Coldplay | Music | Music Video | News

Coldplay Plays with Paint in Video for 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall'

Coldplay

Coldplay touches up an abandoned building in their stop-motion paint animation for new track "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Seriously? That song title makes me want to punch myself in the face. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Every Wish is an Invisible Rainbow.

Posted by: MatthewCA | Jun 29, 2011 2:13:53 PM

2. "I'd rather be a comma than a full stop" is one of my favorite lines ever.

Posted by: apsalted | Jun 29, 2011 2:35:17 PM

3. please go punch yourself we'll wait til you get back to us about it

Posted by: epic | Jun 29, 2011 2:39:19 PM

4. I actually like some of Coldplay's stuff. That said the title is very cheesy and what are multi millionaire artists [who live luxury lifestyles] doing in an abandoned building? Trying to look edgy?

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 29, 2011 2:47:46 PM

5. Ah... Coldplay. Music for people who don't care about music.

Posted by: mj | Jun 29, 2011 3:36:19 PM

6. U2.0

Posted by: x | Jun 29, 2011 3:39:44 PM

7. You know how I know you're gay??...

Posted by: Craig | Jun 29, 2011 4:45:21 PM

8. This is mediocre, blandish music. Still, I'd take it over yet another dullish Lady Gaga video where she seems to think she's some kind of trendsetter as she dances to warmed-over Madonna music.

Posted by: wll | Jun 29, 2011 5:39:28 PM

9. Nice work, Craig. Your reference is not lost.

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 29, 2011 5:51:06 PM

10. I wish the letter forms weren't so ugly.

Posted by: Mick | Jun 29, 2011 8:20:21 PM

11. @MJ ..u can have ur likes n dislikes but making such blank judgement about others is both arrogant and obnoxious..n for the record I like coldplay but is open to hear some music by people who "cares" about music

Posted by: jayjay | Jun 30, 2011 12:56:59 AM

12. Dense, contiguous, homogenous vertical color. Like an adequate hotel chain, it's instantly familiar the moment you walk in the door. There's nothing to hate, nothing to love, and that's the point: no surprises. Nobody really likes beige, but nobody ever walked out over it either.

It reminded me of why I liked U2, so I stopped it halfway through and put on "The Joshua Tree."

Posted by: Bryan | Jun 30, 2011 4:45:22 PM

13. Yes, it falls within the same genre as U2 [I only like their very early stuff]. Coldplay makes uncomplicated but nice enough pop 'alternative' music. I certainly don't love them, but don't hate them either, and there are a lot worse out there. On the very rare occasion I have a radio on playing music and they came on, I wouldn't automatically change the channel or turn it off. Would I buy their music or attend a concert? No.

Anyways, why buy when you can get anything for free with the right software. This is why the music industry in such bad shape.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 30, 2011 5:08:45 PM

14. This song is quite possibly Coldplay's worst material. I played it a few times since its release and I'm shocked at how bad it is. I mean, it rivals some of the horrible material on X&Y and probably beats it. It's that awful.

@MJ - your comment is valid but only towards this new Coldplay. Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head are two of the best alternative albums in the last couple of decades. AROBTTH remains my favorite alternative album -- no matter how much Coldplay is sucking these days.

Posted by: James | Jul 1, 2011 1:43:48 AM