News: Pope Exhumed, Akon, Copenhagen, Royal Wedding

Road Pope John Paul body exhumed ahead of beatification...

RoadDonald Trump just got another major endorsement in addition to Gary Busey's.

Kidkiss RoadKid photobombs the royal wedding kiss.

RoadDavid and Victoria Beckham stealing all the hotness at the royal wedding.

RoadAnti-gay Rhode Island GOP House Minority Leader Robert Watson arrested for drunk driving, pot possession: "Watson, R-East Greenwich, recently slammed progressive Rhode Island lawmakers by invoking the image of pot-smoking immigrants. 'I suppose if you’re a gay man from Guatemala who gambles and smokes pot, you probably think that we’re onto some good ideas here,' he told his liberal colleagues in ridiculing their legislative agenda."

RoadArmie Hammer to play The Lone Ranger.

RoadFake signs using city logo in Copenhagen encouraged people to be "considerate" if they decided to have public sex in city park: "Sex is allowed in the park, but the sign asked people to clean up after themselves and not to have loud intercourse between 9am and 4pm. The signs carried the City Council’s logo, but it soon became clear that the council had nothing to do with them and council workers were quick to take them down. It later appeared that a group of artists were behind the stunt."

RoadAkon gets down to his undies.

RoadPublishing Triangle award winners announced.

Beatrice RoadPrincess Beatrice had the best hat since Aretha's.

RoadGareth Thomas at the royal wedding.

RoadBradley Manning moved from solitary confinement: "Manning is now detained among other medium-security inmates also awaiting military trial, according to Associated Press, which took part in a media tour of his new accommodation. The move implies that Manning has been cleared as a suicide risk, as any detainee deemed a risk of suicide would be held on their own."

RoadRahm Emanuel appoints John Pfeiffer, a gay man, as the first deputy commissioner of the Department of Family and Support Services.

RoadNPR profiles gay 'PR guru' Howard Bragman.

RoadCircumcision ban to get vote in San Francisco: "For several weeks, a group of individuals who call themselves "intactivists" have fanned out across San Francisco, clipboards in hand. Their goal: to collect enough signatures to get a measure to ban circumcisions in the city on a November ballot. The intactivists surpassed their goal this week, collecting more than 12,000 signatures - 4000 more than the minimum required to make the ballot."

Road Jared Leto  the new face of Hugo Boss.

Farrell RoadAustralian photographer Stuart Campbell gets show at National Portrait Gallery in Canberra.

RoadIndiana votes to defund Planned Parenthood. "The legislation now hits the desk of Gov. Mitch Daniels, putting the presidential contender who has famously called for a “truce” on social issues squarely in the middle of a contentious, national debate over Planned Parenthood’s federal funding."

RoadConvicted Kentucky gay basher Devlin Burke faces delay in sentencing, hate crime determination.

RoadKiller Queen: The Story of Paco the Pink Pounder: Gay boxing play in San Francisco getting attention. “Growing up not the most masculine kid, I always felt that I wasn’t included in extreme sports like boxing or hockey,” Mr. Griggs said. “I decided to write a play that would explore the idea of an out gay boxer as a means of looking at my own feelings of inadequacy as a kid and encourage young gays to gain self-esteem.”

Comments

1. The Beckhams surely didn't steal the scene at the royal cerenomy. I mean really. Wonderful ceremony and Kate had a stunning dress.
    Princess Beatrice - what a lack of taste.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 29, 2011 3:17:33 PM

2. Princess Beatrice sadly got the worst set of genes from both parents. god, she's ugly.

Posted by: B-rod | Apr 29, 2011 3:50:41 PM

3. As Lucy said, 'That certainly is a hat'.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Apr 29, 2011 4:20:34 PM

4. Hey mabel grab my bow there is a deer with a 2 pointer rack as large as a 10 pointer

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Apr 29, 2011 4:27:52 PM

5. I didn't get the gay style-gene, but even I could dress Beatrice better. Every picture I see her in looks like a train-wreck! She's got some beautiful features but her stylist just seems to hate her.

