Bullying | Kathy Griffin | Lawrence O'Donnell | News | Sarah Palin

Watch: Kathy Griffin Responds to Sarah Palin 'Bullying' Accusations

Griffin

Kathy Griffin talks to Lawrence O'Donnell about recent accusations by Sarah Palin that Griffin is a "50-year-old bully."

Said Palin recently to FOX News: "You know, Kathy Griffin can do anything to me or say anything about me, because you know, she's kind of this - she's a 50-year-old adult bully is really what she is...She's kind of a has-been comedian and she can do those things to me. I would just ask for respect of my children. As she had stated on CNN that her New Year's resolution was to destroy my 16-year-old daughter, that takes it a little too far."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. You know she is loving the attention. She lives for it. Which ironically is why she is such a perfect match for Sarah Palin

Posted by: nhuixnhuix | Mar 9, 2011 11:11:39 PM

2. Sure she makes me cringe sometimes....but I never stop loving Kathy G.

Posted by: Geoff | Mar 9, 2011 11:12:50 PM

3. love it. SP doesn't stand a chance. as much as a fame whore as she is, kathy has her beat in spades.

Posted by: deedrdo | Mar 9, 2011 11:56:07 PM

4. She couldn't have asked for a more anti-Palin / pro-Kathy interviewer.

Posted by: sparks | Mar 10, 2011 12:11:41 AM

5. I do love the Mama Grizzly beckoning Kathy into her clutches with freshly manicured claws. Reminds me of trying to milk a moose, which is significantly harder than one would guess. I would love to see Kathy's show, as, even in all her offensive, amazingly scripted routines, she remains smiling and classy... well, about as classy as taking a dump in your prom dress.

Posted by: Patrick | Mar 10, 2011 12:27:44 AM

6. she was unusually demure, but I LUVZ MY KATHY!

Posted by: ACe | Mar 10, 2011 12:52:48 AM

7. Sarah Palin is stupid and deserves criticism.

Posted by: nautilus | Mar 10, 2011 12:55:21 AM

8. Fame Whore vs. Fame Whore.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Mar 10, 2011 1:02:02 AM

9. Miss Linclon STFU!

Posted by: Chris DaChocolatebearcub | Mar 10, 2011 1:49:33 AM

10. In the case, Palin is correct. Kathy is way out of line here. Harassing a 16 year old kid, is just not funny. I do not care who's kid it is, that's bullying!

Bullying anyone's child, gay or straight is off limits. As a community, we cannot have it both ways. We must speak out against bullying in any form, when it comes to someone that age. Willow Palin apologized for her remarks, long ago.

At 50 year old woman, who's calms to be so gay friendly, should be more sensitive about the issue of bullying!

Additionally, what has me concerned, in recent interviews, Kathy has said, "her gay friends" have asked her to bully Willow Palin. I cannot imagine any gay man, in the current environment, who thinks bullying of teenagers is acceptable.

Shame on Griffin... Kathy, it's just not funny! You're old enough to know better!

Posted by: Spencer | Mar 10, 2011 2:25:24 AM

11. America is lowering it self to these cat fights.... lovely.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 10, 2011 2:32:24 AM

12. Often not a huge fan of Kathy and the interview was far too biased even for a huge liberal like me, but she carried herself very well. When can you ever say the same about Palin?

If a few words and related metaphors, most related to animals (pig, bear, moose, and of course Alaska, taxes, and liberals) were removed from the English language, Palin wouldn't be able to speak. Not that she does such a great job now. It's sad enough that people like Britney Spears make tons of money, but at least they entertain people. I'd like to be entertained by Palin, but I'm just saddened---she's supposed to be a politician, and so clearly is not.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 10, 2011 2:43:53 AM

13. Love huh

Posted by: Rocco | Mar 10, 2011 2:53:30 AM

14. wait, when exactly did Kathy *actually* bully this girl? joking that she was *going* to do it -- really not relevant.

Sarah Palin says "bring it," but yet she only speaks to Fox...

Posted by: deegeezee | Mar 10, 2011 3:00:40 AM

15. Shut up Spencer you dufus.

Posted by: Chrissypoo | Mar 10, 2011 3:25:31 AM

16. Bullies like Sarah Palin can dish it out but can't take it. Whine, whine, whine.

Posted by: Brent | Mar 10, 2011 5:27:25 AM

17. "I'm not on Facebook"

Really??? Then she should make her ghostwriter's comments as such.

Posted by: galore | Mar 10, 2011 7:38:11 AM

18. Galore, her assistant? Aree you her friend on FB?

Spencer huh? Is 16 in the USA like still a baby? Hasnt she got a baby? I'm so confused by all those daughters that she has!

Plain and her dead eyes, I wouldn't want to mess around with her in a dark alley.

Posted by: Rowan | Mar 10, 2011 8:09:11 AM

19. Kathy is my girl! LOVE HER!

Posted by: TANK | Mar 10, 2011 8:29:01 AM

20. Hey Sarah you're unarmed in this battle of wits - give it up. Both women are publicity hounds but at least Kathy is honest enough to admit it. Sarah's just looking for more face time to keep her money making "career" on track. Kathy would be doing us all a favor if she'd simply forget about the Palin's and let the rest of us do the same.

Posted by: Nelson | Mar 10, 2011 9:12:07 AM

21. She's just wonderful.
    And Lawrence? STOP CUTTING HER OFF!

Posted by: JimmyD | Mar 10, 2011 9:38:20 AM

22. I was disappointed in O'Donnell in this interview. Kathy clearly wanted to talk about the subject of bullying and repeatedly tried to steer the conversation back to that topic, but O'Donnell seemed intent on getting Kathy the comedienne to come out and not Kathy the social activist. All said, I think Kathy handled it well.

However, while I understand that calling out a person for using a derogatory slur is completely understandable, a 50 year old woman engaging a 16 year old in debate is a very fine line. Kathy's attack should have been aimed at the clear lack of parenting that allows a 16 year old to make such a comment in a very public forum. I am certainly not defending SP, I'm just not sure that going after the teenager was the best tactic.

Posted by: Chadd | Mar 10, 2011 9:56:02 AM

23. Wonderul, funny but at times serious.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 10, 2011 10:54:20 AM

24. @ Chrissypoo above..wow, what an insightful, well written, lucid and perfectly formulated reply. Spencer has a good point. Answer your phone, irony is calling.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Mar 10, 2011 11:13:29 AM

25. 15-year-old foulmouthed bigots do not get a free pass. If the Palins don't want criticism, they can easily shut up.

Posted by: wimsy | Mar 10, 2011 1:26:31 PM