Bullying | Film | Henry Cavill | News

BigGayDeal.com

Henry Cavill Was Called 'Fat Cavill' by Neighborhood Bullies: VIDEO

Cavill

Henry Cavill, who stars in the upcoming Tarsem Singh mythology movie The Immortals, appears on the cover of next month's Men's Health magazine, and offers up what I guess you could call their version of an "it gets better" story, revealing that he was tauned when he was young by kids who called him "Fat Cavill":

Cavill, who plays Superman in upcoming movie Man Of Steel, tells Men's Health magazine: 'It's definitely a s****y nickname, but kids are kids – kids are cruel. Whatever – I was fat.'

The Tristan + Isolde star says he never felt truly confident about his body, until he went through intense training for his new movie, the 300-style Immortals.

But he reveals that having to stay in such highly chiselled shape to play Greek warrior Theseus was not easy. 'It's very stressful, waking up Monday morning and saying, 'Can I still see the vein in my abs?''

Watch a new promo on his Immortals Theseus character, AFTER THE JUMP...

(clip via ohlalamag)

Comments

1. 'It's very stressful, waking up Monday morning and saying, 'Can I still see the vein in my abs?''

Must be awful. And to make all that money, too. It's a wonder the poor man can even get out of bed and function.

Posted by: Sancho | Oct 12, 2011 12:01:48 PM

2. @ SANCHO - I don't think Henry is saying "poor me, my life is horrible." But, it's so easy to take something and twist it into something it's not, especially since he's not here to defend himself.

Try not to be an a$$hole for the rest of your day.

Posted by: Hollywood, Ca | Oct 12, 2011 12:32:22 PM

3. Mother of God, that is a beautiful man.

That's all I'm saying. Siiiiigh.

Posted by: metroptomist | Oct 12, 2011 12:47:34 PM

4. This must have been a long, long time ago. He looked good when he was 17, in 'The Count of Monte Cristo' (2002)

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Oct 12, 2011 1:25:15 PM

5. @HOLLYWOOD - You undermined your own point with the a$$h*le comment. That's a shame, because your first pragraph was terrific.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 12, 2011 1:39:21 PM

6. Handsome beautiful man. I wonder what the guys who bullied him look and think now. HC has found the perfect way to pay back!

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 12, 2011 1:57:39 PM

7. @ Rob - I don't think undermined means what you think it means...

Posted by: Hollywood, Ca | Oct 12, 2011 4:34:10 PM

8. Interviewers ask questions. Actors answer them. If he's talking about how he was once fat, it's highly probable that he didn't randomly volunteer the info.

Also, this is Men's Health magazine.

If you think I'm stating the obvious, I am. Apparently people need it.

Posted by: david | Oct 12, 2011 9:04:53 PM

9. American,British and worldwide school systems should adopt and enforce a no tolerance policy regarding peer bulling of any nature. Insulting,attacking or abusing another student should be grounds to be immediately and permanently expelled. Then,let the parents of these bullies pay out of pocket to educate their evil brats.Parents must be made responsible for controlling their children's behavior.

Posted by: William | Oct 16, 2011 5:46:47 PM

10. My girlfriend has had the hots for him ever since she saw her first episode of The Tudors...honestly, not being gay here or anything, but i can kinda understand why. He is a handsome dude, i can see why the ladies love him. That being said, The Immortals looks like a good movie. I suppose i take her. It will be a win win for both of us, she can look at henry cavil and i can see a good action movie that kinda looks like Gladiator/Braveheart meets 300.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 17, 2011 10:18:56 PM