Madonna | News | Venice

Madonna Does Not Want Your Loathsome Hydrangeas: VIDEO

Madonna

At the Venice Film Festival, a worshipful fan makes the mistake of bestowing a gift of hydrangeas on Her Madgesty.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. i absolutely loathe bitches

Posted by: Shawn | Sep 5, 2011 5:10:34 PM

2. Aww... I love hydrangeas. How to reconcile this with my love for Madonna? Conundrum of the day...

Posted by: Alan Bennett Ilagan | Sep 5, 2011 5:10:45 PM

3. Meanwhile, there are people dying of starvation in Somalia. Thanks for this breaking, earth-shattering news, Andy. I will never be the same after learning this revelation about Madonna.

Posted by: Alan | Sep 5, 2011 5:12:16 PM

4. ^ that info is on the starvation blog

Posted by: flucht17 | Sep 5, 2011 5:15:40 PM

5. Ironic, considering that Hydrangeas are used to represent "frigidness and heartlessness", according to the website I checked.

Posted by: Philip Smith | Sep 5, 2011 5:21:25 PM

6. Her look and comment makes her more real I think.

Posted by: Eddie | Sep 5, 2011 5:21:28 PM

7. Another negative post regarding Madonna. whats with this blog now? starving for attention?

Posted by: Bosie | Sep 5, 2011 5:24:46 PM

8. That could have been far ruder. You know how often she's given flowers?

"I'm quite sure that if she wanted flowers, she could afford to buy them herself."

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 5, 2011 5:31:48 PM

9. When did she acquire the Lee Press-on Accent? She sounds like Maggie Thatcher's niece.

Posted by: Robert | Sep 5, 2011 5:33:04 PM

10. Oh come on - I expected her to throw the flowers at the poor guy. Her response was fairly civilized.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 5, 2011 5:36:50 PM

11. I don't think she was being rude at all. I just think she was kind of caught off-guard here and didn't expect someone to walk up to her at a press conference and give her flowers. She did say "thank-you." The vibe I got from the video was more of a "wow..that was weird" rather than a rude "I don't want these" type of response.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Sep 5, 2011 5:38:14 PM

12. I absolutely loathe carnations.

I would have done the same thing. Except I'd make sure my mic was off.

Posted by: kevin | Sep 5, 2011 5:39:02 PM

13. Why is she still famous and relevant? Too bad she turned out like this. I wanted my Madonna to age gracefully and to act professionally to the end. Oh well.

Posted by: SpunkyBunks | Sep 5, 2011 5:52:18 PM

14. Madonna Who?

Posted by: That Guy in DC | Sep 5, 2011 5:55:14 PM

15. I'm much less of a fan than back in the early 90's, but at least she accepted it and said, "thank you" before being snide.

Although, I do admit to a bit of schadenfraude when she gets panned for her loathsome attempts at acting or directing exactly because of her disdain for those who look up to her... she is utterly without humility or genuine graciousness.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Sep 5, 2011 6:00:33 PM

16. It's not the gift. It's the sentiment, idiot.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 5, 2011 6:01:15 PM

17. and this is precisely why I stopped liking Madonna. Love the music, can't bear the person. All that money and fame and she's still cold as ice...

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Sep 5, 2011 6:05:28 PM

18. Gaga would never be such a loathsome ice queen! ;)

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | Sep 5, 2011 6:15:32 PM

19. The anti-Gaga.

Posted by: Jacknasty | Sep 5, 2011 6:17:40 PM

20. That woman is so ungracious and superior - such a leaaaauthsum example of a human being. Mind you, her daughter is an ugly, wide-shouldered grunt of a girl. That's bound to make mother madge grumpy.

Posted by: Dude | Sep 5, 2011 6:18:48 PM

21. She was polite to the guy. Considering how famous she is, I'm not annoyed. Well, with her fake British accent, maybe, but not her reaction.

What IS shocking is how much she looks like her 80s self here. I mean, damn.

Posted by: Robert | Sep 5, 2011 6:19:38 PM

22. Oh come off it. She accepted them, and she made an aside comment. I've been given gifts that I was thankful for, but not necessarily for the gift but for the thought. If someone gave me something that I loathe, I'd probably still keep it, wouldn't change the fact that I hate them. LOL.

Posted by: Robert | Sep 5, 2011 6:19:42 PM

23. Dear superior Alan. It must have utterly killed you to have clicked on this video during your 3 minute break from the refugee camp in Somalia where you are working with a non-profit relief group to inoculate children against disease. I am sorry you came to a blog for breaking news rather than say...CNN.com.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Sep 5, 2011 6:22:26 PM

24. I am not a fan of Madonna, but I don't feel she is rude. She should have been smarter to said something with cameras and mics were off. That said, when did she start with that stupid british accent?

Posted by: AlexM | Sep 5, 2011 6:23:42 PM

25. You must type really fast, Robert. Kudos on posting two comments four seconds apart.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 5, 2011 6:28:32 PM