Anderson Cooper | News | Sherry Vine | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #912

VANCOUVER RIOTS: Another jaw-dropping film. How embarrassing for Vancouver.

LOVE THY GAYBOR: Blogger Top to Bottom has some thoughts on commenters.

WILLIAM TAPLEY: Anderson Cooper takes on the 'Third Eagle of the Apocalypse' obsessed with man parts at the Denver airport, again.

YOU'RE A WHORE: Sherry Vine does J Lo (warning: language).

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Heh, Van is supposed to be so mellow. Oops, looks like douchery can occur anywhere. The best thing I've heard so far though, is that one 17 year-old vandal was turned in to the police by his own parents after they recognized him smashing up a car! Good for them.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jun 17, 2011 5:12:50 PM

2. We can certainly be proud of Anderson Cooper. Topical AND clever.

Posted by: Russell | Jun 17, 2011 5:22:34 PM

3. hehe I like Love Thy Gaybor, when he points out Andy's distraction with Kellan Lutz.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 17, 2011 5:27:32 PM

4. Thanks for blaming the victim. Someone "keys" all the cars for an entire block: "How embarrassing for the car owners." I'll hold judgment until a few hundred of these punks have been arrested, charged, and jailed.

Posted by: Hue-Man | Jun 17, 2011 5:29:12 PM

5. Might be nice to also show the day after.. where thousands of Vancouver residents volunteered their morning to help clean up!

Posted by: NorthoftheBorder | Jun 17, 2011 5:34:18 PM

6. The Vancouver video was a disturbing illustration on how quickly our civilized culture can turn into savagery...Love thy Gaybor makes a lot of sense.

Posted by: jaragon | Jun 17, 2011 5:38:29 PM

7. Love thy Gaybor—perfect!

Posted by: David R. | Jun 17, 2011 5:41:41 PM

8. That video with Anderson Cooper and the penis-obsessed "prophet" is hysterical.

Posted by: Red | Jun 17, 2011 5:45:51 PM

9. Can toptobottom even vote yet? Drink? He needs some more brush control to stop painting so broadly.

Andy needs to stop picking fights with apparently closeted crazies. What's the point?

Posted by: anon | Jun 17, 2011 5:51:14 PM

10. As a matter of fact, being born in the of 1986, I can both vote AND drink, and I proudly practice both privileges regularly.

Jackass.

Posted by: Top to Bottom | Jun 17, 2011 6:17:12 PM

11. As a matter of fact, being born in the year of 1986, I can both vote AND drink, and I proudly practice both privileges regularly.

Jackass.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/towleroad-guide-to-the-tube-912.html#ixzz1PZiZDh3x

Posted by: Top to Bottom | Jun 17, 2011 6:29:26 PM

12. That happened in Vancouver? Vancouver? I always thought of it as one of the most civilized cities I ever visited. The post about those turning out the next morning for a voluntary clean-up is more like it.

Posted by: tropicbill | Jun 17, 2011 6:30:53 PM

13. check the facts...Vancouver was over run by anarchists not hockey fans...what city has had its citizens come and volunteer to put the city back togethewr the next day??...think maybe some of these peeps came over the border from Seattle and Portland??..

Posted by: chris | Jun 17, 2011 6:33:30 PM

14. Wait ... what has Adam Lambert done for us? Besides sleeping with same sex?

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 17, 2011 7:42:02 PM

15. Am I just supposed to be eternally thankful for people using their privilege to give me the equality I deserve on my own merits as a human being? You know, I thought it was going to hear something intelligent about the pervasive self-deprecation, racism, and misogyny that lurks in the comments and people get cut down for calling out, but no. No, no. You just did the same thing and effectively shut the conversation down, for some reason you don't explicitly state but I can probably guess and totally empathize with. Leaving negative comments doesn't negate the good things that other people do with their privilege on behalf of those who cannot create these changes, and no one is going to tell me I cannot be annoyed with the continuous sensationalizing of Adam Lambert's sexuality in the context of his role with Fox, or how Lady Gaga relentlessly appropriates from and fetishizes people of color and the disabled. What makes these people exempt from criticism?

Posted by: Jesus | Jun 17, 2011 10:24:54 PM

16. There is a lot of selective video being shown internationally about what happened in Vancouver, my neighbours across the water. What isn't being shown is the group of people who linked arms and blocked the thugs from attacking one business. They don' don't showthe lone woman who stood between a bunch of young thugs and a luxury car which wasn't hers or anyone she knew. They don't show the 15 000 volunteers who showed up unbidden the next day for cleanup. That is the real Vancouver.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 17, 2011 11:01:12 PM

17. Dear Rodney Wollam ...stop ...just stop you're not helping, at all. We've got it from here if your only interest is trying to make your self feel batter for your sad, ugly little life just go we'll cover your contribution with something of substance. someone take this bitter queen to a bar she needs to get out more and log off

Posted by: epic | Jun 17, 2011 11:06:19 PM

18. @Epic
    I'll have you know that Huff Po and Towleroad are where I get my news. Excuse me if I read it daily and occasionally comment on it.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 18, 2011 6:33:49 AM

19. I agree with Anderson and think Third Eagle of the Apocalypse missed the boat by linking Shady Grove Drive to a place where "the sun don't shine."

It's clearly shaped like an S. You know what an S is shaped like? A serpent. You know what a serpent is shaped like?

The devil is in the details.

/sarcasm

Posted by: Acronym JIm | Jun 18, 2011 12:24:38 PM

20. u go, Top2Bottom!! tell it, kid.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jun 18, 2011 7:28:47 PM

21. In our society, it's perfectly acceptable to stoop to any level of stupid behaviour in the name of being a sports fan. Standing mostly naked in head-to-toe body paint in February? Well it's OK becuase he's a *sports* fan.

And when a team wins their championship, we've come to just expect their fans to go crazy. It took two seconds to google "chicago bulls riots." Of course, people condemned it at the time, but there was always an element of society grudgingly acquiesing and saying, "hey it's not what we prefer, but we understand."

Posted by: DN | Jun 18, 2011 9:59:23 PM