Bill O'Reilly | Chaz Bono | Dancing with the Stars | Megyn Kelly | News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Megyn Kelly Steps Up Defense of Chaz Bono and Transgender People in Rant At Bill O'Reilly: VIDEO

Megynkelly

Kudos to FOX News' Megyn Kelly for standing up to the anti-trans bigots at FOX News and calling them out on dangerous rhetoric that could put transgender people at risk. Last night, Kelly appeared on Bill O'Reilly's show to talk about her anger with Dr. Keith Ablow (whom she destroyed on a segment earlier this week), Think Progress LGBT reports.

Said Kelly:

"This group of people is persecuted already and now you have Dr. Ablow telling people that if your kid sees one in a manner that is something akin to a celebration, your kid may wind up being one of them. Now there are people in this country that will react to a transgender person when they see one at the McDonald’s or at some event and that’s irresponsible."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It's a surprising place for this woman, of all people, to start being sane, honest, and compassionate, but it's as good a place as any and at least she's starting.

It is like watching a science fiction film to watch her being sane, honest and compassionate, but I'd love to get used to it. Here's hoping there's no turning back for her now.

Posted by: justme | Sep 16, 2011 12:21:31 PM

2. Has she been possessed? Is this one of those body switching movies where her soul has been replaced by that of a kind, rational individual?

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 16, 2011 12:27:10 PM

3. This is blowing my mind. Has Murdoch's legal troubles made his grip on Fox News slip a bit and anchors are allowed to be true to their own beliefs?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Sep 16, 2011 12:34:47 PM

4. just imagine her evolution if she has another baby and keeps the hair short

she could end up a registered DEM and advocate eventually

Posted by: say waht | Sep 16, 2011 12:36:16 PM

5. This woman is really baffling me. I am so confused about why she has a job at fox, and the fact that she said "Don't talk over me Bill." was like WHOA! Maybe Murdoch getting in hot water is allowing his minions to actually speak the truth rather than distort it.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 16, 2011 12:39:21 PM

6. Wow! How unexpected. Good for her, agree.. it's a start.

Posted by: good for her | Sep 16, 2011 12:43:38 PM

7. @ KATY PERRY TICKETS: WHAT?!

Posted by: Dev | Sep 16, 2011 12:45:23 PM

8. As is often the case, my guess is that there is someone in her life who is struggling with this issue. Sometimes, it's the only way to evoke compassion from these people.

Posted by: Matt | Sep 16, 2011 12:50:29 PM

9. Damn. Don't tell me I'm gonna have to start liking this woman!

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 16, 2011 1:00:14 PM

10. it's the wrong time of year for this to all be one big April Fools stunt. So I'm at a loss. I can't remember specifics, but given a lot of the things this woman has said about the LGBT community in the past, this is very unexpected, and I'm approaching with cautious optimism.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 16, 2011 1:02:11 PM

11. It would be amazing to see her pack up and leave Fox News and spill details of the inside workings of their propaganda machine. One can only dream, but it's been great to see her stick up for Bono and transgendered people.

Posted by: Matthew | Sep 16, 2011 1:05:47 PM

12. MATT

Your 100% correct. It's always how it works with inherently intrinsic human beings (right wingers). It's like all those GOP politicians-Bloomberg; his personal chief of staff and partner who both have worked for him for decades loyally-and GOP capitalists-Singer Mr Hedge fund and Dubya's buddy; his son and son in law-who are strongly for gay marriage.

It becomes personal.

Posted by: Rowan | Sep 16, 2011 1:06:47 PM

13. Exactly why we need more gay people being visible and coming out to friends and family. This is the only way to change the minds of society. People won't care about some abstract concept of a gay person, but they will be forced to revisit their preconceived notions once faced with someone they actually care about.

Posted by: Dev | Sep 16, 2011 1:15:52 PM

14. She was very passionate about this. I'm really starting to like and respect her. Her passion alone is making me think she had a revelation and that this isn't fake.

Posted by: Rob | Sep 16, 2011 1:17:27 PM

15. Wow! Who is she and what has she done with the real Megyn Kelly??? Now I've seen eveything! Maybe ABC's paying her to get to the source. I mean we all know FOX has NO shame and she could lose her job over this... i.e. Colmes

Posted by: Rex | Sep 16, 2011 1:29:15 PM

16. OR MAYBE she's a Democratic plant and now that she's been with Fox long enough and has a high enough platform -- she's ripping off that mask and is going to town!

Posted by: Jollysocks | Sep 16, 2011 1:30:18 PM

17. @ MATTHEW - I hope she doesn't leave Fox. I hope she stays there and can open some other eyes about not agreeing with things that don't makes sense. :)

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Sep 16, 2011 1:37:52 PM

18. Ok, this is just too good to be true...but I find myself wanting to believe it. Yes, Megyn must have been "personally affected" by someone she loves for this epiphany to have occurred...and that's good enough for me...if it sticks! I have my doubts, but I'm willing to take a leap of faith and trust that she really believes what she says.
    I give her a lot of credit for achieving what nobody else has done...i.e. shutting Bill's mouth long enough to finish her thought. Who else has done this?
    And this alone raises her to a higher level than all the other fake blonde's on Fox.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 16, 2011 1:41:21 PM

19. Something has transformed this woman to be an ally to the LGBT community! It's amazing. I really want to know what happened... certainly something in her personal life has radically altered her views. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt at this point. Thank you Megyn!

Posted by: Married in MA | Sep 16, 2011 1:46:49 PM

20. More often than not I feel that the Fox News folks are just a bunch of actors showing up and playing a part (staunch, far right Repub's) and taking home a paycheck. Two bit actors.
    It was quite obvious she wasn´t acting...this was genuine and from the heart. Now I totally wonder what the deal is and where this will leed?
    Ellen Degeneres should call her.

Posted by: oliver | Sep 16, 2011 1:59:40 PM

21. Can this lady get any better looking? Love her soul and heart.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 16, 2011 2:15:00 PM

22. This "Dr A" really thinks seeing CB on television would affect them in the way he "thinks"??
    Megyn Kelly - nice change.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 16, 2011 2:16:20 PM

23. @Hollywood, CA: I agree. She's so much more valuable as the sole voice of reason on FOX...

Good for her.

Posted by: luminum | Sep 16, 2011 2:31:12 PM

24. Earlier this week, I heard on Michelangelo Signorile's show that Megyn Kelly had attended the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Assocation benefit in the past. He is likely to cover this today too. I wish someone would straighten him out about the pronunciation of Megyn. He always says Meegan and it drives me up the wall.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Sep 16, 2011 2:41:26 PM

25. Well she will be at CNN in the coming months... i guarantee it....

Posted by: G | Sep 16, 2011 2:46:28 PM