News | Sacramento

Adventures in the Sacramento Underground

Manhole

Word to the wise: when your cell phone goes down a manhole, don't try to retrieve it yourself.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(FOX 40 Sacramento via Buzzfeed)

Comments

1. Ceres (the at the scene reporter) was wonderful in this segment.

Posted by: brenda | Jul 25, 2011 3:45:19 PM

2. The reporters name is Tihanna McCleese.

Posted by: dctopman | Jul 25, 2011 3:55:10 PM

3. girl please. a gang took his phone? whatever. he was stumblin drunk and dropped that thing down the drain and got all scraped up from trying to retrieve it and got stuck. love how they ALWAYS try to blame someone else. trash.

Posted by: wtf | Jul 25, 2011 4:07:32 PM

4. Something about this guy's story is VERY off... If I got my ass beat by a group of "gang members" who threw my phone in a storm drain (rather than take it?), I know my first response wouldn't be to lift a heavy-ass grate cover off of it so I could climb inside to find my phone and call police, especially if my head was split open. Clearly he was in a neighborhood where he could have easily asked someone to phone for help, and those marks on his body look like he was in a cat fight, not like he got kicked in the ribs...

Far be it from me to call him a liar though

Posted by: Jesus | Jul 25, 2011 4:10:32 PM

5. Oh you New Yorkers and your sense of location. Ceres is no where near Sacramento. You also think Poughkeepsie is upstate too.

Posted by: Dairyqueen | Jul 25, 2011 4:17:39 PM

6. Drug deal gone bad.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jul 25, 2011 4:18:34 PM

7. yeah, he lied

90% of the time it is not the nearest person of color or any person of color, that is just what crazy crackers say in the hopes they don't get busted themselves. Sadly it works & a NPOC gets busted for what the crazy white person did

Posted by: say what | Jul 25, 2011 4:21:43 PM

8. "Our top story"????

Posted by: BobN | Jul 25, 2011 4:26:19 PM

9. *NPOC?

I get the people of cracker part of it, but what does the "N" stand for? Certainly not some racial epithet along the lines of 'Cracker', eh?

For the recoed, I LOVE being called a cracker! Not sure what it means or why it's an insult against white folk, but I don't care! People who accept "Injury by Word" from 'racists' or other idiots deserve whatever pain they allow themselves to be afflicted with. I think if you embrace what they try to injure you with, you cum out on top!

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Jul 25, 2011 5:00:29 PM

10. that reporter is brilliant! reporting from inside a manhole, AND THEN just bluntly asking "were you drunk, jared?"

amazing.

Posted by: Clayton Moore | Jul 25, 2011 5:04:32 PM

11. NPOC

nearest

person

of

color

Posted by: say what | Jul 25, 2011 5:36:42 PM

12. I did NOT expect the field reporter to actually reenact the incident. LMFAO!!!

Posted by: throne | Jul 25, 2011 6:29:58 PM

13. Coincidentally, that's exactly what Ann Coulter's vagina looks like (when the safety grate is removed).

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jul 25, 2011 6:41:35 PM

14. "Were you drunk Jared?"

"No, but I was stoned out of my skull."

If his "buddy" lives on the corner, why did he need his cell phone to call police?

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jul 25, 2011 6:52:25 PM

15. "Cracker" as a term of insult to caucasians refers to white slave-owners who used to crack their whips to punish slaves.

I am just amazed that the reporter had the balls to actually lift the grate and get her clothes dirty for a simple segment. /shudder at the thought of ruining my shirt and pants in such a manner.

Posted by: Gabe | Jul 25, 2011 6:59:31 PM

16. That poor little cub.

Posted by: Cubscoutii | Jul 26, 2011 8:33:27 AM