Arnold Schwarzenegger | News

BigGayDeal.com

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver Separate

Schwarzenegger

After 25 years:

"This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us. After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart while we work on the future of our relationship. We are continuing to parent our four children together. They are the light and the center of both of our lives. We consider this a private matter and neither we nor any of our friends or family will have further comment. We ask for compassion and respect from the media and the public."

Comments

1. Another Republican promoting the sanctity of marriage.

Posted by: Chadd | May 10, 2011 9:12:25 AM

2. FAMILY VALUES! :-P

Posted by: redball | May 10, 2011 9:19:38 AM

3. Arnold! Behind you! A brain eating zombie!!

Jeez, I hope that them breaking up doesn't hurt marriage between one man and one woman.

They prayed. And lost.

Seems to me those "one man one woman" marriages are in trouble.

Posted by: kodiak | May 10, 2011 9:29:30 AM

4. Ahnold vetoed mt right to marry - TWICE saying the people were against for it, but somehow your marriage is a "private matter" and you ask for respect. Well, I'll give you the same respect you gave me- NONE. I'm glad she wised up and dumped your cheating ass.

Ahnold, I laugh in your face.

Posted by: Jeff | May 10, 2011 9:32:00 AM

5. I guess she couldn't deal with this anymore:

Who's gonna love you now, looking like this, Arnold? LOL! Well, someone might love your $$$. And love your commitment to social justice...oh wait, never mind.

Posted by: catty queer avenger | May 10, 2011 9:50:12 AM

6. Seriously, if it's such a private matter, why exactly did the WHOLE state of CA get to VOTE on whether or not I enjoy the same marriage rights as everyone else?

Sorry, buddy, you get NO compassion from me. The gov't has/had no business restricting my right to equality- and neither did YOU!

And, Maria, I'm still trying to forgive you for providing cover to his GOP baloney.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | May 10, 2011 10:11:02 AM

7. Prop 8 and the recall of Grey Davis.

This is called populism. And the populace is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Rick Perry, GWB, Scalia, etc....ad nauseum

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | May 10, 2011 10:56:22 AM

8. I've heard that Maria is a really nasty woman. Maybe Arnold just got tired of her crap.

Posted by: Jack M | May 10, 2011 11:08:07 AM

9. I always suspected there marriage was questionable. Arnold got something out of the Kennedy connection that's now meaningless. And I've also heard she's a b*tch. I suspect they both used each other. People at their level and class don't live by 'middle class' standards.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 10, 2011 11:48:33 AM

10. Now that Arnold is done being a politician, I guess he thought Maria's usefulness to his career plans have ended...

Posted by: Richard | May 10, 2011 11:58:05 AM

11. He's definitely gone native.

Posted by: anon | May 10, 2011 12:20:14 PM

12. time for a bible quote:

“What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
    - Mark 10:9

if gays cannot marry in his state, then why should he be able to divorce or separate?

Posted by: FairIsFair | May 10, 2011 12:30:49 PM

13. No. Nope.

Dude and Kennedy-lady-I've-always-kinda-liked:

YOU are the reason your marriage has not worked.

WHY do you think you are SO superior to a gay couple in love and together for LIFE?!!

And Terminator-guy, YOUR GAY-HATE sure could not have helped the marriage.

Just sayin.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 10, 2011 1:14:21 PM

14. Maria has always been for gay marriage, even when her husband wasn't (but is now, even though it doesn't forgive his vetoes) ... No one really knows why a marriage splits up except the two in the relationship.

Posted by: Seriously | May 10, 2011 3:07:45 PM

15. SPY Magazine years ago had a long article on Arnold's past as a companion / escort to gay men in Spain when he was a little known bodybuilder in Austria. It's pretty clear that he went gay for pay.

Hopefully his prop 8 veto will make it hard for him to gain traction in entertainment from here.

Posted by: Rob | May 11, 2011 5:16:44 AM