Barcelona | New York | News | News Clips | Russia | Tornado | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #939

RUSSIA: The U.S. isn't the only place with insane tornados this year. Here's one that ravaged the city of Blagoveshchensk in Russia's Far East this week.

SKATEBOARD'S EYE VIEW: Chelsea, NYC from below.

CAT PROBLEM: More pussy than one man can handle.

BARCELONA: Apparently it's the new center of the Circuit party universe.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Circuit Bcn surely knows how to make a point. I would like to find a beach where guys like in the ad come up from the ocean. Oh yeah.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 2, 2011 4:44:36 PM

2. Oh look! Beautiful heavily muscled twenty-somethings models with no body hair. Watch me click. Watch me watch. Watch my pupils dialate. Watch me feel vaguely disgusted with being Pavlov's faggot. Watch me feel some vague longing to be a beautiful heavily muscled twenty-something model with no body hair. Watch me shrug and get over it.

On second thought, don't watch any of it. It's not worth looking at any more than it's been worth writing about.

Posted by: Bryan | Aug 2, 2011 4:51:57 PM

3. Hmm. I didn't know the circuit was still alive. It was kind of winding down a little bit when I was at Black and Blue in 2000, so I'm glad to see someone has grabbed a defibrillator and resuscitated it. Not that I have a dog in that fight... I've always felt like a stranger in a strange land at those things (with apologies to Heinlein).

And Bryan, I think I love you.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 2, 2011 5:26:59 PM

4. I love Circuit Boys but I found this ad to be not particularly gay. The models never interacted with each other once, not as friends, not as lovers. They could have been straight for all we know. Not a very sex-positive ad.

Posted by: nick | Aug 2, 2011 5:34:35 PM

5. There's no shame in looking at attractive men and finding them attractive. At least its not an annoying heterocentrist advertisement.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Aug 2, 2011 5:35:48 PM

6. Those circuit boys looks kind of creepy as if they were invaders from the planet of the plastic clones.

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 2, 2011 5:44:07 PM

7. Wow, Circuit Barcelona looks smokin' hot. But this is something I've come to expect from the sexually advanced Spanish. Those amazing poly-sexual Supermartxe and Matinee parties are just pent up demand from the Franco era, I suppose.

Posted by: Modern Meet | Aug 2, 2011 7:16:52 PM

8. i've got my tickets, don't you?
    uh-huh.

Posted by: tinhouston | Aug 3, 2011 12:22:22 AM

9. "Watch me reflect on the fact assimilation means my penis is just one more target market, sexuality my sexuality is something I'm supposed to buy (and accessorize), and my heart requires a state-issued document to believe in itself."

Yes, bring us back to that golden age of near-universal social marginalization and bathhouses. We were so much better off.

If you don't enjoy what someone is marketing, tune it out. Or do you have an issue with how others live their lives? Do you not like the fact that someone out there might tap into young beautiful men with a less-than cynical disposition?

Posted by: Nat | Aug 3, 2011 6:56:16 AM