Posted by: MoJo | Apr 29, 2011 4:42:50 PM

6. David looked hot, Victoria.. no, she looked like a pig with a slapped face, as usual.

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 29, 2011 5:00:53 PM

7. Were Beatrice and Eugenie auditioning for the roles of Anastasia and Drucilla in an all-royals remake of Cinderella? I Just Don't Get It.

Meanwhile, I smell a religious freedom lawsuit if San Francisco bans circumcisions. It's a very seriously-taken Jewish decree. (Not to mention that I have a personal aesthetic preference).

Posted by: Zlick | Apr 29, 2011 5:20:42 PM

8. We wore those same hats on our vacation...

Posted by: Original Crispy | Apr 29, 2011 5:22:41 PM

9. Yikes! What were you thinking, Bea?

She looks prettier with a fuller face -- it complements her large eyes much better. Less makeup as well... Especially around the eyes! And her grandma should have ripped that thing off her head too.

Posted by: marco | Apr 29, 2011 5:37:29 PM

10. Man! I do hope circumcision becomes a popular elective procedure ...

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Apr 29, 2011 5:38:23 PM

11. I hope Hugo still makes underwear and that will be Jared first photoshoot. I would love that man 'till it hurt!

Posted by: TyInTenn | Apr 29, 2011 7:34:48 PM

12. Since there is a "B" in LGBT, let me be the first, and likely only person on this blog to note how hot and sexy Kate's younger sister Pippa looked in her form fitting dress. Wow what a figure. Kate is a stunner too and reminds me a bit of the Aussie gal who wed into the Danish royal clan. Now about that Middleton brother. I've never had well tuned gaydar so is he or isn't he? Harry seemed to walk as far away from the new brother-in-law as possible.

Posted by: Contrarian | Apr 29, 2011 8:54:15 PM

13. Beatrice, dear ... you of all people should not wear a hat that could be confused with bridle.

Posted by: Buster | Apr 29, 2011 9:11:25 PM

14. *a bridle.

And when did Jared Leto start to look like a young Colin Farrell?

Posted by: Buster | Apr 29, 2011 9:13:49 PM

15. Maybe it's just me, but the whole royal wedding thing just seemed to fall flat. Maybe because I just know she wasn't a virgin. Anticlimactic.

Posted by: Really? White? | Apr 29, 2011 9:42:25 PM

16. The ban on circumcision is an overreach, which is why it has no shot in hell to pass. To have no exemption for religious purposes is going to drive away a lot of votes, as well as making it an arrest-able offense for doctors who do it. If the petition left in those exemptions, and just made it a basic fine on doctors who did it beyond the religious exemptions, it could have had a shot.

As someone who's a fan of people who have that... certain extra something, and as someone who would have preferred have the choice whether or not I was circumsized, I have sympathy for the direction of that bill... but without those above-mentioned exemptions, it ain't going anywhere. It's a shame the people behind it decided to let perfection be the enemy of the good. Now when this fails, for those very reasons, it's going to be that much harder to ever propose a similar ballot initiative again... that did include reasonable exemptions and would have a chance in hell of passing.

Posted by: Ryan | Apr 29, 2011 10:57:40 PM

17. Go foreskins! They serve several important purposes, including giving feedback on imminent ejaculation, and protecting the glans. It's structure is like that of the lips. If anyone asks you why a foreskin is necessary, tell them it would be like trimming back one's eyelids and expecting the eyeball to fend for itself as it dries out and toughens.
    I wish I'd had children so I could lead by example and not circumcise. Instead, I am the TMI lady at the baby shower, lol.
    I hope the SF group gets lots of attention for this. Cutting is cruel and worse than unnecessary. All these groups worried about greater risk of disease transmission should spend their time and money distributing condoms instead.

Posted by: BK7BMB | Apr 30, 2011 4:51:15 PM