Alex Pettyfer | News

BigGayDeal.com

Alex Pettyfer Has a Crotch Tattoo That Says 'Thank You'

Alex_pettyfer

Alex Pettyfer's sour interview in the new Vman is not winning him many fans.

3_pettyfer Us magazine offers a few excerpts:

In a new interview with Vman magazine, the 21-year-old Brit proudly announces that he has a vulgar tattoo above his crotch that reads "Thank You." The reason? "In case I forget to say it," he says with a wink.

"L.A. is growing on me a little bit, but it's still a s**t hole," Pettyfer complains. "I think it's this insidious pool where nearly everyone lives in fear. Geographically it's fantastic, but socially it's disgusting. I wish they'd run all the c**ts out."

"I really don't give a s**t about [fame]" he explained. "I wish I had some interesting stories about living in L.A., but mostly I just do my work and then go home. Being an actor is like being in prison. You go, you serve your time, you try and replicate Johnny Depp's career and then you move to Paris."

One more shot from the issue, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_pettyfer

Comments

1. What an asshat. The rumors of his bad attitude were legion, not to mention his controlling (and, she days, sometimes violent) nature toward Dianna Agron, but now it's pretty much there in black and white. Gratitude for breaks and buzz most actors would dream of is more than a tattoo for the women your fame and looks allow you to pick up to service you. BEASTLY and I AM NUMBER 4 were bombs, so why is Hollywood still trying to make this happen at all? There are tons of good looking guys at the start of their careers who would work harder and be grateful...and aren't likely to bring bad press to your film. Hot is nice, bitches can be cute, but this guy is neither hot nor cute enough to cover up how ugly he is inside.

Posted by: breckroy | Apr 28, 2011 8:56:02 AM

2. Sure Hollywood and it's celebrity culture is unhealthy and sometimes bizarre, but does being a prick makes it any better. The tattoo is self-complacent and borderline misogynist. There are so many actors, especially non white actors struggling for roles. I like the facial hair, but it can't hide how much of an arse he his.

Posted by: craig | Apr 28, 2011 9:17:33 AM

3. hmmmm my 1st post never posted, so if it does finally show up....I appologize for this double post

Breckroy, u forgot Operation Stormbreaker his 1st flop. He has had 3 flops now to his name

It is beyond time for him to fly back to the UK and stay there

Posted by: [email protected] | Apr 28, 2011 9:26:28 AM

4. What exactly has he said [and I have no idea who this guy is] that's 'bad'? He said things that have been said by many before him. A lot of people also agree with his LA. sentiments.

Of course he's a young guy starting out in the business, and he should keep his big mouth shut and be grateful he'll become wealthy by play acting, thanks to the backing of those he just dissed.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 28, 2011 9:28:08 AM

5. He's not a household name and those movies weren't billed as "Come and see Alex Pettyfer in this!" so...how exactly is it his fault those movies bombed?

(Was his acting bad in any of it?)

Plus, from everything I've heard from everyone who's visited L.A. he's right.

Posted by: Frozen North | Apr 28, 2011 9:50:10 AM

6. He's a (young!) jackass, sure, but, damn, that happy trail is somethin' else.

Posted by: fred | Apr 28, 2011 9:58:43 AM

7. Who?

Posted by: Shane | Apr 28, 2011 10:02:08 AM

8. Most of the coverage of this article is just wrong, especially the bloggers who don't get that he was joking about having a tattoo on his pubic area that says "thank you" (It actually say ALEX in Kanji) or the ones who think he's "bashing women" (re: Ted Casablancas) when he uses "the c word" when he's just being British. Other than that, how is he wrong? And I love the people who ask how he dare say this kind of thing about the very people who "are making him rich." The reason that he can say these things without worrying about it is that he was rich to begin with. Honesty is very hard for some people to deal with.

