Chaz Bono | Dancing with the Stars | News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Chaz Bono Cha Chas in 'Dancing with the Stars' Debut: VIDEO

Dwts_chaz

Chaz Bono made his debut on last night's Dancing with the Stars, doing the Cha Cha with partner Lacey Schwimmer. Bono is the first transgender contestant in the show's history and has stirred up much controversy over the past few weeks.

Watch his 'DWTS' debut, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Way to go Chaz! Good job bubba!

I can't help but notice how Chaz looks, sounds and acts like he could be Marcus Bachmann's more masculine, more straight younger brother.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 20, 2011 9:03:12 AM

2. GO BOY!!!WOOHOO

Posted by: kranbree | Sep 20, 2011 9:20:47 AM

3. Oh I see Zeke. Only masculine men are straighter and camp men are gay? Really? Is your experience of gay men that narrow and limited?? What a generalization.

By your reasoning, you feel I guess that gay men have more female chromosomes which is what makes them unmasculine.

Sheez.

Posted by: Rowan | Sep 20, 2011 9:25:52 AM

4. @Rowan Give it a rest!

GO CHAZ!!!

Posted by: Ames | Sep 20, 2011 9:31:43 AM

5. I sat through the whole show to watch Chaz, and he did great! It would be cool, even if you're not a fan of the show to log on to abc and vote for him.

Posted by: Geoff M | Sep 20, 2011 9:40:01 AM

6. I think he did a much better job than I was expecting. What bravery in the face of so much hate! http://wp.me/p1se8R-1m1

Posted by: Tom | Sep 20, 2011 9:43:56 AM

7. Hats off to Chaz...thanks for breaking down yet another barrier, and proving to the haters that it is only through their own ignorance that intolerance is bred. Keep up the great work, and here's voting for you to make it to the end.

Posted by: Keith | Sep 20, 2011 10:03:15 AM

8. He's so cute I just want to hug him.

Posted by: Jersey | Sep 20, 2011 10:09:17 AM

9. Well, ALRIGHT, Chaz! That was very well done.

And, dude, you look so cute with the beard.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Sep 20, 2011 10:11:23 AM

10. Chaz did great! I'm happy he proved he can dance and will hopefully stay on the show for a while. What about Carson's performance? I've just been to my 3 favorite gay news blogs and no one's posted about him yet.

Posted by: That Burning Sensation | Sep 20, 2011 10:14:27 AM

11. I heard there were hundreds of thousands, no wait, millions, of kids across the southern United States who decided to have sex change operations today. Why isn't Focus on the Family reporting on this?
    ;-)

Posted by: Oliver | Sep 20, 2011 10:18:38 AM

12. I tried to watch DWTS, but DAYUM! How does anyone sit through this tripe?

Posted by: JayJay | Sep 20, 2011 10:42:56 AM

13. You'll notice they put Chaz on last. He is their biggest draw. It can't be easy for the guy to have his whole sexual struggle play out on television but he deserves our strongest support. Greg (husband) and I voted for him five times each and Carson too. Carson was not only funny but very entertaining. Sadly neither one of them can dance and that doesn't bode well for the gay community - a community that has the best dancers in the world. Vote! Even if you don't watch the show.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Sep 20, 2011 10:50:33 AM

14. You'd think while they were in there tinkering with stuff during the transition they could have stopped by the gut and liposuctioned a couple dozen pounds off as well. I support Chaz as a representative of the transgender community, but I don't want to see him keel over from a heart attack.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 20, 2011 10:56:16 AM

15. I'm not the least bit surprised he did so well -- he's got some of the best genes in the business. And how great is his girlfriend? That man has talent and knows how to sell a performance, but, above all, he just radiates joy and serenity.

I can't believe I'm actually going to cast a vote on this show, but he's earned it.

Posted by: justme | Sep 20, 2011 11:10:24 AM

16. Yes, he's very cute. Like Teddy Ruxpin.

Posted by: Rin | Sep 20, 2011 11:32:48 AM

17. What about Nancy Grace, not bad.......

Posted by: Rob West | Sep 20, 2011 11:35:48 AM

18. Oh Rowan, you're just so darn cute and cuddly when you're being all self-righteous and humorless. What I'd give to have had a video of your response so that I could enjoy the absolute adorableness of your tantrum. And it's just so precious how you took my comment and twisted it so deliciously inside your pretty little head, managing, with the greatest of ease and style, to turn it into something unrecognizable to the original. I'm in awe!

So I just had to take the time to tell you how much I adore you. No, really, I mean it. I could just eat you up. Don't you DARE change a thing!

Hugs and kisses <3
    TampaZeke

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 20, 2011 12:55:31 PM

19. what chaz danced and there isn't a line of people wanting a sex change and the sun didn't fall from the sky. must be very frustrating to all those right wing bigots who preached doom and gloom. well wait didn't that idiot in cali sy the real rapture was october and pat robertson hasn't said what natural disasters will occur because of it.

Posted by: walter | Sep 20, 2011 1:35:46 PM

20. Love Chaz and his outlook on life. Kinda sad Cher wasnt there in person. I think they still have a strained/weird relationship. They seem to keep in touch via Twitter! Cher honey...your a huge star and everyhting...but your presense at DWTS isnt going to cause the earth to stop rotating! Now show up and suppport Chaz in person :-) xxoo

Posted by: Tagg2 | Sep 20, 2011 2:55:14 PM

21. He's a great activist and speaker, and probably a great person too. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he's a fat slob.

Posted by: KD | Sep 20, 2011 3:04:21 PM

22. I have nothing against transgenderism, but how is Chaz a "Star"? To my knowledge, his only claim to fame is being the offspring of Sonny & Cher... and being transgender.

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 20, 2011 5:09:57 PM

23. Um, dude. How is Rob Kardashian a star? Really now.

GO CHAZ!

Posted by: ESA | Sep 20, 2011 5:48:03 PM

24. Chaz was very good- but the main reason I watch this show if for the pro-male dancers.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 20, 2011 6:01:39 PM