Cory Booker | Gay Marriage | New Jersey | Newark | News

BigGayDeal.com

Newark, NJ Mayor Cory Booker is an American for Marriage Equality: VIDEO

Booker

HRC has gone national with its video campaign featuring prominent celebrities, politicians, and athletes speaking out in support of marriage equality. The video series was initiated during New York's successful effort to gain marriage equality and has recently begun in Maryland.

This is the first in the "Americans for Marriage Equality" campaign and features Newark, New Jersey mayor Cory Booker.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That was a great video. Thanks Cory.

Posted by: Kenton | Oct 19, 2011 8:38:33 PM

2. I hope Booker runs for Govnernor against Christie or even better, President in 2016. He is an amazing person and to say that about a politician is amazing in itself. Hell anyone who can turn around Newark is AMAZING. Love this man.

Posted by: jmopnyc | Oct 19, 2011 9:29:54 PM

3. Cory Booker is one of our best and brightest in America. I hope he seeks higher office.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 19, 2011 9:36:17 PM

4. Cory Booker makes my deep down Newark roots proud. So awesome so smart and a true leader.

Posted by: steven | Oct 19, 2011 10:07:15 PM

5. True American hero is Booker. Love him.

Posted by: Giovanni | Oct 20, 2011 12:47:23 AM

6. Come on HRC, use the words "gay marriage" "lesbian marriage," or "same sex marriage" in your ads. We don't need to remain invisible. It looks like we are to ashamed to say it. It was a loser when fighting Prop 8 and will be a loser again.

Posted by: SFHarry | Oct 20, 2011 2:35:29 AM

7. The photo doesn't do him any justice. He's far far cuter than this one displays. A superb, bright politician who would make an equally superb governor, even President further down the road. As good as our own beloved Governor Andrew Cuomo

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Oct 20, 2011 7:59:40 AM

8. Cory Booker is one of progressive politics' great hopes. The man is articulate, intelligent, diligent, hard-working and lets the results of his leadership do the talking. I hope he one day decides to move up a few rungs on the political ladder. He is about as honest and decent as they come.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 20, 2011 10:45:56 AM

9. @SFHarry: Using "marriage equality" isn't making us invisible. That's what we're fighting for--an equal right to marry. Not "gay marriage" or "same-sex marriage" or "lesbian marriage." The inaccurate term is "gay marriage" because there is no such thing. (Straight people don't consider themselves "straight married.")

I agree that CA erred in taking the gay out of their ads in various stupid ways, but Cory Booker's statement here seemed direct and excellent to me: and Bravo, Cory. Thanks for the support.

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 20, 2011 11:01:15 AM

10. @SFHarry
    You are quite mistaken.
    There is no such thing as "gay-marriage".
    my husband and I are not "gay-married".
    WE ARE MARRIED.
    I don't want to check a separate box on my tax form, or passport, or drivers license that says "gay-married".
    (Unless you were just being a ole fashioned "knee-jerk" HRC basher)

Posted by: mcNnyc | Oct 20, 2011 2:58:58 PM

11. *sigh* Cory Booker has always made me get all girly and gigglish when I see him on TV. I have the BIGGEST crush on this guy, and a lot of it has to d with his passion for his beliefs, his intelligence, his cute facial expressions when he speaks.......*sigh*. He's soooo DREAMY!!!

Posted by: CARIBTONY | Oct 22, 2011 2:19:01 PM