Film | Glenn Close | News

Glenn Close Dons Man Drag for Romantic Drama 'Albert Nobbs': TRAILER

Nobbs3

A new trailer has just been released for the Glenn Close drama Albert Nobbs, in which Close dons drag to work as a butler, and then falls in love with a woman, who is already taken by the man below.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

THR writes: "The movie, directed by Rodrigo Garcia, is adapted from a short story by Irish novelist George Moore. Close, who co-produced and co-wrote the movie, first played the title character in a 1982 stage production and had been trying to mount a screen version ever since."

Nobbs2

Comments

1. This looks amazing.

Posted by: yonquersconquers | Oct 13, 2011 9:44:48 AM

2. I saw this film at the Telluride By The Sea film festival in Portsmouth, NH. It was fantastic! I expect that she will receive an Oscar nod for her role in this film.

Posted by: JoesBrat67 | Oct 13, 2011 9:50:42 AM

3. I love her, think she is fantastic, but always thought she looked a bit mannish in the face, or a handsome woman, so to speak...

next we need to have a movie where SJP plays a poney...

Posted by: V-8 | Oct 13, 2011 9:57:45 AM

4. Does she sing "Papa, Can you Hear Me" in this film?

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Oct 13, 2011 10:02:07 AM

5. It's like Victor/Victoria, only lesbian, and not funny.

(I'm joking, it looks good.)

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Oct 13, 2011 10:32:18 AM

6. a period film......and no judi dench???

Posted by: Joseph Klock | Oct 13, 2011 10:46:51 AM

7. Glenn Close is a wonderful actress and I look forward to seeing this film. Kudos to her for getting the picture made (and the eye candy isn't bad either!).

Posted by: OS2Guy | Oct 13, 2011 10:57:45 AM

8. OK, Andy, you got my attention with the pic of a hunky young guy. Now will you please caption the picture so I know who the hell I am drooling over?

Posted by: Jay | Oct 13, 2011 12:20:16 PM

9. Jay, the hottie is Aaron Johnson from "Kick-Ass." Can't wait to see this movie. Mia Wasikowska and Glenn Close are amazing.

Posted by: rob | Oct 13, 2011 1:00:46 PM

10. Looks like a winner to me, and Aaron Johnson is icing on the cake, loved Kick-Ass!

Posted by: EricD. | Oct 13, 2011 2:25:08 PM

11. "Five Time Oscar Nominee"... Isn't it about time Glenn Close won an Oscar? I mean, what is the deal?

Posted by: Jim | Oct 14, 2011 1:29:29 AM