Posted by: chris | Apr 28, 2011 10:03:40 AM

9. Mine dick tattoo says: "Have A Nice Day!"

Posted by: kodiak | Apr 28, 2011 10:12:44 AM

10. Here's an idea, Alex: Don't like it here? Then leave. Don't want to deal with the consequences of your chosen profession? Then choose another. But please, please just shut the hell up.

Posted by: ANON IN SO CAL | Apr 28, 2011 10:17:26 AM

11. He'll keep on working until people stop paying him (and/or making the studios money). That's Hollywood.

Posted by: S. | Apr 28, 2011 10:17:41 AM

12. Wow, what a tool. Please leave LA, we don't need another rude, arrogant Brit here. His looks are a dime a dozen. Run yourself out of town, c**t.

Posted by: busytimmy | Apr 28, 2011 10:29:32 AM

13. "You're Welcome!"

Posted by: Jim | Apr 28, 2011 10:31:22 AM

14. "He's not a household name and those movies weren't billed as "Come and see Alex Pettyfer in this!" so...how exactly is it his fault those movies bombed?"

They WERE billed as "come and see.."!! He's all over the promo material, and he came out here and was hyped to the skies, he was everywhere in the entertainment media and even did the cliched "start dating a popular TV actress" thing. Movies bomb for a lot of reasons, but when an obvious push to make someone a star fails, guess who gets the blame?

Posted by: Henry Holland | Apr 28, 2011 11:01:19 AM

15. Haha. If I asked him about his tattoo and he told me "in case I forget to say it" and then winked...I'm pretty sure I would faint from the speed at which blood rushed to my dick.

Posted by: Patrick | Apr 28, 2011 11:10:28 AM

16. the tattoo just above his crotch is of his name 'Alex' in Japanese katakana characters アレックス. maybe his 'Thank You' tattoo is lower down and hidden from view...

Posted by: parco | Apr 28, 2011 11:43:15 AM

17. I actually like him more now that he said it..but I get that some ppl r offended for good reasons...btw it's in katagana not kanji that his name's written :P

Posted by: jayjay | Apr 28, 2011 11:51:04 AM

18. EDIT of my previous post:

I just read this c*nt's bio. He's a privileged brat. And the British one's are THE WORSE in the western world. Why they come to America and all [99%] act like complete dicks is beyond me. Brits think it's really cool and hip to be endlessly sarcastic, rude and condescending. They're worse than the French, who get a very bad rap.

And he's good looking but there's PLENTY who can take his place.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 28, 2011 12:09:16 PM

19. Another cute actor who's not the sharpest 'tool' in the box concerning mental acuity and impromptu verbal skills. So, what's new?

Posted by: Jack Scribe | Apr 28, 2011 12:10:23 PM

20. Never been to L.A., but everyone I know who's been there, educated and not, describe it in so many words that Mr. Prettyfair here so succinctly flatulented in a few.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Apr 28, 2011 1:03:31 PM

21. I spent 12 years in LA working in the same business. I now live in London and couldn't be happier about people like Alex. He's sarcastic and sexy and just doesn't care. It would do all of us some good to take a little bit of this dry humour and add it to our everyday lives.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 28, 2011 1:32:05 PM

22. Douchenozzle comes to LA. Sees the reflection of his own shallow narcissism. Recoils. Yawn.

I think I'd like him a hair more if his tattoo read "Be Kind, Re-wind."

Posted by: Tim | Apr 28, 2011 1:55:51 PM

23. "Who?" is right. I just don't get it.

Posted by: James | Apr 28, 2011 2:44:18 PM

24. "You're welcome"

Posted by: phineas | Apr 28, 2011 3:03:49 PM

25. Wow...Does he limit himself to a few intersections in the Hollywood district and to a few 'Hollywood' circles? Your line of business (and how you view it)is the same regardless of where you are. L.A. is a highly stratified and culturally complex metropolis. The only cohesive unit is the freeway system! Such myopic views are quite pathetic. I live in Hollywood, and I know far more appreciative Brits and much prettier guys. He's nothing special in this town.

Posted by: Mike Peralta | Apr 28, 2011 3:06:34 PM