2012 Election | Fred Karger | New Hampshire | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Fred Karger's Demon Frisbee

Karger

Gay presidential hopeful Fred Karger wants Republican voters in New Hampshire to know that (even though he was shut out of the SC debates) he's still playing ball frisbee. His latest spot (which I think is referencing Carly Fiorina's bizarre Demon Sheep ad) promises optimism and getting along — oh, and free stuff!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That was lame. No, really. Lame.

Posted by: Michael W. | May 9, 2011 6:10:06 PM

2. Jeez, Republicans are lame and square even when they're gay.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | May 9, 2011 7:18:22 PM

3. i liked it and i'm gay... but then i'm old too.

Posted by: bandanajack | May 9, 2011 7:22:29 PM

4. Agreed Matthew

Posted by: Curt | May 9, 2011 7:26:06 PM

5. But it's hip to be square, so by token of his lameness, Fred Karger is cooler than you.

Posted by: Logic | May 9, 2011 7:58:37 PM

6. Oh, geez...I don't know. I've met Fred in social circumstances and I like him. He's a P.R. guy -- but this is not what I expect of him.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 9, 2011 8:05:57 PM

7. How many gay people know that Karger was involved with the Reagan campaign in the 80s? Given Reagan's response to the AIDS crisis, I wouldn't be supporting this guy. Gay or not.

Posted by: Chance | May 9, 2011 8:43:36 PM

8. There was something off about all the gay republicans I've ever met, and this goon looks like no exception.

Posted by: Justin | May 9, 2011 11:54:12 PM

9. But the add dosen't say anything. What is his platform? Free frisbee's for all? WTF

Posted by: NE Rich | May 10, 2011 12:05:21 AM

10. He's Republican why?

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | May 10, 2011 12:12:47 AM

11. I'm not going to say that the ad is not likeable. It's got some charm to it... it's friendly and it's nice. It's a feel good advertisement.

However, I would like to know what element of the GOP is funding his campaign? Would he be getting support from GOProud? Would he be getting support from the Log Cabin Republicans? It would seem to me that his venues of support would be limited within the GOP.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you follow the money trail then you can get a better picture of the agenda that Fred Karger is trying to support.

I will point this out though. In the whole advert... the only race represented was caucasian. Is their no african-american, asian or latino representation that he could call upon to show a platform of diversity?

I mean it's 2011... please! If you are looking to diversify and show unity and optimism you are definitely missing the big picture if you are not trying to show that you connect in an advertisement with more than just caucasian voters.

This is just my theory, but I feel that Fred Karger as a GOP candidate is just in the race to try and take away some of the LGBT vote from the Obama campaign.

I mean... let's be for real here. Does anyone honestly think that he could win the GOP nomination? So the purpose would be to establish a divide and conquer strategy regarding the caucasian LGBT vote?

Ask yourself... What has Obama done for you lately that no other president has EVER done?

1) DADT repeal (Yes we forced him to stand by his promise, but he still had the pen to veto if he was against it.)
    2) The cooperation regarding the anti-bullying initiative.
    3) Obama has been an outspoken supporter of human rights and civil rights for all people. Do I think that given the opportunity with the right dynamics in Congress he could possibly move forward to end workplace discrimination for LGBT individuals... absolutely.
    4) How many government workers, advisors, or government appointees have been involved with pro LGBT rights?
    5) Which President can you name that has done more for the LGBT community than President Obama?

Yes there are some in the community that say that we would like things to be done quicker, but everything takes time.

One last thing, when was the last time you had a President of the United States of America make promises to the LGBT community?

Some would argue that he has not done enough, but I would argue that he has done more for the LGBT community than any other president ever did.

Regards,

Javier

Posted by: Javier | May 10, 2011 2:34:13 AM

12. CHANCE,

They all know but they don't care. He also worked with Bush snr.

He's evil. Some of the campaign tactics he puled. He was asked if he ever felt bad about the Dukakis campaign he ochestrated and "he smiled and said hell no." He thinks Reagan is like the second coming.

Uhm. Ur. Er. What mean guy. But it's about $$ which is why he came out at what 60?

Ironic that his own party who he fought tooth and nail for to throw ethnics, gays and minorities under the bus won't even give him a platform.

I hope he disappears and something horrible happens to him like all the victims of his sociopathic campaigns of greed.

But Woodroad34 hangs out with him and says his nice,so all good? :-)

Posted by: Rowan | May 10, 2011 5:58:55 AM

13. This is too bizare. A gay Jewish republican? It's just another Guiness record: the most absurd run for the White House.

Posted by: Bear | May 10, 2011 7:08:40 AM

14. What's the deal? I know this guy is a Republican, which by its nature attracts our disdain, but compared to other Republican candidates, is this guy so bad? No I can't say I know much about him, but at least he's open about being gay so he probably wouldn't work to hinder gay rights. Can we say the same for people like Trump, Palin, Huckabee, Romney, Bachman, etc. etc.?? If I had to be supporting a Republican, this is the one I would choose.

Posted by: Matthew | May 10, 2011 12:31:48 PM

15. yeah cuz Republicans want to bring back "getting along."

Cute ad though.

Posted by: tom a | May 10, 2011 1:16:55 PM

16. I also think there is always just something "off" about gay republicans. This guy seems to be about as slimy as Mitt Romney. Although I like to support the republican candidates who have the least possibility of winning an election against my Democrats so I'm all for the Karger, and Bachmann 2012 campaigns.

Posted by: Stephen | May 10, 2011 2:13:36 PM

17. Fred is a liberal republican, he came out late in life, so thus the nerdyness. He is known in Republican circles, so that is why he didn't switch parties. It's good to have him out there stirring the pot.

Posted by: Tim | May 11, 2011 12:46:02 AM