Gay Marriage | Harold Ford Jr. | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Harold Ford Jr. Records Video in Support of NY Marriage Equality

Haroldford

Former Tennessee congressman Harold Ford Jr., the one-time NY Senate hopeful excoriated for his flip-flopping on same-sex marriage and his two votes for a federal marriage amendment, has recorded a video in support of New Yorkers for Marriage Equality.

Says Ford: "I’m proud to say that my views on this issue of marriage equality have changed. I’ve listened and I’ve learned. I believe committed gay and lesbian couples in New York sould be able to marry. So join me and the super-majority of New Yorkers who view this issue as matter of basic fairness. It’s time to get this done."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. You know.... I want to like Harold Ford... I think he's a really smart guy... but he flip-flops so much on the marriage issue... I still can't tell if he for us or against us! Really... make up your mind!

Posted by: Jim | Jun 13, 2011 10:36:36 AM

2. Well, Toto, I've gotta' feeling we're not in Tennessee anymore.

He's a total opportunist, but a cute redbone.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of New York: FREE SEXY CONGRESSMAN WEINER!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 13, 2011 10:45:26 AM

3. He is for sale and a opportunist ... a liar and a flip flopper. We don't need friends like that. Go back to the south

Posted by: Tom Anderson | Jun 13, 2011 10:48:25 AM

4. Yes, he's "listened" to the polls and changed with the wind yet again. Still not a shred of integrity. This sociopath obviously doesn't believe a thing about anything.

Posted by: ohplease | Jun 13, 2011 10:56:50 AM

5. Harold Ford is far from a sociopath but he is a "which way is the wind blowing" politician. I'm sure he regrets not living in Anthony Weiner's district. Ford would probably have jumped at the chance to get back into Congress.

By the way, Anthony Weiner might be "sexy" but he's a sick man who needs help. Anthony lied. Then he cried. Too bad. Resign, Anthony.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 13, 2011 11:30:22 AM

6. As soon as he wishes to run for office in the South again, he'll begin gay bashing again.

No thanks ex-elected offical Ford. You had a chance to make a difference. And you failed. And I think you knew better then. And you misread the electorate in Tenn. You lost to Corker. And people like me didn't bother to support you. And no one who opposed Gay rights voted for you. So you, like ex-elected official Artur Davis, can be irrelevant ex-elected officials.

Good riddance ex-Rep Ford.

Posted by: Tom in Lazybrook | Jun 13, 2011 11:30:41 AM

7. "Anthony lied. Then he cried."

Yep, him and about 40 million other American men...and maybe 400 million all over the world.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 13, 2011 11:37:48 AM

8. In a state were we lost the first round by a huge margin in 2009, I'll take his vote for marriage equality any day. Nothing is fair in politics, its the nature of the beast. I'd rather have former foes for us than against us, no matter their past track record. Pragmatism (sleeping with the enemy) has to take the driver's seat on this issue. Having him support us is one less bigot in the democratic party. If it were Ford in the state legislature and his vote was all that was needed to pass marriage equality, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't refuse it, whether we trust him or not, let alone like him. He's not asking that. Its bad enough we have four democrats in the state legislature opposing us. We only have 28 democrats supporting it, we need 32 to pass it. That's the reality but I doubt if it will before June 20. If the votes were there, we'd have heard about it. Now wouldn't it be sweet victory if the four foes evolved like Ford has.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 13, 2011 11:56:00 AM

9. I'm not a Harold Ford fan after he threw the glbt community in TN under the bus during his senate run in 2006. Since he is from TN and has a political history in the state then he should come out against the homophobic TN legislature and the laws they have created in the last few weeks.

Posted by: Nashville | Jun 13, 2011 12:14:05 PM

10. sounds like Harold Ford just kicked off his campaign for New York City mayor!

don't think he'd go for anything less than that...

Posted by: mike/ | Jun 13, 2011 12:22:03 PM

11. Harold Ford is not "far from a sociopath", he's the very definition:

so·ci·o·path – noun Psychiatry.
    a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

How is that not Harold Ford?

You're also wrong about Anthony Weiner, of course. As an adult, I couldn't care less that a man lied about his legal private life when ambushed about it in the press. Why would you?

By the way, Harold Ford might be "sexy" but he's a sick man who needs help. Harold Ford lied. Then LGBT people cried, because Harold Ford's sociopathic behavior actually affected real real people living in the real world. Too bad for us. Just go away, Harold.

Posted by: ohplease | Jun 13, 2011 12:27:57 PM

12. So... Harold. Do you support marriage equality in TN?

Posted by: BobN | Jun 13, 2011 2:05:36 PM

13. He's not currently running, so I like it. He shows people can change their minds (for whatever reason). We can use all the support we can muster.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 13, 2011 8:02:42 PM

14. Keep him in New York - we don't want him back here.

Posted by: TyInTenn | Jun 13, 2011 9:37:56 PM

15. So, Harry, can I suck you cock now? Just asking.

Posted by: Seven | Dec 19, 2011 9:33:54 PM