Missouri | News | weather

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Joplin Tornado Survivor Revisits Store Where He Shot Video

Fastrip

The first video I posted on Monday of the tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri was one shot from inside a Fastrip convenience store as the storm hit.

The man who shot that video goes back to the Fasttrip to show what it looks like now and where they were (the beer aisle) when the tornado hit. Incredible.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How do you even begin a cleanup in that area? I cannot even imagine what they are going through. I just volunteered yesterday here in Minneapolis where we had a tornado last Sunday and it's a HUGE mess. We had nowhere near the death and destruction that Joplin had. My heart goes out to them.

Posted by: AJ | May 27, 2011 6:42:58 PM

2. Astonishing.

Posted by: Chris | May 27, 2011 8:09:22 PM

3. That is so much worse than I would have ever imagined it, and I'm sure it's so much worse in person than what I can see and comprehend from the video. It's hard to imagine anyone surviving that kind of devastation -- but I'm thankful these people did. Still, so many heart breaking stories. I dearly hope Joplin and all its people receive all the support we as a nation can possibly give. These people have lost everything and we have to be there for them.

Posted by: Ryan | May 27, 2011 9:46:17 PM

4. They were saved by the beer on the shelves.

Posted by: BobN | May 27, 2011 10:53:08 PM

5. I'm so glad to see they're okay and grateful that he posted that video. I was really curious to know how close they had been to the tornado and now it's apparent that it passed right over them. They are so lucky.

Posted by: D.R.H. | May 28, 2011 7:02:17 AM

6. My heart really does go out to these people... glad they survived... sad that so many others did not. The other video that links right at the beginning of the one above, which this same fellow shot during the tornado, is chilling to say the least.... sounds like a real-life horror movie. There is no real picture, just the audio (all the electricity was out)... but you really get a sense (albeit only slight cos we were not there) of what it might have been like in there... awful!!!

Posted by: CKNJ | May 28, 2011 10:41:19 AM