Britney Spears | Music | News | Rihanna

BigGayDeal.com

Listen: Britney Spears Joins Rihanna on 'S&M' Remix

Brihanna

Britney Spears and Rihanna engaged in an exchange on Twitter before releasing a remix version of Rihanna's "S&M" single on which they duet.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

(source)

Brihanna2

Comments

1. GROSS!

Posted by: tank | Apr 11, 2011 9:10:48 AM

2. I'm sorry but I think both Rihanna and Britney are being disrespectful to the GLBT community. They both look like sad attention whores playing to the sleazy straight guy fantasy for girl-girl action.

Posted by: brian | Apr 11, 2011 9:40:05 AM

3. Andy of Towleroad, why are you giving publicity to Britney and Rihanna? Both have done nothing for the GLBT community. Pretending to be lesbians to appeal to the type of men who hate us gay guys is hardly good for our rights.

Andy, can I suggest you get your priorities in order?

Posted by: brian | Apr 11, 2011 9:58:04 AM

4. I think I'm getting old and jaded because I find this just completely stupid.

Posted by: Ken | Apr 11, 2011 10:03:51 AM

5. @Ken I'm 18 and find both Rihanna and Britney completely stupid. Could not care in the least about either of them, or this attention-seeking song.

Posted by: wet blanket | Apr 11, 2011 10:43:36 AM

6. Whoever autotuned Britney could have at least used a little more finesse. Like even a little.

As for "pretending to be lesbians", how did you get that? Because two scantily clad women are standing back to back? It just looked like sexualized women. I didn't catch anything "faux-lesbian" about it. From the song itself, maybe it's because I listened to the original first, but it just seems like the two of them are singing the same song, not to one another.

Posted by: luminum | Apr 11, 2011 10:54:02 AM

7. I don't get any of the lesbian thing either. At all!! It's utter crap, no denying that, but lets not make issues where there aren't any.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 11, 2011 11:54:45 AM

8. You queens slay me..."Both have done nothing for the GLBT community." WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It's entertainment! Not everything has to be political or so f-ing PC! Lighten. Up.

Posted by: phillip | Apr 11, 2011 12:02:49 PM

9. I think the web site is called Towleroad: A site with homosexual tendencies. I would think since both Rihanna and Britney are very pertinent to the gay club scene with many gay fans that this would be totally appropriate for this web site. We shouldn't be taking ourselves to serious!

Posted by: Beau | Apr 11, 2011 1:23:34 PM

10. Fun!

Posted by: Chuy | Apr 11, 2011 1:37:30 PM

11. Everytime I see this posted, my soul dies a little more.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Apr 11, 2011 1:54:43 PM

12. What's with the fun-haters? This music is like a summer blockbuster action flick. It's supposed to be fun first and everything takes a backseat to that.

I actually wrote a paper in college comparing Britney Spears' music to the Modern Art movement. In the respect that Britney's music is mastery of a medium (ie the pop production is almost always technically flawless) with no subject matter, it follows established rules of art.

Posted by: Joel | Apr 11, 2011 7:29:49 PM

13. I don't know why everyone's hating on these singers so much :S

I for one think that these performers brought us amazing music and still do. Not EVERYTHING has to be big GAY deal. Can't we just shake our booty's and be happy?

Posted by: Ahmed | Apr 12, 2011 12:58:34 AM

14. Despite the fact that I love to shake and be happy like the above poster says, I hate this remixed version. Original was much better. They should try harder if they want a successful collaboration like some other two female popstars whom I shall not name :P

Posted by: Bryan | Apr 13, 2011 4:49:47 PM

15. Love it and Femme Fatale is the shizz..Brit's bringing it..dont hate APPRECIATE

Posted by: Tony | Apr 14, 2011 8:28:22 AM