Jean-Claude Van Damme On Gay Fans: They Have Taste

Vandamme Jean-Claude Van Damme recently sat down with Sabotage Times to offer his thoughts on his native Belgium, how he dislikes tabloids and, yes, how he feels about his gay fans.

Here's what the action star, once known as "The Muscles from Brussels," had to say:

Most gay people are very tasty people – they like beautiful stuff in their lives. If they like me, it means they have taste. They don’t follow me for my butt shots.

They like me for me.

Hmmm. It's been ages since I last saw one of Van Damme's films, but I'm not sure my fandom was for his theatrical abilities.

Comments

1. justme says

His ass is top-notch, but I really do like him for him. He definitely has charisma and there’s no such thing as a JCVD movie where he doesn’t give it everything he’s got. What’s not to like?

2. says

My husband tells me of how Van Dame use to go to Rage (a gay bar in W Hollywood) along with Van Dame’s girlfriend of the moment and seek out another guy to go back with them to their room. Now why a gay bar?

3. eyechart says

I watched “Universal Soldier” on tape and almost wore out the section in the motel room where he’s naked except for socks and the camera lovingly pans up from the socks to his beefy thighs to his incredible ass…

rewind…slo-mo…pause

I don’t remember the rest of the movie.

4. kode says

Over ten years ago there were articles about him admitting that he used to go out with his male friend and they’d pick up dudes. I don’t remember that much about the whole thing, so this is just baseless rumours here now. It’s possible that the whole thing came out in a trial involving his friend.

It’s possible that the articles were just rumours and not true, but I remember reading them in few places here in Europe. And it was before the internet, if I remember correctly.

5. Pete n SFO says

Dear JCVD, We gays DO like the tasty & we’re glad you noticed.

Personally, I love a good blockbuster. Leave the guy alone. His comments were positive.

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I can’t take you kids ANYWHERE!

6. DN says

Sure, most of his movies are silly, but I will say that JCVD was one of the best movies I’ve seen in the last few years.

Sure it was Dog Day Afternoon a la belche, but just for him kicking the Gaumont kid at the beginning – priceless.

7. Paul says

Actors like Jcvd like to equivcate on the matter of their sexuality. Gaydar, Blind1, social life, etc. seem to indicate that they ‘are’but their ambiguity on the question is deliverate; it’s an ego thing and their preception of who they want to be.
    it’s too bad they can’t proudly declare that they are gay (or at least, bi)and not treat that orientation as being afflicted with a diease!

8. Jaroslaw says

I figure any guy who has been married four or five times probably has some issues with his sexuality or extremely bad choices in women. But more to the point, if a male spends 3/4 of his day sculpting his body to perfection, I can’t imagine why he would not want that (in a male sex partner) at least occasionally. To say nothing about how if male homosexuality is so ‘naturally’ wrong, culture wouldn’t have to beat males over the head that it is wrong from birth. You don’t have to tell someone to not stick their hand in fire!

9. Jaroslaw says

At least per the internet, one of his wives succesfully sued for divorce by photographing him in bed with other men. Also, I don’t see anything lacking in his acting skills. He does a fine job to me, perfect body notwithstanding.