Baseball | Bullying | Chicago | News | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Chicago Cubs to Make 'It Gets Better' Video

The Chicago Cubs will produce an "It Gets Better" video, the organization announced today:

Cubswin The project has been in the works for more than a week and is set to be filmed after the team returns to Wrigley Field from its current 10-game road trip.

The Cubs will be the second professional sports team to participate in the "It Gets Better" campaign following the San Francisco Giants who released their video earlier this week.

"The Cubs applaud the Giants for their stand against anti-LGBT bullying. Bullying of anyone for any reason is unacceptable," said Laura Ricketts, Cubs owner and board member. "We are proud to join the Giants in taking a stand against bullying and encourage other professional sports organizations to do the same."

You may recall that in late 2009, Ricketts, an out lesbian, became the first openly gay individual owner of a major league baseball team when her family bought the Cubs.

The San Francisco Giants released pro sports' first 'It Gets Better' video earlier this week.

Comments

1. Good work Cubbies! FYI---LGBT Night at the Giants is 8/29 against the Cubs.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 3, 2011 6:02:33 PM

2. Very proud. I am from Chicago and have been a Cub fan since I was born! "Go Cubbies!"

Posted by: james Brown | Jun 3, 2011 6:57:55 PM

3. Nice, but they still suck. And not in the good way.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Jun 3, 2011 8:51:37 PM

4. This make me happy. I worked there as a waiter during college and must have watched at least parts of 100 games after my shift ended.

@LINCOLNLOUNGER nobody really cares if they suck. It's the most beautiful park in the country to watch a game and have a beer on a sunny afternoon.

Posted by: IAN F | Jun 3, 2011 11:50:30 PM

5. You have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writin.

Posted by: Oakley Sunglasses Sale | Jun 4, 2011 4:19:00 AM

6. I never cared for baseball, but the Cubs I love. Even when I was young living in Chicago they reminded me of the always under dog, "Gays".

Posted by: terryp | Jun 4, 2011 2:08:37 PM

7. However, simply by the outer packing is no, it must be added that with various aspects, to avoid in the presence of all in a fit and affect their man in much mind status. To noble, women will have to do so.

Posted by: cheap Nike shox | Jul 4, 2011 9:12:04 PM