25, 2011 1:50:30 PM

12. @GUEST

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! AWESOME!!!

Posted by: sean | Mar 25, 2011 2:52:47 PM

13. Stewart shoots ducks on a pond, and Towleroad uses it to preach to the choir. There's no crime in that. It's reliable, it's fine, it's... safe. Very very safe.

Am I the only one who has a sense of having already read this article a least 1,000 times? It's reached the point where I mutter the punchlines to the cat before I've even heard the jokes. I feel like I'm trapped in a club where the DJ has been playing the same 10 tracks since Stonewall.

Posted by: Bryan | Mar 25, 2011 3:16:09 PM

14. So Bryan, how was Greta Van Susteran last night? Did you finish the popcorn before or after she mumbled something about Obama? Didja have time to pet your cat "the gipper" before Glen Beck's gold hawking commercial came on?

Posted by: JT | Mar 25, 2011 4:24:42 PM

15. "Fair and balanced" is one of the great Orwellian statements of our time. It isn't simply that this phrase doesn't describe the content, it's that the shows are largely the exact opposite of "fair and balanced."
    In fact, Glenn Beck is seriously unbalanced - in a mental health kind of way.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Mar 25, 2011 5:17:56 PM

16. You mean, unfair and unbalanced?

Posted by: Jeffrey Dunivant | Mar 26, 2011 7:22:54 AM

17. When guys like Baier agree to go on Jon's show they do so because their ego and arrogance has convinced them that they are better than Stewart and can "handle" him. They are repeatedly proven to be wrong - Jon chews them up and spits them out in the most prolific and professional manner possible. Go Jon!

Posted by: Tyron | Mar 27, 2011 1:02:50 PM

18. I can't help it... I think Jon Stewart is hot.

Posted by: Stefan | Mar 27, 2011 7:31:08 PM

19. Did Jon ever plan to ask any serious questions or was it his intention to say "Gotcha!" to Brett all along? If Jon Stewart is so hell bent on proving a bias in reporting why doesn't he pull this on Rachel Maddow or Ed Schultz and claim MSNBC has a Democratic agenda? Jon Stewart is a hack comediene and an awful interviewer and just another Obama zombie drinking the kool aid.

Posted by: Emma | Mar 28, 2011 3:40:40 PM